United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-05-2016, 05:49 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Has it? They walk that league anyway. The only measure for success there is the European Cup. I suppose he did as well this season as he's done the last two
They walk the league now. And they play fantastic football. Neither was the case before the Bayern board used Van Gaal to set about a revolution of playing style. They used him perfectly. United clearly didn't have the same though process; he was just a name for them.

Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Glazers Jewish yeah?
No clue...I try to have as little knowledge of them as possible.

BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
He's not David Moyes.

That's good enough for me.
JM - first main coaching role in 2000. Won: 22 trophies
DM - first main coaching role in 1998. Won: 1 trophy (the Charity Shield, or 2 if you include winning the second division).

Pretty sums up the difference in class.

Unread 22-05-2016, 05:52 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Genuinely can't believe how it's happening, even by our standards. Apparently nobody on the staff knows what's going on. I have no doubt the decision, under immense media pressure from Mendes, was basically made on the whimsical outcome of our game at West Ham, but to see the club allow Mendes to overshadow our cup win scares me.
Who says he has? What does he or mourinho gain?

Unread 22-05-2016, 05:52 PM
Billy Redface

Thumbs up

Quote:
Genuinely can't believe how it's happening, even by our standards. Apparently nobody on the staff knows what's going on. I have no doubt the decision, under immense media pressure from Mendes, was basically made on the whimsical outcome of our game at West Ham, but to see the club allow Mendes to overshadow our cup win scares me.

Van Gaal has taken all the bullets for six months, never blamed the players and kept the club's best interests at heart by sticking with young players rather than adding in January. He deserved to go out with a bang last night, but instead he's basically been humiliated because Mourinho's circle want to be sure they get the job. What a first impression to make on the players, too.

Glazers, Woodward, Mendes and Mourinho. Expecting a short ride, tbh, but £#%&! me it needs to go well.
We have our differences you and I, but that's all spot on.

Unread 22-05-2016, 05:54 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
We have our differences you and I, but that's all spot on.
Said it yesterday, I wouldn't be surprised if Woodward STILL hasn't told LvG

Unread 22-05-2016, 05:55 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Who says he has? What does he or mourinho gain?
Well he's not the manager. Wouldn't want United's cup final win to offer any momentum to Van Gaal. They're probably just making absolutely sure, and they don't care how they do it. Whatever Mourinho brings, surely you don't need confirmation he lacks class?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Said it yesterday, I wouldn't be surprised if Woodward STILL hasn't told LvG
According to the Beeb he hasn't. And the staff are disappointed. Giggs probably doesn't even know.

But Mendes calling the shots is something we may have to get used to.

Unread 22-05-2016, 05:56 PM
Bobda

Last 2 managers have cost the club £50m+ a year each by failing to qualify for the CL and playing awful football doing so, but yes, Mourinho is the one thats going to damage the club

Unread 22-05-2016, 05:57 PM
saffers

Quote:

Van Gaal has taken all the bullets for six months, never blamed the players and kept the club's best interests at heart by sticking with young players rather than adding in January. He deserved to go out with a bang last night, but instead he's basically been humiliated because Mourinho's circle want to be sure they get the job. What a first impression to make on the players, too.

Glazers, Woodward, Mendes and Mourinho. Expecting a short ride, tbh, but £#%&! me it needs to go well.
Lvg is the only person who overshadowed our cup win.

If he had done his job properly we wouldnt even be talking about Jose.

Everyone knew he was gone, absolutely nothing snide about Mendes telling peeps it was over. It was only very few folk on here still clinging onto the hope of another lvg season. Look at yesterday ffs, throws on young at striker to try and lose the cup. I have no sympathy for him.

Unread 22-05-2016, 05:59 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers

Everyone knew he was gone, absolutely nothing snide about Mendes telling peeps it was over. It was only very few folk on here still clinging onto the hope of another lvg season. Look at yesterday ffs, throws on young at striker to try and lose the cup. I have no sympathy for him.

#@&%!

Unread 22-05-2016, 06:00 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobda
Last 2 managers have cost the club £50m+ a year each by failing to qualify for the CL and playing awful football doing so, but yes, Mourinho is the one thats going to damage the club
It's some interesting kool aid lvg has provided to the likes of siders and dunk.

Lads have lost touch with reality. Sorry to put it so bluntly but it's true. They've both said they'd take another year of lvg which says it all for me.

Lvg being turned into a victim now is hilarious. Woodward for all of his mongyness has given the guy EVERY chance to make it, full control over transfers, full control over pre season, full control of how carrington training complex is set up, etc etc

2 full seasons of complete backing in every sense, we've agreed to sell every damn player he wanted out, he has had £250m+ to spend. Yes woodward failed too but lets not turn lvg into a complete victim here.

Unread 22-05-2016, 06:00 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

If you think that then fair enough. Not arsed if you have sympathy for him, why would you

Unread 22-05-2016, 06:01 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisme_panaflex
Hey did you see what happened in Jose's last job?
It will end in tears. And a biiiig mess.
The job where he won the league? And where he turned chelseas bad form around before eventually getting sacked due to Abramovich being a weirdo?

Second time Abramovich has sacked him btw. You saw what happened last time.

Unread 22-05-2016, 06:06 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Well he's not the manager. Wouldn't want United's cup final win to offer any momentum to Van Gaal
LvG was told some time ago he needed top 4 to have any hope of staying on, I have very little doubt of that now.

Mendes did what he did because he is a classless @#%&!. But as others have said he was also disturbingly pally with Fergs, so meh.

Unread 22-05-2016, 06:07 PM
Sufferin Succotash

The only problem I can see with the past six months is Woodward. LvG should have been given the bullet around Christmas time and Mourinho brought in. We would have been in Champions league, had a proper ran in Europe and would have walked the FA Cup.

Also LvG has ruined a number of careers throughout his career so I couldn't give a shit how he was told yesterday.

Unread 22-05-2016, 06:07 PM
saffers

What was so classless about what mendes did?

Be worse if he lied to the people asking him the question.

Mendes is an honourable and honest man. Hopefully we also announce Berta on Tuesday.

Unread 22-05-2016, 06:09 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Mendes is an honourable and honest man
You are genuinely trying too hard.

Unread 22-05-2016, 06:13 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
You are genuinely trying too hard.

Unread 22-05-2016, 06:15 PM
Whip Hubley

Thumbs up

Quote:

Mendes is an honourable and honest man.

Yeah ok, you boring @#%&!

Unread 22-05-2016, 06:17 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

it's not overshadowing the cup win. it's just dominating the media coverage of it.

and that is not down to united. it's not even down to mendes imo. it's purely down to the messenger(s)...

van gaal has done absolutely brilliantly by united, taking the bullets, protecting the players, trying to look after the future, and maintaining his dignity and his character throughout. and he has won the cup, with united giving a fantastic performance at wembley, dominating the game in style almost from beginning to end, in front of a massive global TV audience.

but he has failed. his year 3 targets cannot be reached because he didn't even manage to steer the team into the top 4. that said he was very very close, and head-to-head we would finish above city.

the issue i have with replacing him at this stage is that we are imo very near being able to execute his play-style automatically, and the attacking play is only going to get better the nearer we get to that, and the more experience the front line get.

Quote:
They walk the league now. And they play fantastic football. Neither was the case before the Bayern board used Van Gaal to set about a revolution of playing style. They used him perfectly. United clearly didn't have the same though process; he was just a name for them.
van gaal had a big and lasting influence at bayern, but picking off dortmund's squad systematically is the major factor in its current domestic dominance.
Closed Thread