United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-11-2023, 09:26 AM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by croady26
Also in hindsight he really should have kept the Sancho stuff in house and not fell out with Varane either.
People still defending Sancho… just wow.

Unread 30-11-2023, 09:28 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by croady26
Absolutely convinced he won't give Bayindir a minute before Onana goes to AFCON. That would be him admitting he got it badly wrong which isn't happening because he's stubborn. He should do though because Onana can't be trusted in these big games next month.

Also in hindsight he really should have kept the Sancho stuff in house and not fell out with Varane either.
Jesus Christ.....

Unread 30-11-2023, 10:08 AM
Jethro

Can’t believe ETH is coaching keepers to spill the ball time after time and to fluff chance after chance. When will this reign of terror end?

Unread 30-11-2023, 10:12 AM
Finport Red

“Hey Marcush, we are winning by the two goals, yes? I am thinking it would be good defenshive move for you to get sent off, go for early bath. “

Unread 30-11-2023, 10:13 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Can’t believe ETH is coaching keepers to spill the ball time after time and to fluff chance after chance. When will this reign of terror end?

Blaming it on Erik is so marlo. I suppose you could argue that he signed/wanted Onana, and so his individual errors are ultimately Erik’s fault, but then it’s not like we seem to have a particularly competent scouting set up in place and at the time we signed him, it was off the back of a stellar season with Inter, and he was generally accepted as one of the top keepers in Europe.

Last night wasn’t ETH’s fault. We were in control until Onana decided he’d rather be in Europa.

Unread 30-11-2023, 10:21 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
at the time we signed him, it was off the back of a stellar season with Inter, and he was generally accepted as one of the top keepers in Europe.
not really, though.

maybe 10h is not at fault for signing him, but he is at fault for playing him. and persistently not playing a midfield. amrabat and mainoo or £#%&! off.

Unread 30-11-2023, 10:21 AM
RedNick80

Quote:

Blaming it on Erik is so marlo. I suppose you could argue that he signed/wanted Onana, and so his individual errors are ultimately Erik’s fault, but then it’s not like we seem to have a particularly competent scouting set up in place and at the time we signed him, it was off the back of a stellar season with Inter, and he was generally accepted as one of the top keepers in Europe.

Last night wasn’t ETH’s fault. We were in control until Onana decided he’d rather be in Europa.
The ONE thing I would question though is why, at two goals up, neither time did he say to McTomminay, well done bombing on, it worked, now just sit next to Amrabat/Mainoo for ten minutes…

Unread 30-11-2023, 10:25 AM
marlo

Quote:

On the surface

In the summer with our limited budget…

He signed Mason mount for 60m, replaced our error prone keeper with an even more error prone keeper at a cost of 60m and signed a striker that while inexperienced we can’t even get the best of him.

but yeah that’s NOT on the manager.

let us win a few games against relegation candidates and the accolades go to him

we had a piss easy group with a Bayern Munich team that aren’t even that good and we are sitting bottom with about leaking over 2 goals a game.
It’s not good enough.

Unread 30-11-2023, 10:30 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
On the surface

In the summer with our limited budget…

He signed Mason mount for 60m, replaced our error prone keeper with an even more error prone keeper at a cost of 60m and signed a striker that while inexperienced we can’t even get the best of him.

but yeah that’s NOT on the manager.

let us win a few games against relegation candidates and the accolades go to him

we had a piss easy group with a Bayern Munich team that aren’t even that good and we are sitting bottom with about leaking over 2 goals a game.
It’s not good enough.
I’m with you on Mason Mount.

My post was about last night though - I’m not blaming ETH for the result because it was down to individual errors from a goalkeeper who, as you say, is letting down all black goalkeepers. He’s holding them, and us, back. Shame on him.

Unread 30-11-2023, 10:35 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedkelly

blaming it on erik is so marlo. I suppose you could argue that he signed/wanted onana, and so his individual errors are ultimately erik’s fault, but then it’s not like we seem to have a particularly competent scouting set up in place and at the time we signed him, it was off the back of a stellar season with inter, and he was generally accepted as one of the top keepers in europe.

Last night wasn’t eth’s fault. We were in control until onana decided he’d rather be in europa.
100%

Unread 30-11-2023, 10:39 AM
marlo

Quote:
I’m with you on Mason Mount.

My post was about last night though - I’m not blaming ETH for the result because it was down to individual errors from a goalkeeper who, as you say, is letting down all black goalkeepers. He’s holding them, and us, back. Shame on him.
the black keeper thing is tongue in cheek but true at the same time. I wouldn’t trust a black keeper

but the performance is down to him. It’s getting too familiar.

and it’s not the ownership, it’s not the injuries this is on the manager.

we could get into good situations in games and it always ends in disaster against good teams.
arsenal in the league. we score nice and early , could have easily took the sting out the game and stunk the place out and grinder out a win, instead conceded in less that a minute and end lose the game.

our last two champions league games we have had 2-0 leads away from home and lose one and draw one against teams that would be 8th-14th in the premier league .
Same thing happen with his team at Ajax
Yes he can’t be blamed for individual keeper errors but he can be blamed for us letting a team like those back into the game back to back games
Also compounded by the fact it’s his keeper who he signed who made the same errors for ajax against spurs…

Unread 30-11-2023, 10:46 AM
n48

He should be able to press a button when two nil up to automatically secure a guaranteed victory. It's utterly shameful he doesn't. How dare players make mistakes or opposing players try. Football is an exact science with no room for failure, gradual progress or human behaviour. What was he thinking on Sunday when two nil up FFS

Unread 30-11-2023, 10:51 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by n48
He should be able to press a button when two nil up to automatically secure a guaranteed victory. It's utterly shameful he doesn't. How dare players make mistakes or opposing players try. Football is an exact science with no room for failure, gradual progress or human behaviour. What was he thinking on Sunday when two nil up FFS
He is meant to be a top manager.

The other top managers that we seem to think he will emulate.

do you think Klopp and Pep Will give up 2-0 leads in must win games. We consistently give them up.

Some of you talk about the standard slipping yet you don’t even want to hold manger to high standards anyway.

We are meant to be getting better at better every season

In terms of performances and personnel.

So look at our performances against good teams this season and then look at the additions as well.
(mount , amrabat, Hojlund, Onana, reguillon)

Unread 30-11-2023, 10:51 AM
jem

Quote:
My post was about last night though - I’m not blaming ETH for the result because it was down to individual errors
don't let onana's typical onana errors blind you to the manager's own mistakes. at 3-1, you don't take off your only dm for another; you bring on an extra dm. well... you'd start both, if you weren't wedded to a £#%&!ing stupid tactical balance. the first free kick came from bruno having to get back from one box to another, through a vast empty space.

the players he took off were all doing a good job. his programme subs are ridiculous. read the £#%&!ing game, tenners.

Unread 30-11-2023, 11:01 AM
Bunker Buster

Softyan amrabat is a disgrace tbf......

Was chasing shadows all night in a league and country he's familiar with !?!

Unread 30-11-2023, 11:16 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Softyan amrabat is a disgrace tbf......

Was chasing shadows all night in a league and country he's familiar with !?!
right. give onana another chance, even though he is playing like he always has. but amrabat is a disgrace. having to cover the whole midfield on his own, which is £#%&!ing impossible for anyone (cass and mainoo included). when 10h actually picks a midfield, then complain about the midfielders.

for anyone who has seen either player play before joining united, onana makes mistakes and amrabat is a dynamic player, but not paul mcgrath.

Unread 30-11-2023, 11:27 AM
larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsle...-vs-tottenham/

https://youtu.be/xykJYYgohSE?si=CKT6AyhSVRDbRpvY

go and look at the 2nd spurs goal. What keeper is that dropping a howler to mess up everything for his team…..
starting to question 10h. a keeper makes a mistake this big in a champions league semi final and 10h still wants to sign him 4 years later? fergie would have sold him the next morning after that spurs game. keane would have battered him.

10h needs to man up and get rid, but there's no chance as clearly there is no mistake big enough onono can make to provoke that.

Unread 30-11-2023, 11:43 AM
n48

League position and points off the top isn't that bad even in the context of a crazy lead throwing away manager. Is this his second season in charge? Should we be expecting him to suddenly transform players used to ten years of chaos to become the best in the land? How many wins off the top aRe we? Did he have a bad first season in charge? Sure we all want instant results and success where we win everything faultlessly but to get there you need to accept gradual stuttering progress. Is there an obvious contender who is available who would guarantee instant success?

Unread 30-11-2023, 11:48 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
right. give onana another chance, even though he is playing like he always has. but amrabat is a disgrace. having to cover the whole midfield on his own, which is £#%&!ing impossible for anyone (cass and mainoo included). when 10h actually picks a midfield, then complain about the midfielders.

for anyone who has seen either player play before joining united, onana makes mistakes and amrabat is a dynamic player, but not paul mcgrath.
Dynamic player

Living off one tackle in the world cup.... He's out of his depth, totally ...

Unread 30-11-2023, 11:54 AM
larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by n48
Is this his second season in charge?
don't remember
Closed Thread