United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-08-2010, 11:39 PM
Darth Vidic

Default Out of all clubs could we now put out the fastest XI in the premier league?

-----------------VdS(N/A)------------

------------Rio-----------Smalling------

Rafael---------------------------------Evra

------------Anderson*-------Giggs---------

Valencia---------------------------------Nani

--------------Rooney----Chicharito------------

And that's leaving out the likes of Fabio and Welbeck ... I'd imagine Bebe is no slouch either. Park isn't slow either.

*I wonder who our fastest central midfielders are, was a bit lost for this one. Didn't put Hargreaves for obvious reasons.

There can't be too many faster players for those positions in the league. Off the top of my head - Clichy, Bale, Lennon, Agbonlahor ... probably quite a few central midfielders as well

Unread 18-08-2010, 11:42 PM
dunk

Default Re: Out of all clubs could we now put out the fastest XI in the premier league?

You forgot obertan and bebe

Unread 18-08-2010, 11:47 PM
Whalefish

Default Re: Out of all clubs could we now put out the fastest XI in the premier league?

You won't win anything with pace.

Unread 18-08-2010, 11:54 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I feel that to be counted you have to be able to run with the ball, not past it.

Unread 19-08-2010, 12:04 AM
Darth Vidic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
'Bebe is no slouch either'

Interesting though, because other than the central midfield its not far fetched that we could field a team like that.

Unread 19-08-2010, 12:28 AM
Crumps

The one mentioned plus Walcott, K Toure, Anelka, SWP, Cashley @#%&!, Torres, Louis Cripple, Kenwyne Jones always thought Konchesky was rapid too but I may be talking %@#$&!s on that one.

We do seem to have more than most but that's probably down to us seeing them week in week out and our preferred style of play.

Unread 19-08-2010, 12:32 AM
Coracao

Josh King owns all.

nft

Unread 19-08-2010, 12:33 AM
History

Our first 11 isnt fast at all, infact probably lacks abit of pace.

Unread 19-08-2010, 01:18 AM
taff

anderson can eat a big mac and fries faster than anyone else in the prem nft

Unread 19-08-2010, 01:21 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Rio, Raf(?), Evra, Nani, Fletch, Giggs, Tony V and Wayne are no slouches tbf and the fringe players mentioned by Darth too, hardly lacking in pace tbf apart from centre mid on occasion and Carrick and Scholes don't rely on pace due to speed of thought.

Unread 19-08-2010, 01:27 AM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Rio, Raf(?), Evra, Nani, Fletch, Giggs, Tony V and Wayne are no slouches tbf and the fringe players mentioned by Darth too, hardly lacking in pace tbf apart from centre mid on occasion and Carrick and Scholes don't rely on pace due to speed of thought.
O'shea, Vidic, Fletch, Scholes, Giggs, Berbatov are all the ones who don't really have much pace compared to other players in the league. Giggs was fast once, he over 3 or 4 yards fast as anyone, but after that.... Not calling them slow, but if you compare them to the likes of Valencia, Rooney, Walcott, Lennon They'd all get burned.

imo of course

Unread 19-08-2010, 02:02 AM
poppy

The faster they are, the harder they fall.

Unread 19-08-2010, 02:17 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Our wide players are fast, nqat. If we play with Rafael/Evra/Nani/Valencia I'd challenge anyone to find one team with 4 faster wide players.

Unread 19-08-2010, 03:53 AM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy
The faster they are, the harder they fall.
Isnt it the taller they are? (well thats what my coaches used to tell me when i said the other team look massive compared to us at U13's )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Our wide players are fast, nqat. If we play with Rafael/Evra/Nani/Valencia I'd challenge anyone to find one team with 4 faster wide players.
NQAT

Unread 19-08-2010, 05:22 AM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Yep. And frankly, anyone who doubts this is a moron who deserves to die. Or least to suffer some minor physical and/or emotional pain.

Unread 19-08-2010, 05:45 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
Yep. And frankly, anyone who doubts this is a moron who deserves to die. Or least to suffer some minor physical and/or emotional pain.
Just think if we played Palermo and Viatri up front! Speed. To. Burn.

Unread 19-08-2010, 09:12 AM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vidic
'Bebe is no slouch either'

Interesting though, because other than the central midfield its not far fetched that we could field a team like that.
Don't kid yourself, bebe is a tremendous slouch.

Unread 19-08-2010, 09:27 AM
forwardirektion

How come richard dunne is really slow but if he's chasing rooney he catches him up.....It's a weird glitch in the matrix

Unread 19-08-2010, 09:27 AM
andyroo

We could also call on this fella.

Unread 19-08-2010, 10:17 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
How come richard dunne is really slow but if he's chasing rooney he catches him up.....It's a weird glitch in the matrix
To be fair to Dunne, he can't half shift once he gets going.

I think it is a momentum thing.
Closed Thread