United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-12-2013, 12:18 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
It's December 11th and they have won away twice is it in the league.

I'm sure they will be in the mix for the league but I wouldn't be handing it over just yet.
That's the teething problems they are having with their new manager. Meanwhile, they won all 3 away games in the CL and are improving in the league. Can only see them getting better tbh.

Their leaky defence and dodgy keepers are the only hope I have

Unread 11-12-2013, 12:28 PM
Mr_Ed

Credit where it's due they are outplaying / performing us in most aspects this season so let's not come out as being bitter...

Unread 11-12-2013, 12:34 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
It's December 11th and they have won away twice is it in the league.

I'm sure they will be in the mix for the league but I wouldn't be handing it over just yet.
I'm not. I just can't see another squad in the prem which is as good or has in it as much individual talent as they have. Consistency is lacking and their away form is weird because they routinely smash everyone they meet at the council house.

We'll see what happens with Arsenal this weekend which I can see them winning quite easily.

The difference in quality between our and their squad is currently the widest that its ever been imv. An awful position to be in - but one we'll have to get used to given United's ineptitude and our ownership structure.

Unread 11-12-2013, 12:35 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
I'm not. I just can't see another squad in the prem which is as good or has in it as much individual talent as they have. Consistency is lacking and their away form is weird because they routinely smash everyone they meet at the council house.

We'll see what happens with Arsenal this weekend which I can see them winning quite easily.

The difference in quality between our and their squad is currently the widest that its ever been imv. An awful position to be in - but one we'll have to get used to given United's ineptitude and our ownership structure.
Speaking of Arsenal, four tough games coming up (City, Chelsea, Newcastle, WHam). We could do with winning ours and seeing how far we're behind come January 1st.

Unread 11-12-2013, 12:37 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Speaking of Arsenal, four tough games coming up (City, Chelsea, Newcastle, WHam). We could do with winning ours and seeing how far we're behind come January 1st.
Don't just, just don't

Unread 11-12-2013, 12:39 PM
Stickman

Quote:
This. Goal keeper aside, they are streets ahead of us in every department.

Will win the prem this year and possibly the big one too.
Can't see them winning big ears but they'll win the league. They're just ruthless at home and will smack Liverpool Arsenal and Chelsea away at the jihad.

Unread 11-12-2013, 12:40 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Don't just, just don't
I know, I know.

Scousers have Spurs this weekend too. £#%&!ing £#%&!ers.

Unread 11-12-2013, 12:41 PM
Pop

Love how many assume Utd will capitalise on Arsenal, City, Chelsea and the Griefmania Groupies dropping points.

For every point they drop Utd will probably drop three.

DOOOOOOOOOM!

Unread 11-12-2013, 12:43 PM
barca99

Quote:
Don't just, just don't
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
I know, I know.

Scousers have Spurs this weekend too. f***ing w*****s.
Ano, great weekend to make up some ground, we wont though

Unread 11-12-2013, 12:44 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
This

Ano, great weekend to make up some ground, we wont though
Look at last weekends every £#%&!er dropped points.

Unread 11-12-2013, 02:34 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
This. Goal keeper aside, they are streets ahead of us in every department.

Will win the prem this year and possibly the big one too.
are they £#%&!. jesus christ keith. they are a better team than United at the moment though, nqat.

we could use Yaya and Silva right now. the rest are no better than what we've got. name one player who you genuinely think is better than United's equivalent aside from those two? the difference in them as a team stems almost entirely through the confidence they've got from the goals they've been scoring at home. their away record is bobbins ffs.

Unread 11-12-2013, 02:43 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
are they f***. jesus christ keith. they are a better team than United at the moment though, nqat.

we could use Yaya and Silva right now. the rest are no better than what we've got. name one player who you genuinely think is better than United's equivalent aside from those two? the difference in them as a team stems almost entirely through the confidence they've got from the goals they've been scoring at home. their away record is bobbins ffs.
Vincent Kompany

Unread 11-12-2013, 02:45 PM
andyroo

Quote:

The difference in quality between our and their squad is currently the widest that its ever been imv
. An awful position to be in - but one we'll have to get used to given United's ineptitude and our ownership structure.
It has been wider, sadly only the other way round.

Unread 11-12-2013, 02:47 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
are they £#%&!. jesus christ keith. they are a better team than United at the moment though, nqat.

Unread 11-12-2013, 02:51 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Vincent Kompany
I don't agree, but even if that's true look at who he plays alongside ffs

Who else? The point is that MNIK is claiming that they are streets ahead of us in every department. in reality, they are simply playing better as a team and so are playing with a lot more confidence.

Unread 11-12-2013, 02:52 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

Unread 11-12-2013, 02:57 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
I don't agree, but even if that's true look at who he plays alongside ffs

Who else? The point is that MNIK is claiming that they are streets ahead of us in every department. in reality, they are simply playing better as a team and so are playing with a lot more confidence.
What is there not to agree with? 3 years ago you'd have Rio and Vidic ahead of Kompany now but both of them seem to be seriously on slide, Rio especially so.

If you were putting together a combined United/City team then Kompany, De Gea and Toure would be the 3 quickest pics you'd make with no discussion needed.

Unread 11-12-2013, 03:15 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
What is there not to agree with? 3 years ago you'd have Rio and Vidic ahead of Kompany now but both of them seem to be seriously on slide, Rio especially so.

If you were putting together a combined United/City team then Kompany, De Gea and Toure would be the 3 quickest pics you'd make with no discussion needed.
i just don't rate kompany anything like as highly as most do. maybe i just focus too much on his mistakes? he's ahead of ferdinand and vidic this season so far, but then ferdinand was incredible last season - and playing at a higher level consistently than kompany did.

right now you may say that kompany is the best central defender between the two squads, but that isn't to say that either squad is especially blessed in that area on current form. i'd have probably lovren, jagielka, distin, vertonghen... and maybe the likes of Dawson and Shawcross ahead of any of them this season in the PL

Unread 11-12-2013, 03:19 PM
saffers

Kompany is overhyped, id take him over rio but thats more to do with him being 35 and over the hill.

Rio at his peak was on another planet compared to Kompany today.

Unread 11-12-2013, 03:23 PM
Mr Castro

There two ways of putting it. City players you'd take straight up, and city players who you'd replace United players with. Lot more from group 1 than 2.
Closed Thread