Nah, need to keep the faith 180 67.92%
Voters: 265. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 25-03-2015, 01:56 PM
Semantic Lisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I was being sarcastic tbf.

Mata has never played RW tbh. He played him in central midfield and the much vaunted number 10 role earlier in the season, and he was lost as the opposition wandered through the middle of the pitch with ease.
he certainly didn't play RW on sunday

not sure a number 10's role is to protect the midfield either. maybe that's the Rooney version of it you're thinking of?

Unread 25-03-2015, 02:00 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semantic Lisp
he certainly didn't play RW on sunday

not sure a number 10's role is to protect the midfield either. maybe that's the Rooney version of it you're thinking of?
It's not, but applying a little pressure and pressing and retaining the ball/being available to receive passes is too, all of which he struggled with, probably as a result of the people around him, but that was as much a part of the point of him not being suitable as anything else.

So he didn't play on the right on Sunday then?

Unread 25-03-2015, 02:08 PM
Neo

Football

Quote:
So he didn't play on the right on Sunday then?
He played as a Wide Inside Right. It's a completely different position to a Right Winger.

Unread 25-03-2015, 02:08 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
He played as a Wide Inside Right. It's a completely different position to a Right Winger.
Right, whatever. He played on the right.

Unread 25-03-2015, 02:29 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Right, whatever. He played on the right.
He played on the right
He played on the wide inside right
That boy Juan Mata
Makes Dunk talk some shite

Unread 25-03-2015, 02:30 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
He played on the right
That boy Juan Mata
Him playing on the right/inside right, whatever, proves what I was saying about him all along tbh.

Unread 25-03-2015, 02:31 PM
dragflick

Quote:
He played on the right
That boy Juan Mata
ffs

Unread 25-03-2015, 02:35 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
He played on the right
That boy Juan Mata

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

Bastard.

Unread 25-03-2015, 02:37 PM
utd99

If Mata is going to be playing inside right from now on, it will help us immensely to have a right back who overlaps on a consistant basis. We are getting overloads on the left, but not the right.

Unread 25-03-2015, 02:40 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
If Mata is going to be playing inside right from now on, it will help us immensely to have a right back who overlaps on a consistant basis. We are getting overloads on the left, but not the right.
Lopsided defences are nothing new, 2008 we had Wes at right back, Hardgreaves shuffled over & we used to overload down the left a fair bit.

Symmetry is overrated in football.

Unread 25-03-2015, 02:42 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Seems like Saffers isn't the only one who could do with Rafabz turning up to face the music and take some heat off
Looks like the Liverpool win has taken it's toll on Rafabz...

Stay strong big man... "when you walk through a storm..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I think you mean right wing fella.

Unread 25-03-2015, 02:53 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Lopsided defences are nothing new, 2008 we had Wes at right back, Hardgreaves shuffled over & we used to overload down the left a fair bit.

Symmetry is overrated in football.
Evra just bombing on whenever he fancied, Wes staying deeper to compensate

£#%&!ing loved Evra

Unread 25-03-2015, 02:56 PM
The Watcher

Bloody loved Wes. Recall him bizarrely charging up field to score the opener as we ruined the scouse at OT during the run in Did a pretty good impression of a right back when he put in that cross for Ronnie in Moscow too iirc.

Think he played the most minutes in 07/08, his only injury free season. What could have been

Unread 25-03-2015, 02:58 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Because he was duty bound to give Falcao and RvP a run in the team and couldn't drop Rooney, so had to find a place for him. It's really not difficult to understand. He painted himself into a corner by unbalancing the attack with the signing of Falcao (which most had their dicks out over ) and had to try and find a spot for them all. They've had enough rope to hang themselves and now he has chance to do what works. He's done the same with Mata, picking him and watching him be anonymous/a liability in his preferred position, taken him out, reinvented him and found a spot for him and the necessary players to support him. It's called good management
According to the original stories we weren't going to see Falcao until Christmas. RVP being shit may have necessitated rushing him in. Herrera not being a good boy gave Van Gaal a scapegoat to allow Rooney to move back. Van Persie being his favourite is a clear issue and we'll see what he does when the guy's fit again.

Unread 25-03-2015, 02:59 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Bloody loved Wes. Recall him bizarrely charging up field to score the opener as we ruined the scouse at OT during the run in Did a pretty good impression of a right back when he put in that cross for Ronnie in Moscow too iirc.

Think he played the most minutes in 07/08, his only injury free season. What could have been
£#%&!ing great player. Damn his dodgy knees

Unread 25-03-2015, 03:05 PM
jem

Quote:
I was being sarcastic tbf.
I did not get that.

I do not appreciate sarcasm.

Unread 25-03-2015, 03:08 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I did not get that.

I do not appreciate sarcasm.
Probably why I did it tbh.

Unread 25-03-2015, 04:12 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
we've only just started playing good football.

how about the period in which we were stinking up the place and he was leaving herrera and mata on the bench and playing rooney in midfield and di maria upfront?

i hope you haven't forgotten that.

when deployed properly you've seen the squad is not as 'shit' and it has been suggested when trying to justify van gals mis management of it.

mata and herrara are two of our best players and were left on the bench while adnan and rvp stunk up the place.
a cynic would say that its a injury to the teachers pet that has helped us start playing good football.
is that an apology thank you its been noted .........MATE

Unread 25-03-2015, 04:36 PM
saffers

Surprised lazlo is attacking baron considering he was even more negative about sunday than most of #the24

On the question of us making top 4:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
No.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
We will lose on Sunday though. I know this as pre-fact.
Where's the loyalty, laz?

Unread 25-03-2015, 04:39 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Surprised lazlo is attacking baron considering he was even more negative about sunday than most of #the24

On the question of us making top 4:

Where's the loyalty, laz?
Closed Thread