United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-03-2017, 10:34 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
I mostly got furious at Basti for taking 4 touches when one would do & then pointing like a teutonic Darren Fletcher.

Shaw's stock is low, in his two seasons he's had maybe 6 good games? That being the start of last season pre-leg break, before he was slaughtered & after he's been a shadow of that kid that rampaged up & down the line (for 6 games). It seems inconceivable to me that a top manager wouldn't be able to coax a performance out of him, but then Mourinho (& Van Gaal for a long period before) have a lot, lot more to do than nudge along a kid that should be busting his %@#$&!s to improve. He has an incredible opportunity, doesn't appear to be taking it.
Disagree. Based on performance level most were big fans of his before the injury. Chelsea away in spring '15 he was excellent. Bit of re-writing history there imo. No idea why we can't entertain the notion that the manager simply doesn't fancy him.

Unread 31-03-2017, 10:34 AM
Buck

Look at how much Danny Rose has improved in the last two years. Actually bewildering how he's now probably the best left back in the country.

Shaw is way ahead of Rose at this age. The latter was being sent to the Championship on loan. Shaw has been in the team of the year and gone to a World Cup.

The broken leg has curtailed his progress and mentally he may still need time to get back to normal on the pitch. For that though, he needs to be trusted to play which can be the first way to clear doubts. A sterile training environment doesn't help anymore when he's been available to play for months.

I know it's a cut-throat business but this will be a big mistake if he's binned. He was supposed to be a long term signing anyway.

Unread 31-03-2017, 10:35 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
what, on a football forum? Every match goer I know more or less agrees with the consensus that he has obvious talent and could be superb but somewhere between his initial (ongoing....?) fitness issues, the leg break and whatever attitude and lifestyle issues there may be, there's obviously a good reason that he's not being considered regularly other than, er, Jose just doesn't like him
So as I said, the fitness issue. I think there is more to it. Partly because Mourinho has specifically said there's more to it.

You can't honestly have interpreted me as thinking he doesn't like him as a person, surely?

Unread 31-03-2017, 10:42 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
So as I said, the fitness issue. I think there is more to it. Partly because Mourinho has specifically said there's more to it.
Well, yes, there probably is more to it than a single overriding factor of fitness. Attitude for one? Who knows. Certainly no one on here.

You've stated jose doesn't like him because he's 'attacking', thereby implying mourinho is a defensive manager and isn't suited to the 'united way' (unlike LVG presumably.....?)

Unread 31-03-2017, 10:46 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Well, yes, there probably is more to it than a single overriding factor of fitness. Attitude for one? Who knows. Certainly no one on here.

You've stated jose doesn't like him because he's 'attacking', thereby implying mourinho is a defensive manager and isn't suited to the 'united way' (unlike LVG presumably.....?)
Threw that in there for a bit of wum potential tbf. Thought that was obvious. It is based on some truth mind and behind all the conjecture, Shaw was dropped after a position error against Watford. Not after a kebab or a mental breakdown. After a mistake on the pitch.

Just can't see a player taking the piss and Mou coming out and praising their application.

Unread 31-03-2017, 10:46 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Disagree. Based on performance level most were big fans of his before the injury. Chelsea away in spring '15 he was excellent. Bit of re-writing history there imo. No idea why we can't entertain the notion that the manager simply doesn't fancy him.
you seem to be the only one not 'entertaining' that notion

if he trains better he will get picked. and if performs better and does his job he will get a run. simple.

Unread 31-03-2017, 10:50 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Threw that in there for a bit of wum potential tbf. Thought that was obvious. It is based on some truth mind and behind all the conjecture, Shaw was dropped after a position error against Watford. Not after a kebab or a mental breakdown. After a mistake on the pitch.

Just can't see a player taking the piss and Mou coming out and praising their application.
Well, yeah exactly. Not sure what else he'd base it on other than his performance in training and on the pitch that includes the fitness and lifestyle and attitude factors obvs....

At the end of the day it's all speculation as unless any of us know Shaw or Jose personally we're not going to be enlightened any time soon. If you're asking me if I think it's more likely Jose has a grudge for some relatively obscure reason, or Shaw has some kind of physiological or psychological issue, I'd be going with the latter.

Unread 31-03-2017, 10:50 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Anyone who can't see this head is a dick ain't looking. Signs for utd and moves up all his crew to keep him company, he's about as professional as a stoodent with 3 credit cards and a slate with his dealer.

Unread 31-03-2017, 10:53 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Signs for utd and moves up all his crew to keep him company, he's about as professional as a stoodent with 3 credit cards and a slate with his dealer.
Or, he moved his family up and 2 of his best mates because he didn't know anyone up here. I know a couple of guys who worked on/in his house, after he moved in, and said he was nothing but a very lovely polite guy and that's how he's come across in interviews etc. That doesn't mean he's not partying every night but I'm not sure that having a couple of pals move in for company is necessarily a sure fire path to a hedonistic lifestyle, which seems to be what you're suggesting.

oh and er

Quote:
Anyone who can't see this head is a dick ain't looking
U wot m8?

Unread 31-03-2017, 10:54 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

when i said kebab i meant front bottom

Unread 31-03-2017, 10:57 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
At the end of the day it's all speculation as unless any of us know Shaw or Jose personally we're not going to be enlightened any time soon. If you're asking me if I think it's more likely Jose has a grudge for some relatively obscure reason, or Shaw has some kind of physiological or psychological issue, I'd be going with the latter.
Yes, basically we don't know. As I said at the start of the discussion

Imagine if I'd accused Mou of holding a grudge against the lad

Unread 31-03-2017, 10:59 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Yes, basically we don't know. As I said at the start of the discussion

Imagine if I'd accused Mou of holding a grudge against the lad

Pretty sure it was insinuated.....

Unread 31-03-2017, 11:00 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Or, he moved his family up and 2 of his best mates because he didn't know anyone up here. I know a couple of guys who worked on/in his house, after he moved in, and said he was nothing but a very lovely polite guy and that's how he's come across in interviews etc. That doesn't mean he's not partying every night but I'm not sure that having a couple of pals move in for company is necessarily a sure fire path to a hedonistic lifestyle, which seems to be what you're suggesting.
Good post, pal. Teenage lad moves to the other end of the country and dares to bring some friends and fam.

Reminds me of when Basti was slaughtered for spending time with his wife.

Unread 31-03-2017, 11:02 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

the utter monster. Not like she's attractive or anything either.

Unread 31-03-2017, 11:16 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
the utter monster. Not like she's attractive or anything either.
Nope, wouldn't have mattered to most apparently.

They'd be holding their pot noodle over their strapped up thigh injury, streaming the last set on their phone because the Trafford Centre Premier Inn doesn't carry Eurosport. It's what a true professional would have done.

Unread 31-03-2017, 11:48 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Good post, pal. Teenage lad moves to the other end of the country and dares to bring some friends and fam.

Says it all - cosseted little ponce needs his 'entourage' to keep him happy or young tough minded pro comes and gets his head down and plays the game.

The leg break must have been a @#%&!, but he was hardly preparing himself for the mental challenges of top level pro sport was he? As I said, fergal would have handled him better.

Unread 31-03-2017, 12:04 PM
silv

Quote:
Says it all - cosseted little ponce needs his 'entourage' to keep him happy or young tough minded pro comes and gets his head down and plays the game.

The leg break must have been a @#%&!, but he was hardly preparing himself for the mental challenges of top level pro sport was he? As I said, fergal would have handled him better.
and this - gentlemen - is the level of support young reds can expect now

Unread 31-03-2017, 12:08 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
ie - his family

Unread 31-03-2017, 12:10 PM
andyroo

The Sheezy Fam

Unread 31-03-2017, 12:12 PM
Tumescent Throb

season 1 - 15 league starts
season 2 - 5
season 3 - 7 so far

season 1 - 3 cup starts
season 2 - 3
season 3 - 7 so far