United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 01-08-2021, 07:36 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
I like the lad. I hope he can become the player I think he can (ie, a miles better option than both Fred and McTom)
I'd play two training cones in their place and be happy

Unread 01-08-2021, 07:50 PM
armchair

Clubs all over Europe sign players who don't become regular first-teamers immediately. They persevere with those players because they believe they signed them for good reason.

I am sick of this shit if someone doesn't immediately set the world on fire they should be immediately sold at a loss.

Unread 01-08-2021, 08:00 PM
Baron

Still need a defend mid who can pass it properly to release the Beek & Bruno - what’s the point in having Fred giving it away on the edge of the box & shitting out of every press?

Beek & Bruno sounds peak to me… just supplement with a regista of note that can dictate the tempo.

Unread 01-08-2021, 08:12 PM
tatty

Something was obviously amiss right from the off with the signing of VdB.

If OGS doesn't want him then he should be shipped out.

Unread 01-08-2021, 08:15 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Still need a defend mid who can pass it properly to release the Beek & Bruno - what’s the point in having Fred giving it away on the edge of the box & shitting out of every press?

Beek & Bruno sounds peak to me… just supplement with a regista of note that can dictate the tempo.
saul or neves and pogba out would be ideal.

Unread 01-08-2021, 08:32 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Pogba, Lingard and Matic out (to Roma ) and Neves, Camavinga and Saul in. Sell Fred next summer.

Unread 01-08-2021, 08:35 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Pogba, Lingard and Matic out (to Roma ) and Neves, Camavinga and Saul in. Sell Fred next summer.
Honestly feel like Matic is a good Sergeant major around the squad. Apparent he does all the fines for lateness etc and, like mata, i think a player like him improves training. I'd keep him.

Unread 01-08-2021, 08:39 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Honestly feel like Matic is a good Sergeant major around the squad. Apparent he does all the fines for lateness etc and, like mata, i think a player like him improves training. I'd keep him.
Agreed. He’s useful in cameos too. Smarter and more composed on the ball than McFred too.

Unread 01-08-2021, 08:42 PM
dunk

Need to clear space, Roma want him and he’ll be going next year anyway

Unread 01-08-2021, 08:44 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Need to clear space, Roma want him and he’ll be going next year anyway
We shouldn’t create space by getting rid of useful players when there’s a ton of useless ones.

Lingard, Jones, Perreira and loans for Garner, Axel and Williams.

Unread 01-08-2021, 08:54 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
We shouldn’t create space by getting rid of useful players when there’s a ton of useless ones.

Lingard, Jones, Perreira and loans for Garner, Axel and Williams.
Did you miss the bit about somebody wanting him? Kind of the important bit tbf.

Unread 01-08-2021, 11:09 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Did you miss the bit about somebody wanting him? Kind of the important bit tbf.
Don't some clubs actually want Lingard though?

Unread 01-08-2021, 11:19 PM
92ToBury

Pogba is far from ideal if his agent is in his ear telling him that he shouldn't be here. Flush the turd that is Raiola.

Unread 02-08-2021, 12:28 AM
Baron

Quote:
Saul to be risen from his kidney hell into a pivotal part of a side… I can’t believe he hasn’t been snapped up. Flagged last season but class is permanent. Paired with Beek and Bruno I think we’d have midfield three as formidable as any… McToggers to box to box it as backup & Garner to learn from an elite and motivated Saul… we have the bones of a magnificent side if they know how to communicate.

Unread 02-08-2021, 08:21 AM
saffers

Quote:
Not sure about badly managed, just don’t think he could hack it. They did say all season that they expected it to take time for him to adjust. Clearly he needed toughening up.

Hope he becomes a genuine force next season
Of course not badly managed. Mother Therese can do no wrong in your eyes. What a silly propagandist you've turned into. He's not gonna £#%&! you mate.

Of course VdB has been badly managed.

Unread 02-08-2021, 08:42 AM
Marvel7

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Of course not badly managed. Mother Therese can do no wrong in your eyes. What a silly propagandist you've turned into. He's not gonna £#%&! you mate.

Of course VdB has been badly managed.
There's arguments for both sides. If he kicks on this season it's reasonable to say the management was correct and that he was protected while he adjusted. If this season is a repeat of last season then its poor management all round, from Woodward to Ole and all the training staff. History can be re-written based on results.

Unread 02-08-2021, 08:50 AM
Patty_b

Don't buy the 'mis-management' stuff, he had enough game time to show if he was capable but didn't really do much when he was on the pitch. Some nice flashes here and there, but the game seemed to pass him by for the most part.

Also think much more was made of it than there should have been by media, and then by fans. Reckon he'll come into his own this season and become an important player in the team.

Unread 02-08-2021, 08:54 AM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel7
There's arguments for both sides. If he kicks on this season it's reasonable to say the management was correct and that he was protected while he adjusted. If this season is a repeat of last season then its poor management all round, from Woodward to Ole and all the training staff. History can be re-written based on results.
Or, he’s just shit.

Unread 02-08-2021, 09:06 AM
NedKelly

It’s remarkable how some of our fans can acknowledge that some players take a period of adjustment before settling into a new team (generally, about a season or so), but this is only acceptable if they’re playing for City, or Liverpool, or Barca etc.

If they’re at United, they have to fit into the team before they’ve even played. And if they don’t, it’s “bad management” apparently.

You have to love the mental gymnastics.

Unread 02-08-2021, 09:20 AM
Coracao

He was awful, regardless of thoughts on how he was managed. Failed to grasp any opportunity he was given. Needs a good year or he should be binned.