United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 24-10-2023, 11:27 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Marlo seems even angrier when we win than when we lose.

Proper weird.

Unread 24-10-2023, 11:38 PM
NedKelly

Quote:

Proper weird.

Neo done me the other week with this post;

https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showp...&postcount=543

I can’t help but picture it every time marlo posts now.

Unread 25-10-2023, 01:32 AM
Wade

He signed solely to become PR Man #2 after Rashford.

Carl Anka spoke here about why he got the 7 shirt. Said that Mount and his agent were very clear that it was a key component of the negotiations. They even wanted (and got) it in writing that he'd have the 7 shirt and retain it for the length of his contract.

He seriously thought he'd be the new DB7 but forgot about the talent part.

Unread 25-10-2023, 07:44 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade
He signed solely to become PR Man #2 after Rashford.

https://twitter.com/CFCAccountable/s...89531822866437

Carl Anka spoke here about why he got the 7 shirt. Said that Mount and his agent were very clear that it was a key component of the negotiations. They even wanted (and got) it in writing that he'd have the 7 shirt and retain it for the length of his contract.

He seriously thought he'd be the new DB7 but forgot about the talent part.
He’s not been given a chance yet wade my old fruit.

He shouldn’t played last night. Give Bruno a rest as he looks like he doesn’t give a £#%&!.

Unread 25-10-2023, 08:09 AM
shenwen

Bruno's drop off has been astounding.

I didn't understand why we signed Mount but understand even less why we signed him and keep him on the bench

Unread 25-10-2023, 09:18 AM
AK14

Quote:

Proper weird.

Unread 25-10-2023, 09:34 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

Proper weird.

Unread 25-10-2023, 11:41 AM
Ethers

Chelsea Fan Accountability ffs

What’s the big scoop here - that he has a PR company?

Wow, huge if true etc

Unread 25-10-2023, 02:14 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Chelsea Fan Accountability ffs

What’s the big scoop here - that he has a PR company?

Wow, huge if true etc

I wasted £#%&!ing 8 minutes of my life reading a thread about mount from June hiring a new PR company....

Jesus Christ...

Unread 25-10-2023, 02:57 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

I wasted £#%&!ing 8 minutes of my life reading a thread about mount from June hiring a new PR company....

Jesus Christ...
Could be worse . Could be the millionth post about marlo rambling on ETH signing weghourst despite many people on here explaining the circumstances that led to his loan countless times.

Unread 29-10-2023, 06:16 PM
marlo

60m with 1 year left on his deal at his boyhood club that didn’t think he was worth £250k a week.

Unread 29-10-2023, 06:18 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
He’s absolute shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikvanHaaksbergen
Good player. Systems player, very good engine, technical. Excelled under Tuchel. That said, would likely occupy same position as Bruno, so doesn’t make that much sense by way of link unless they plan him playing the Eriksen midfield role (which seems unlikely )
I was right.

Unread 29-10-2023, 06:23 PM
Lok

Other than Bebe and Owen, it's got to be the oddest transfer we've done in my lifetime.

We were well stocked in that area and desperate for forwards. It made so little sense yet it seemed to be our biggest priority. Baffling.

Unread 29-10-2023, 06:31 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Other than Bebe and Owen, it's got to be the oddest transfer we've done in my lifetime.

We were well stocked in that area and desperate for forwards. It made so little sense yet it seemed to be our biggest priority. Baffling.
I can only think he was promised Greenwood back. Otherwise can't understand it.

Unread 29-10-2023, 06:37 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
I can only think he was promised Greenwood back. Otherwise can't understand it.
It’s the only thing that makes any sense. We were probably all set until Rachel Riley got involved. Imagine that being a true statement

Unread 29-10-2023, 06:44 PM
red in cumbria

Our manager wanted Harry Kane, our owners probably just laughed when he suggested it.

Unread 29-10-2023, 06:45 PM
VanHaaksbergen

Opening day team suggests he really did want a Casemiro / Mount / Bruno midfield 3. That was the strategic vision. Casemiro has drastically slowed (Amrabat permanently in treacle); Mount + Bruno clearly can't play together and it needs to be one or the other. Strategy failed; funds wasted

Forward wise .. Antony has been a monumentally disastrous use of funds. Sancho has been utterly ostracised. Greenwood surely can't have been the salve ETH was looking for? A player who hadn't kicked a ball for 18 months.

Unread 29-10-2023, 07:01 PM
lenin

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHaaksbergen
Opening day team suggests he really did want a Casemiro / Mount / Bruno midfield 3. That was the strategic vision. Casemiro has drastically slowed (Amrabat permanently in treacle); Mount + Bruno clearly can't play together and it needs to be one or the other. Strategy failed; funds wasted

Forward wise .. Antony has been a monumentally disastrous use of funds. Sancho has been utterly ostracised. Greenwood surely can't have been the salve ETH was looking for? A player who hadn't kicked a ball for 18 months.
Are you suggesting he shouldn’t have been?

Unread 29-10-2023, 07:07 PM
Jethro

There is absolutely no concrete evidence he was a priority signing. Absolutely none.

Unread 29-10-2023, 07:43 PM
VanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenin
Are you suggesting he shouldn’t have been?
I think the manager & club should have been savvier about utilising or extracting value from a c. £70 million asset, yes. But, more to the point, we headed into the season with 4 forwards to contest the wide position (Antony, Sancho, Garnacho, Rashford). Do not therefore see the argument that ETH had the rug-pulled w/ Greenwood.