When they break they don't display a time
prove it

Unread 07-04-2011, 12:40 AM
Serenity Now

Default Re: Carrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
When they break they don't display a time
What if it was an analog clock with a 24-hour dial and mechanism?

Unread 07-04-2011, 12:44 AM
Fountz

Reasonable performance from Carrick tonight.. certainly not brilliant, but reasonable..

..he must've been our 4th or 5th best player.

Unread 07-04-2011, 12:47 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
What if it was an analog clock with a 24-hour dial and mechanism?
:£#%&!er:

Unread 07-04-2011, 12:48 AM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
:£#%&!er:

Unread 07-04-2011, 01:02 AM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
Reasonable performance from Carrick tonight.. certainly not brilliant, but reasonable..

Bottom line: One thousand eight hundred and fifty years ago this month the great Marcus Aurelius Antoninus became Emperor of mighty Rome; tonight, we finally found a worthy successor. Recognise it or not, it's a fact. Ave Imperator!

Unread 07-04-2011, 01:11 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

Unread 07-04-2011, 01:14 AM
Fountz

Quote:
Bottom line: One thousand eight hundred and fifty years ago this month the great Marcus Aurelius Antoninus became Emperor of mighty Rome; tonight, we finally found a worthy successor. Recognise it or not, it's a fact. Ave Imperator!

Unread 07-04-2011, 02:13 AM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
the one where you think it was a surprise that ferguson named a midfield of valnecia, carrick, giggs and park

keep up ffs
That wasn't an opinion. The issue of people being surprised with the selection of Giggs and Carrick was a fact, not an opinion. As can be seen by my post where I said I was surprised by the selection of Giggs and Carrick in midfield.

I thought the 'opinion' was whether I thought our midfield needs strengthening or not, and my opinion is that it does, regardless of how well Giggs and Carrick played today. You seem to have consistently avoided giving your opinion on the subject though, even when asked about it directly.

Unread 07-04-2011, 05:40 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz

see now that's typical (of here, not of you fountz - i'd expect better tbh). when somebody doesn't rate a player it's like it becomes a point of pride to be proven right about them. any average performance, even if there are worse players on the pitch, is condemned; any good performance is brushed over, not acknowledged.

a blind man could see carrick was tremendous tonight and key to our game. so were others, of course, but if you can't give him fair credit for what he produced tonight then it's clear you've just got a personal dislike for the man. hard to take your criticism of him seriously in that situation tbh.

Unread 07-04-2011, 06:26 AM
borsuk

we all know fergie loves to play park in these games, and rightly so, but the question is how to accommodate him. it's usually been berbatov who makes way and we have a 4-3-3 or 4-5-1. here fergie wanted pea and rooney dropping off so somebody else had to miss out. i don't think anybody would have predicted that it would be nani but it was a fantastic decision.

giggs was a surprising choice but with anderson still not fit it was him or scholes really and i don't know how scholes' fitness is.

Unread 07-04-2011, 08:24 AM
Tronics

That's why SAF is SAF and I'm a clueless mug

Carrick yesterday night was imperious throughout!!!

Some of his tracking back, tackling and passing was really good, harkened back to the good ol' days in 2008

He looked calm throughout and with Giggs along side him they always gave us a calm out ball when we were under pressure

I hope to God he continues likes this from bow till the end of the season!!

Unread 07-04-2011, 08:36 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Credit where credit due, showed the player he is easily capable of being given his undoubted abilities and physical presence. I don't hold it as an article of faith that he's not up to it and am always delighted when a player proves us wrong and comes through.

This man blasphemeth....

Unread 07-04-2011, 09:26 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
I think something's changed in his mental attitude tbh.

I noticed today when Evra was down getting treatment and there was a break in play, Carrick turned around screaming at his teammates, clapping his hands and rallying the troops. I don't think I've ever seen him do that.

Maybe now he's starting to realise that he's one of the senior players and needs to be a leader in the side. Against Bolton he was good, against West Ham he was even better, and tonight he was excellent. I hope it continues as he's such a better player when he shows some guts and drive.
He's a very good player always has been but I think a certain game made him realise his limitations and it seemed to £#%&! him for a long while, started playing horribly safe and within himself. If he gets his belief back in himself (performance like last night and other recent ones could go a long way in restoring it too) hopefully he can just pick up where he left off pre Rome.

Unread 07-04-2011, 09:27 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
He's a very good player always has been but I think a certain game made him realise his limitations and it seemed to £#%&! him for a long while, started playing horribly safe and within himself. If he gets his belief back in himself (performance like last night and other recent ones could go a long way in restoring it too) hopefully he can just pick up where he left off pre Rome.
and then get utterly destroyed again against barca in the final

Unread 07-04-2011, 09:29 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
and then get utterly destroyed again against barca in the final

Standing there slack jawed as he is triangled in to a coma.

Nah, we'll beat Barca.

Unread 07-04-2011, 09:30 AM
PaulParkers

Let's beat Chelsea and Shalke first eh

Unread 07-04-2011, 01:33 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Thumbs up Re: Carrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
see now that's typical (of here, not of you fountz - i'd expect better tbh). when somebody doesn't rate a player it's like it becomes a point of pride to be proven right about them. any average performance, even if there are worse players on the pitch, is condemned; any good performance is brushed over, not acknowledged.

a blind man could see carrick was tremendous tonight and key to our game. so were others, of course, but if you can't give him fair credit for what he produced tonight then it's clear you've just got a personal dislike for the man. hard to take your criticism of him seriously in that situation tbh.
yep
Closed Thread