United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-07-2008, 12:55 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Blimey.

Arsenal wont slip out of the top 4, simply because they win a lot of their games, dropping points here & there they might do due to a small squad but they wont be out of the top 4.

Chelsea wont struggle because they have an obscene squad. Every player is replacable with another full international, not just a fringe international either, they could conceivably replace their full starting XI with another equally experienced XI & still finish in the top 4. & they wont have an Uncle Fester look a like mother £#%&!er with the track record of Alan Curbishly to lead them. They'll have a World Cup winner.

United will need the likes of Anderson, Nani, Tevez, Rooney to come on again this year to try & emulate Ronaldo's progression from enormously talented to genuine article. 42 goals... if he goes, which I'm fairly certain he wont, we'll need the rest of them to take the load. Even if Ronnie stays, he's out for the first couple of months, or 6 weeks - I don't exactly know, but it's a hinderance already.

It'll be as close as last season in my opinion. At least between ourselves & Chelsea, Arsenal & Liverpool are still short of class in the squad, & brains in as much as the Vermin need to learn to attack as a team rather than two players & Arsenal need to learn how to shoot rather than pass 5-10 yards. United's balance is the deciding factor, we're a team capable of all aspects of the game, be it exceptional defending, possesion football, pass & move, counter attack... & another year on & hopefully the addition of Berbatov we could push on again. But Ronnie is quite the key, so many people will be looking to cover him the space for the rest should leave gaps. I only hope he progresses again to appreciate the space he'll create for them.
When I said Chelsea may struggle a bit this season, I meant I don't think they'll have the same consistency. Scolari is a very good manager, but he has never managed a club side in Europe, and I think Fergie's recent quotes about Chelsea are spot on, in terms of their progression.

If we sign Berbatov we'll be even better than last season, we'll have that different option up front. Not only that, the players have more experience and are champions of Europe, they should thrive off this and look to show it again this season. I think our teams confidence will be sky high.

Unread 23-07-2008, 12:57 PM
Vic Mackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginlarde
hargo done well a few times on the right in europe, but thats not his position. he is too defensive minded to play there regulary.
do you even know the stats for last season? look at how many assists bentley got then come back and apologize.

do you actually watch other teams play? you might actually learn a bit about the game if you did.

To be fair, Hargo balances the fact that Ronnie now plays like a forward. In Moscow in the first-half, the balance of the side was excellent. We flogged Chelski and should have 3-0 up.

Regarding Bentley, he isnt shit, but is the sort of player to take you to the next level? Like many have said on here, would you really swap him for Nani?

If Payluchenko is signing for Spurs then I presume the Berbatov deal is nearly done?

Unread 23-07-2008, 03:09 PM
Whalefish

Back to an earlier post, if Spurs do sign a top draw ball winner (and Diarra is just that) I would be tempted to back them for a decent finish even if they sell Berbatov and Keane. It's what they've been crying out for the past few seasons.

Unread 23-07-2008, 03:27 PM
S/Side.Red

I thought Spurs were in for Milito. Would be a better bet than Pavlyuchenko at that price.

Unread 23-07-2008, 03:28 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I thought Spurs were in for Milito. Would be a better bet than Pavluychenko at that price.
I'd agree with that, he's a good solid centre forward. Available for around £10million too. Sure Ramos has seen enough of him to know he's experienced enough and has the quality to lead the line.

Unread 23-07-2008, 03:32 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I'd agree with that, he's a good solid centre forward. Available for around £10million too. Sure Ramos has seen enough of him to know he's experienced enough and has the quality to lead the line.
Im not really a fan of Milito tbh.

Unread 23-07-2008, 03:33 PM
Vic Mackey

Milito is a good finisher, but a bit slow.

Unread 23-07-2008, 03:36 PM
S/Side.Red

When you consider that they're also supposedly after Luis Garcia from Espanyol, Ramos would be taking a huge gamble if he flogs Berbatov and Keane and brings in Pavlyuchenko and Garcia/Milito. I can't see those players forming anywhere near as good a goalscoring partnership as they had last season. They're essentially losing one of the best strike combinations in the country and gambling on guys in their late 20's who have done little to suggest they could score goals consistently at the rate Spurs will need if they want to get into the Champions League. Milito would be the best bet, but even he has shown signs, when playing for Argentina, of not really being up to performing at the very highesr level.

Unread 23-07-2008, 03:39 PM
puressence

pav is about 23

Unread 23-07-2008, 03:40 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
pav is about 23
27 in December, although I must say I thought he was slightly older.

Unread 23-07-2008, 03:40 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
pav is about 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
27 in December, although I must say I thought he was slightly older.

Unread 23-07-2008, 03:45 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
pav is about 23
You basically know nothing about him do you.

Unread 23-07-2008, 03:51 PM
Vic Mackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
You basically know nothing about him do you.
He looks a decent player, tall and a good target man, but not really a top player.

Has looked a bit scrappy at times playing for Spartak and Russia.

Unread 23-07-2008, 03:53 PM
Whalefish

Vic, edit quickly. The lad Pure's on about plays for Spartak!

Unread 23-07-2008, 04:09 PM
Vic Mackey

Nice one Martin .

If Payluchenko is going for £15m, then Spurs are paying a steep price IMO.

Then again, if they are buying this many players, does that mean they will stick to their £30m valuation of Berbatov (which we'll probably pay )

Unread 26-08-2008, 07:50 PM
Thiago

Pavlyuchenko has just joined Spurs.

Bentley was done last month.

Arshavin on his way.

Unread 26-08-2008, 07:57 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thiago
Pavlyuchenko has just joined Spurs.

Bentley was done last month.

Arshavin on his way.