Might need work.

Unread 11-05-2023, 10:56 AM
Stickman

We love United don’t mind Glazer

Unread 11-05-2023, 10:59 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Pretty much my fears. Are Ineos just going to ramp up commercials and club value while doing the bare minimum they can to achieve it for the club in order to make some money? Would Qatar turn us into even more of a £#%&!ing circus?

We can’t £#%&!ing win it would seem. Pitch or boardroom.
Ineos aren't buying the club for at least 3 or 4 times it actual value to make money from the club
Utd as a company is miniscule compared to Ineos

I don't know if Jim is going to be a good owner or not but one thing I'm certain of is that he isn't buying Utd as a financial investment to make money off of it

Unread 11-05-2023, 11:01 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Ineos aren't buying the club for at least 3 or 4 times it actual value to make money from the club

I don't know if Jim is going to be a good owner or not but one thing I'm certain of is that he isn't buying Utd as a financial investment to make money off of it
I’m not sure you know how business works.

Unread 11-05-2023, 11:02 AM
windy waffles

What does that mean in term of targets?

Are Mbappe and Neymar now off of the table?

Unread 11-05-2023, 11:02 AM
Hyman_Roth

The Glazer ownership model will be gone. Also, they will not be the owners.

Think people are getting a bit too strung up with symbolism rather than real shit.

Unread 11-05-2023, 11:03 AM
windy waffles

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Clearly doesn't.

Unread 11-05-2023, 11:05 AM
dunk

Quote:

The question isn’t if they want to make money off United, it’s how do they plan to do it.

Unread 11-05-2023, 11:06 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles

Clearly doesn't.
I don’t think he’s buying it to make a loss but I don’t see it as a straightforward hard edged investment.

It’s more about the ineos brand and its association with sporting achievement. It’s basically a billionaires ego driven ambition justified as a brand building exercise.

Unread 11-05-2023, 11:06 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
I don’t think he’s buying it to make a loss but I don’t see it as a straightforward hard edged investment.

It’s more about the ineos brand and its association with sporting achievement. It’s basically a billionaires ego driven ambition justified as a brand building exercise.
You mean sportswashing?

Unread 11-05-2023, 11:08 AM
Dr Stranger

Build an empire, build an empire
Put Jim Ratcliffe at the top,
Put the glazers in the middle,
In three years, we £#%&! them off.

Unread 11-05-2023, 11:09 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
You mean sportswashing?
To a degree yes. I’ve said before that both ME and SBJ are buying it to further their respective brands.

Unread 11-05-2023, 11:10 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
What does that mean in term of targets?

Are Mbappe and Neymar now off of the table?
I hope it means we get a sporting director who works with ETH to identify the right profile of player, then Ratcliffe keeps his nose out and provides funds for those targets.

Talk of Qatar wanting to sign x y and z….why are the owners deciding who we buy?

Unread 11-05-2023, 11:12 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Do you?

Please tell me how you buy something for 3 or 4 times it's actual value as a financial investment you hope to make money back off of

Maybe 10 years from now the club will be part of a super league and actually be worth more than he's paying for it so could then sell for a small profit but there's certainly no guarantee about that

If he was looking to make more money there are much better ways to spend several billion

Again who knows if he would be a good owner but this isn't the Glazer's 2.0

Unread 11-05-2023, 11:12 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I hope it means we get a sporting director who works with ETH to identify the right profile of player, then Ratcliffe keeps his nose out and provides funds for those targets.

Talk of Qatar wanting to sign x y and z….why are the owners deciding who we buy?
Exactly. Worked really well for them at PSG. Just bauble collecting simpletons.

Unread 11-05-2023, 11:15 AM
believe

Quote:
Do you?

Please tell me how you buy something for 3 or 4 times it's actual value as a financial investment you hope to make money back off of

Maybe 10 years from now the club will be part of a super league and actually be worth more than he's paying for it so could then sell for a small profit but there's certainly no guarantee about that

If he was looking to make more money there are much better ways to spend several billion

Again who knows if he would be a good owner but this isn't the Glazer's 2.0
I know that business men don’t buy multi billion dollars businesses for the fun of it. You’d have to question the credentials of any business man who would.

Unread 11-05-2023, 11:16 AM
Dr Stranger

We are also basing all of this from a report in The Sun

Unread 11-05-2023, 11:17 AM
windy waffles

Is the debt being wiped off or are ineos taking it on?

It's the latter isn't it?

Like a balance transfer?

Unread 11-05-2023, 11:25 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I’m less worried about a couple of the gimps holding a minority share and more concerned about what exactly is the extent of Ratcliffe’s ambitions here?

I think regardless of what you think of Qatar or Ineos what people want is change. A change in how the club is run, a change in the clubs ambitions and a change in the culture around the place.

This comes from the top down.
Apparently he'll be fronting all the money for the stadium and playing staff etc. and increasing the value of the Glazer's remaining shareholding for them into the bargain.

Seems a bit weird.

Unread 11-05-2023, 11:26 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
I know that business men don’t buy multi billion dollars businesses for the fun of it. You’d have to question the credentials of any business man who would.
Sure they do

Rich old business men often like to buy into sport for the thrill of owning a high profile team and the extra attention they gain from owning that team

Happens all the time in America