Arjen Robben with hair and acne
hahahhhahhahaha

Unread 09-03-2023, 11:50 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth

Pleased for Antoneh. Always tries to make things happen
Can’t not like the lad.

Contrary, in that he is apparently “predictable” with his cut in/far post move but is also unpredictable in his movement. Still don’t understand why they don’t interchange wings during a game.

Unread 09-03-2023, 11:58 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Can’t not like the lad.

Contrary, in that he is apparently “predictable” with his cut in/far post move but is also unpredictable in his movement. Still don’t understand why they don’t interchange wings during a game.
They did

Unread 10-03-2023, 12:03 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
They did
Finally been saying for months

Unread 10-03-2023, 05:45 AM
westcoastvan

He's got a good long range shot just outside the box area with that left foot of his, but....

I'd prefer Sancho on the right if I were to be honest.

Unread 10-03-2023, 06:05 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastvan
He's got a good long range shot just outside the box area with that left foot of his, but....

as would I tbh.

Unread 10-03-2023, 08:52 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Stop it.

Unread 10-03-2023, 08:57 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
How were his expected assists?
Zero again havent looked.

Mainly due to terrible decision making. Maybe he doesn't understand the offside rule either.

Unread 10-03-2023, 09:20 AM
Marvel7

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastvan

Are you basing this on Sancho's numerous match winning performances for us? He had a year where he was awful, has recently come back and put in a few ok cameo's, he has a total of 9 goals for us, Antony has 6 this season most in big games or pivotal goals in games like last night.

Something to consider with his crossing, there are numerous time he leads our attack, but he receives the ball from Bruno and Weighorst is 20 yards behind the play, who is he going to cross to?

Unread 10-03-2023, 09:27 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Except Robben actually took players on and could go past them with relative ease.

Other than that...yeah, Arjen Robben.

Unread 10-03-2023, 10:04 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel7

Something to consider with his crossing, there are numerous time he leads our attack, but he receives the ball from Bruno and Weighorst is 20 yards behind the play, who is he going to cross to?
There are way way more times in which he could cross it but doesn’t/can’t. You really do have to be blind not to see that.

He’s very good at what he can do well - cutting in on his left and curling a far post effort. Defenders must surely suss that fairly easily but he still manages it tbf. He’s very poor at certain parts of his game - I can’t see how that’s even debatable.

He swapped for part of last night onto the right and immediately landed two decent crosses. I’d like to see Erik have him do more of that.

Unread 10-03-2023, 11:06 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel7
Are you basing this on Sancho's numerous match winning performances for us? He had a year where he was awful, has recently come back and put in a few ok cameo's, he has a total of 9 goals for us, Antony has 6 this season most in big games or pivotal goals in games like last night.

Unread 10-03-2023, 11:09 AM
puressence

hammering a 22 year old brand new to the league .. utd fans that

Unread 10-03-2023, 11:12 AM
est.1878

Feel like we need a poll to snare people with and link in 3 years time....

Remember all the morons (abus but also reds) writing Ronnie off as a no end product show pony in his first season...

Unread 10-03-2023, 11:17 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Very few are actually hammering him.

Unread 10-03-2023, 11:20 AM
Ethers

He, and Bruno I think, put a couple of decent crosses in last night and nobody was anywhere near them, because we’re not a team set up to cross the ball on fast breaks. Might change with a different forward in the middle of course. But he’s clearly not being told to get the ball into the box as often as possible.

His decision making is iffy at times, the smart thing to do was square that chance he had. A lot of other players would have backed themselves to pull off the spectacular there as well though.

Unread 10-03-2023, 11:22 AM
Dr Stranger

I suppose it comes down to what you expect and are satisfied with for a first season.

His fee was massive. We overpaid. I think we all know that, but that doesn’t have any effect on what actually matters.

He’s 22 (23?). It’s his first season in a top league. Wingers are low percentage players as they’re always looking to make something happen.

All those factors mean we’ll see moments that don’t come off, miscommunication with forwards, questionable decisions and moments where he simply struggles - because it’s a damn hard league and he’s a kid.
What I want to see is talent, a resilience to keep trying things and output that justifies his inclusion - we’ve seen all of that.

I’d be more worried if you couldn’t see the ability and he shrunk, but he hasn’t. There’s areas for improvement, of course, but none that can’t be attributed to still learning the game and settling into the league.

When we talk about giving players time to settle in, this is it.

Unread 10-03-2023, 12:13 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
They set Their stall out early on Ant, now they won't back down, it's a disgusting trait in humans ...

Feeding into ABU media, quoting it, nodding a long too Lee Dixon as he slates him 15 minutes into a game, talksport on in their cars....

Easier to hold your hands up and say I was wrong, harsh, too quick to judge ...

There's lads trippling down on it now ...

Unread 10-03-2023, 12:15 PM
Ethers

“He’s got no end product…..”

“Erm, he’s not got the right end product, I don’t want my wingers cutting in and scoring match winning worldies on a regular basis….”

Unread 10-03-2023, 12:18 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
There are way way more times in which he could cross it but doesn’t/can’t. You really do have to be blind not to see that.

He’s very good at what he can do well - cutting in on his left and curling a far post effort. Defenders must surely suss that fairly easily but he still manages it

He swapped for part of last night onto the right and immediately landed two decent crosses
He can't cross but then swapped to the right and crossed twice for weghorst....

He can only cut in on his left but this has been sussed, Scores from a left cut in...

You ok ??