United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-12-2014, 01:56 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
It's all about making City's name stand out as one of the best in the world. I've mentioned before, the United academy in Abu Dhabi closed recently while every kid in the street is wearing a City top and going to theirs (very impressive also).

Don't kid yourselves in to thinking that the owners are there for a laugh. They plan to make the UAE the biggest tourist destination in the world by 2030 and it will be there is nqat. By that time City will also be one of the most dominant forces in European football funded by the rise of the UAE.
City won't be progressing significantly beyond where they are now until they start generating real revenue of their own. FFP has a lot more sting to it than all of us reckoned a few years ago, and the loopholes have turned out to be not so easy to exploit (they got Lampard that way, but it won't work for young talent). It hurt them badly this summer - they admitted they couldn't make a move for Di Maria - and that was with saving 30-odd million in wages on Tevez.

Unread 10-12-2014, 10:28 AM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

They've got some talent coming through and "City Plc" the brand will make them money, far more than the team and match day revenue. They are turning it round.

That sporting facility they have just opened is breathtaking. It is as good as it gets in the world .

We should hopefully be forced to match or surpass it.

As an FYI

Something like 80% of money spent and workforce used, came from the area. Loads of apprentices and previously unemployed folk. Really good example of being a local club.

Even spent 3 million in a municipal swimming facility for East manchester kids.

We pay some leaches debt off and they invest in youth and the area.... Boils my piss.

Unread 10-12-2014, 10:30 AM
teflon_terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotaFredsBigShoe
They've got some talent coming through and "City Plc" the brand will make them money, far more than the team and match day revenue. They are turning it round.

That sporting facility they have just opened is breathtaking. It is as good as it gets in the world .

As an FYI

Something like 80% of money spent and workforce used, came from the area. Loads of apprentices and previously unemployed folk. Really good example of being a local club.

We pay some leaches debt off and they invest in youth and the area.... Boils my piss.
Guess that answers the question as to whether you are a scouser or a blue.

Unread 10-12-2014, 10:31 AM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by teflon_terry

Ohh you got me. Dare you to give a reasoned response to our rivals investing in the area and us paying American interest payments.

You non stick clown.

Unread 10-12-2014, 10:31 AM
Crumps

Quote:

As an FYI

Doing yourself no favours there, pal.

I agree with what you said on the whole but could have done it in 3 sentences with a couple of digs in there too.

Unread 10-12-2014, 10:32 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by teflon_terry
Bang on though

Unread 10-12-2014, 10:37 AM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Doing yourself no favours there, pal.

I agree with what you said on the whole but could have done it in 3 sentences with a couple of digs in there too.

No favours? To a clique who call me a blue despite this being the worst WUM of all time if I were?

I'm a proud manc and salfordian and can't stand the way we are paying interest off and not investing in the area. City are doing it right NQAT hence our players sending their kids to city's academy's (the blue @#%&!s).

Insult away fredsters it's only yourselves you're fooling.

Unread 10-12-2014, 10:46 AM
dunk

Quote:

As an FYI

Very difficult to disagree with any of that. I hate the @#%&!s but they are determined to be the most visible and the choice for the next 3-4 generations of football fans and eclipse United by spending money and being active in the local area, which is tough to criticise, especially as United should've been doing similar for the last 20 years.

Fortunately, only utter £#%&!ing #@&%!s seem to fall for their sickly sweet schtick so they will remain utter @#%&!s to a man.

Unread 10-12-2014, 10:57 AM
Nani

Quote:

As an FYI

Completely agree with all of this and it boils my piss too, however......

Let's not forget where the money has come from, might be great for Manchester but it's not great for the poor bastards, practically slaves, in Abu Dhabi - http://www.theguardian.com/football/...ts-accusations

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/slave...-0000412-v21n8

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...ons-shame-west

You can find flaws in most types of finance, big business, government from a moral perspective, but the likes of Abu Dhabi and Qatar are something else.

That said, all of this really does put United to shame.

Unread 10-12-2014, 11:03 AM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

Oh yes, this slick charm offensive, western looking , well spoken etc hide done UAE horrors.

If they had got manchester the Grand Prix id have forgiven them though

Unread 10-12-2014, 11:21 AM
believe

Unread 10-12-2014, 12:17 PM
wiganste

Any of these @#%&!s been sliced open in Rome yet? It's the only reason I opened this thread. Let's hope it's as good as that video from Madrid

Unread 10-12-2014, 12:43 PM
Alan

Thumbs down

Ah yes, those charming philanthropists who just love creating jobs for mancs. That's definitely what it's about, it's not self interest at all.

Let's all conveniently ignore that they've done it because FFP has stopped them buying mercenaries for fun and as nani says, nobody question where the money has been stolen from.

Government ministers at the opening and SSN ramming the propaganda down our throats

Get £#%&!ed.

Unread 10-12-2014, 12:55 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Any of these @#%&!s been sliced open in Rome yet? It's the only reason I opened this thread. Let's hope it's as good as that video from Madrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
Ah yes, those charming philanthropists who just love creating jobs for mancs. That's definitely what it's about, it's not self interest at all.

Let's all conveniently ignore that they've done it because FFP has stopped them buying mercenaries for fun and as nani says, nobody question where the money has been stolen from.

Government ministers at the opening and SSN ramming the propaganda down our throats

Get £#%&!ed.
Yep this all over. While it's easy to say we should be doing it, they're only doing it as a PR exercise for their repugnant regime. It's a £#%&!ing scandal.

Unread 10-12-2014, 12:57 PM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

Quote:

Get £#%&!ed.

Of course it's self interest.

That's capitalism for you.

Just worked it out?

Unread 10-12-2014, 12:58 PM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo

Yep this all over. While it's easy to say we should be doing it, they're only doing it as a PR exercise for their repugnant regime. It's a £#%&!ing scandal.

Seen the cia disclosure? Second only to China for executions? Civil rights issues with police?

They are all corrupt, don't kid yourselves.

Unread 10-12-2014, 12:59 PM
andyroo

So yeah sod the academy. More importantly, any early reports of pastings in the Caput Mundi?

Unread 10-12-2014, 01:00 PM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

It's all business now. So I am happy if some of it goes to local people.

Don't our team get @#%&!d out on preseason a to some of these places?

We all live in big glass houses I'm afraid.

Unread 10-12-2014, 01:04 PM
Alan

Quote:
Of course it's self interest.

That's capitalism for you.

Just worked it out?
It's just a little bit tiresome seeing all the propaganda on SSN, and then seeing the same shit repeated on here by helmets like you.

Unread 10-12-2014, 01:08 PM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

Quote:
It's just a little bit tiresome seeing all the propaganda on SSN, and then seeing the same shit repeated on here by helmets like you.

Unnecessary insult.

I don't know where you are from Alan , but regardless of motive, my home town has just had 1 billion invested in sport and local facilities. It has created jobs and helped local communities. It is a big deal.

I have seen my own team cut spending and investment. Youth academy or ladies team for example and this saddens me. We are a rich club and would like to see the investment in local facilities (particularly Salford).

Shame I'm getting such stick really .
Closed Thread