United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-05-2008, 10:25 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
you delisional if you think we played well in either of those games and if you want us to perform like that on the biggets stage in european football.

the midfield that you state is the same one that arsenal played as if it wasnt there at old trafford.
what on your God's earth are you talking about?

you seriously think United didn't play well in either of those games?

that has to be the most ridiculous statement I've ever seen any of the myriad mongs on this forum post

Arsenal and Barcelona both played as well as they could possibly have hoped to against United, given that United are one of, if not THE best team in Europe.

and they both lost.

they lost because Owen Hargreaves and Paul Scholes produced moments of world class skill that neither Arsenal nor Barcelona played well enough to counter.

it's called a football match you weapon

some of the clowns on this forum are a £#%&!ing joke

Unread 20-05-2008, 10:37 PM
Vic Mackey

Quote:
im hoping we can put on a good perfomance tomorrow as well as winning.

all eyes will be on united tomorrow.
no playing like the away team and labelling it a good performance like against barca.

we need to play the united way, let ronaldo, tevez and rooney flourish and we win..

there are two players who wouldnt even be in the 18 tomorrow if i was picking it.
I would like to see Anderson play because of his pace and tenaciousness, but realistically it isn't going to happen.

I presume the two players you are talking about Park and Giggs? I think Scholes has done enough to warrant his place in the team.

Unread 20-05-2008, 11:14 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
what on your God's earth are you talking about?

you seriously think United didn't play well in either of those games?

that has to be the most ridiculous statement I've ever seen any of the myriad mongs on this forum post

Arsenal and Barcelona both played as well as they could possibly have hoped to against United, given that United are one of, if not THE best team in Europe.

and they both lost.

they lost because Owen Hargreaves and Paul Scholes produced moments of world class skill that neither Arsenal nor Barcelona played well enough to counter.

it's called a football match you weapon

some of the clowns on this forum are a £#%&!ing joke

you are simply clueless. you muct watch footballs matches looking at your remote control or your shoes if watching live.

i always look to be on the opposite side to you in a football debate.

we were lucky against barca. outplayed in the first leg and we had to "nick" a goal at home then defend the rest of the game against a team id say are inferior to us.. off course in your eyes we performed very well over both legs which backs up my point at the top of this post.

i dont blame you though. if i havent ever played the game and class it a science as opposed to a sport id be like you.

Unread 20-05-2008, 11:14 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Mackey
I would like to see Anderson play because of his pace and tenaciousness, but realistically it isn't going to happen.

I presume the two players you are talking about Park and Giggs? I think Scholes has done enough to warrant his place in the team.
park and saha.

Unread 20-05-2008, 11:27 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
my friends dad has seen united more times than you and anyone in your family combined yet he embarasses himself all the time when discussing football.

watching football and understanding football are very different things. you for instance are living proof.you have seen united play alot more than me but you can look at our performance away against barcelona and call it a good performance.

did you play football at school , do you even enjoy a kickabout now? didnt think so.
here's a tip:

never use the word embarrass in print until you've learnt to spell it

Unread 20-05-2008, 11:27 PM
S/Side.Red

Marlo, this is getting beyond a joke now. You associate every result and performance, whether good or bad, with whether or not Anderson was on the pitch at the time. It seems to me that you're only happy when he plays, regardless of how successful the team is in his absence.

As Dunk said, you really do need to get off his dick.

Unread 21-05-2008, 08:18 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
VDS
Wes
Rio
Vidic
Senegalese Superman
Carrick
Scholes
The Cougar
Ronnie
Tevez
Rooney
So me and the brains trust that are my mates came to the conclusion that this is the ONLY team we should pick today.

Unread 21-05-2008, 09:39 AM
dunk

Quote:
So me and the brains trust that are my mates came to the conclusion that this is the ONLY team we should pick today.
Yes, the line-up I have been expecting and waiting to see all season. !st team as far as I am concerned, strongest XI and all that.

Hasn't happened thus far, don't expect it to this evening tbh.

Unread 21-05-2008, 10:18 AM
antonin jablonsky

vio can't even support United anymore, he just has a full on mancrush on Anderson.

Unread 21-05-2008, 10:32 AM
dunk

Quote:
vio can't even support United anymore, he just has a full on mancrush on Anderson.
Did you not know that Anderson's 37 appearance in all competitions this season, 0 assists and 0 goals are the soul reason we are where we are?

Unread 21-05-2008, 10:34 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Did you not know that Anderson's 37 appearance in all competitions this season, 0 assists and 0 goals are the soul reason we are where we are?

Unread 21-05-2008, 11:02 AM
keano's love

park to start and tevez on the bench. we can't risk playing tevez and him missing chances in such a big match.
(joking)

Unread 21-05-2008, 11:03 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by keano's love
park to start and tevez on the bench. we can't risk playing tevez and him missing chances in such a big match.
(joking)
True, particularly with Park being such a great finisher.

Unread 21-05-2008, 01:06 PM
Sloppy

Malouda starts instead of Kalou.

Unread 21-05-2008, 01:16 PM
Baron

Quote:
I'm in full agreement... what the £#%&! Marlo's banging on about with Arsenal & Barca playing us off the park I'm not sure. We weren't tight enough to them...? We didn't play to our own strengths in those games by retaining the ball & giving it to Carrick & Scholes enough, we let Scholes get isolated by going long from the back. The centre backs tonight should have a 10 yard limit on their passing - namely straight to the central midfielders, every time.

Besides, Chelsea aren't capable of retaining the ball in the same manner either of those sides do, they'll look for Lampard to run straight down the centre & feed off of the scraps from Drogba. £#%&! me, if we can't deal with that revolutionary tactic what do we expect?

Harrass them up top with Rooney & Tevez, The Cougar in the centre, Carrick intercepting & Scholes shouldn't need more than 2 touches tonight to make his impact (as in touch then pass, not he'll score after one touch... ).

Ronnie.... bit of an enigma here... he usually pins Cole back in the left back area but I have a feeling we should get him running across their back 4 to remove Makelele & see if Rooney or Tevez can capitilize... whether he's unselfish enough to make this happen without shooting from 25 yards every time I'm unsure.

Unread 27-01-2009, 09:56 AM
waynes ear's

just cos we are
Closed Thread