Closed Thread

Unread 05-10-2014, 08:34 PM
carlosartorial

"connuseurs"

Unread 05-10-2014, 08:35 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkG
Here's the match review. Surprised to say it but they missed Rooney today.

Plus the second half again was very tense. Good thing is LVG knows the problem and always speaks openly about it in press conferences, which is refreshing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeSd...0Bf z78hlG_iS
Pros...got rid of the England mug

Cons....still a @#%&!

Unread 05-10-2014, 08:39 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
£#%&!ing hell

Unread 05-10-2014, 08:44 PM
MarkG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bigb*****
Fellaini did make a difference tbf

Thing is he could be the next Keane and I'd still want him out. Reminds me so much of the Moyes era and I really don't want to be reminded of that year.

Unread 05-10-2014, 09:01 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Thing is he could be the next Keane and I'd still want him out. Reminds me so much of the Moyes era and I really don't want to be reminded of that year.
Shut up breathing

Unread 06-10-2014, 01:22 AM
S/Side.Red

Great to see Falcao getting off the mark but I'm not sure you can argue that the front three were what was good about United today. The static nature of that frontline and the way their lack of legs becomes more problematic in the latter stages is still a concern.

The push for Wilson was brave and good to see. Perhaps an indication of the urgent need to add another more dynamic option.

Unread 06-10-2014, 01:29 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Great to see Falcao getting off the mark but I'm not sure you can argue that the front three were what was good about United today. The static nature of that frontline and the way their lack of legs becomes more problematic in the latter stages is still a concern.

The push for Wilson was brave and good to see. Perhaps an indication of the urgent need to add another more dynamic option.
Falcao is the striker we should be concentrating on

Again RVP did little today. Falcao may have missed a few chances today but he gets himself into the danger zones. I think now he has his first goal we should make him the focal point of the attack. If that means dropping other players in favour of ones who compliment him then so be it. Rooney, Falcao and Di Maria is one I'd like to see with carrick, blind and Valencia behind them.

Unread 06-10-2014, 01:31 AM
Whalefish

I've said elsewhere, and I don't know how it'd work since I'm not 100% sure what sort of player he is, but LVG has supposedly advised Depay to stay put for another season. Wouldn't be shocked if he moved him in the Summer; supposed to be quick and I think he's doing well again this season.

I know Rooney has his haters, and I do like Mata, but in that role behind the striker for me Rooney still adds more. I wouldn't be surprised to see Mata go on a deal for a midfielder, or to allow funds to be made available for another midfielder.

Unread 06-10-2014, 01:32 AM
Whalefish

Falcao's movement is £#%&!ing brilliant btw.

Unread 06-10-2014, 01:34 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Knew he'd get a goal today

His work rate, movement and attitude meant it was bound to happen.

Unread 06-10-2014, 02:09 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Absolutely. Strange to see a sage like Siders* not recognizing this. Anyway the way Falcao interchanged with Di Maria a couple of times had Everton completely.

*Or it would have been strange, in the days before Luiz-gate.

Unread 06-10-2014, 03:25 AM
S/Side.Red

Of course Falcao has great movement. Mata also has excellent composure and van Persie has outstanding technique.

The point, in the context of this thread really, was that they didn't have a great game as a trio. RvP was pretty woeful in general, Falcao struggled if we're honest before the goal and Mata after a great pick-out for the first drifted out of the game for large spells.

The concern in particular is the struggles in second halves. Watching Blind, Fellaini, Falcao, RvP, Mata etc all try but struggle to press the ball was a worry. That plus the almost non-existent threat on the break means late onslaughts like Everton's are more likely.

Quote:
I know Rooney has his haters, and I do like Mata, but in that role behind the striker for me Rooney still adds more. I wouldn't be surprised to see Mata go on a deal for a midfielder, or to allow funds to be made available for another midfielder.
Yeah, Rooney will be more involved in the game. Be that as a no10 compared to Mata or a striker compared to RvP and Falcao. He's perhaps not quite as a quick as he was, but I think LvG will still see Rooney as United's most dynamic forward player and that probably makes him a first choice for this season at least.

Unread 06-10-2014, 07:35 AM
Whip Hubley

Personally I'd like to see ADM behind Rooney and a pacey, lanky striker who can work the channels and put in a shift.

Oh.....

Unread 06-10-2014, 07:28 PM
MarkG

Wow! Some actual football discussion.

Yes, on current form RVP has had enough games now to play his way in to form and he hasn't. Yesterday he was holding on to the ball too long when there were viable options to get the ball moving quicker.

As stated by some above, Falcao is a real asset and Di Maria is the most creative player I've seen in a while at United. The ideal would be to push Di Maria forward behind Rooney and Falcao then bring in a Vidal or Strootman.

Unread 06-10-2014, 07:39 PM
Zorg

Quote:

Unread 06-10-2014, 07:40 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

Yes, on current form RVP has had enough games now to play his way in to form and he hasn't. Yesterday he was holding on to the ball too long when there were viable options to get the ball moving quicker.

As stated by some above, Falcao is a real asset and Di Maria is the most creative player I've seen in a while at United. The ideal would be to push Di Maria forward behind Rooney and Falcao then bring in a Vidal or Strootman.
Falcao reminds me of tevez with his physicality and workrate. Once he gets 100% fit we can expect really big things from him.

Unread 06-10-2014, 07:51 PM
MarkG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Never thought I'd say this but Kerry Katona actually looks worthy in that clip.

Five pints of carling plus worthy but worthy all the same.

Unread 06-10-2014, 07:55 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

As stated by some above, Falcao is a real asset and Di Maria is the most creative player I've seen in a while at United.The ideal would be to push Di Maria forward behind Rooney and Falcao then bring in a Vidal or Strootman.
Didn't you say RvP should be captain, pal? Now you're already leaving him out?

Unread 06-10-2014, 08:51 PM
ChairmanMao

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Didn't you say RvP should be captain, pal? Now you're already leaving him out?
Leaving him out after claiming in that video that he won the title "single handedly" in 2013 no less.

This is Mark

sorry for the caption but it's the only version of it I could find.

Unread 06-10-2014, 09:19 PM
MarkG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChairmanMao
Leaving him out after claiming in that video that he won the title "single handedly" in 2013 no less.

This is Mark

http://youtu.be/rh0ray9JnS0

sorry for the caption but it's the only version of it I could find.

Sorry, been staring at the Kerry Katona clip from two posts ago for the last hour. She's growing on me.

Yes, back to RVP, he is a world class forward but something's really amiss at the moment. I can't believe how ineffectual he's become. I'll say it when I get it wrong and right now I think he needs taking out the firing line for a couple of games so he can get his head focussed and hunger back.

Then again, he'll probably come back from the international break on fire now.

Or injured.
Closed Thread