United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 26-11-2023, 08:09 PM
Bunker Buster

Better than Scholes....

Unread 26-11-2023, 08:10 PM
NedKelly

I love how direct he is. Doesn’t try anything flash, just will ping the ball forward and it puts opposition teams on the back foot - certainly beats all the sideways and backwards passing some of our midfielders are guilty of overdoing.

Unread 26-11-2023, 08:15 PM
westcoastvan

Surprised he started over Amrabat, but he did good.

Nice sweep off the goal line, to keep Everton out of the game.

Unread 26-11-2023, 08:19 PM
larry

the youngest player to play cm for utd ever
apparently

Unread 26-11-2023, 08:35 PM
est.1878

Had it on excellent authority that he's clever and also his dad is a nice bloke.... We've struck gold full speed ahead CMsolvedalona

Unread 26-11-2023, 08:37 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I love how direct he is. Doesn’t try anything flash, just will ping the ball forward and it puts opposition teams on the back foot - certainly beats all the sideways and backwards passing some of our midfielders are guilty of overdoing.
Its the simple stuff.

The body language when receiving the ball, dropping the shoulder to buy half a second, the first touch never caught under his feet, always done with purpose. Willing to turn. He's got a very high footballing IQ

He has to start going forward, always wary of calling these youngsters to start but he has too.

Unread 26-11-2023, 08:40 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Better than Scholes....
Well he might be better than Scholes now, if that is what you mean.

Otherwise, not biting

Unread 26-11-2023, 08:40 PM
jem

the only concern I have with mainoo is that they let cass go.

Unread 26-11-2023, 08:42 PM
puressence

Remember when
Pogba just started out .. Mainoo is that player but grounded and hopefully doesn’t have the most hyped up pr in the business .. he’s £#%&!ing unbelievable.. stay injury free and that’s the teams most important spot tied up.

Unread 26-11-2023, 08:44 PM
est.1878

Narrator : but he didn't stay injury free.

Unread 26-11-2023, 08:45 PM
larry

lost interest anyway now he's been labelled the new pogba

Unread 26-11-2023, 08:47 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
lost interest anyway now he's been labelled the new pogba
definately reminds me of him the way he floats around and takes his time on the ball.

Unread 26-11-2023, 09:03 PM
Vedder

He was wonderful

Unread 26-11-2023, 09:12 PM
Hyman_Roth

Lovely playoh.

Unread 26-11-2023, 09:14 PM
no fun

I used to work with his grandad and once or twice he helped out if we were short at 5 a side

I reckon his grandad noticed my composure on the ball and passed on a few tips to young kobbie

Unread 26-11-2023, 09:27 PM
Stickman

We could really do with this lad being the goods.

Unread 26-11-2023, 09:33 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
I used to work with his grandad and once or twice he helped out if we were short at 5 a side

I reckon his grandad noticed my composure on the ball and passed on a few tips to young kobbie
Obi wan ?

Unread 26-11-2023, 09:45 PM
Neo

Lightbulb

Not sure the Pogba comparisons are fair yet, as Pogba is probably the only player I've ever seen, with the one exception possibly being Cristiano Ronaldo circa summer 2007, who underwent a physical metamorphosis that transcended the believable.

A brief analysis of the comparative physical frames of Paul pre-Juventus and post-Juventus (first stint), highlight a unique bodily change. The languid, stripling lad of b#@&%! brilliant promise and potential that left United, was transformed into a statuesque, ebony arrangement of perfectly sculpted muscle mass draped over a seismic skeletal frame.

The left deltoid on the image below is a useful example illustrating all this. I mean, just look at the definition of that rippling muscle fibre. Even the upper trapezius and latimus dorsi are stunningly impressive in their form, but that deltoid is something else.

This was a very different player physically to the one that first broke through to the United first team over a decade ago.

As can be seen below, Mainoo has the physical muscular make-up of a younger Pogba, but there is a lot to be done for him to evolve into anything like the version of Paul that emerged out of Turin, and it may not even be possible, given the genetic superiority the latter likely has; a superiority proven in the abnormally high levels of testosterone his body naturally produces. This, of course, has embroiled into an issue in which his current club are nefariously twisting into false, unproven accusations of doping.

Unread 26-11-2023, 09:55 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Not sure the Pogba comparisons are fair yet, as Pogba is probably the only player I've ever seen, with the one exception possibly being Cristiano Ronaldo circa summer 2007, who underwent a physical metamorphosis that transcended the believable.

A brief analysis of the comparative physical frames of Paul pre-Juventus and post-Juventus (first stint), highlight a unique bodily change. The languid, stripling lad of b#@&%! brilliant promise and potential that left United, was transformed into a statuesque, ebony arrangement of perfectly sculpted muscle mass draped over a seismic skeletal frame.

The left deltoid on the image below is a useful example illustrating all this. I mean, just look at the definition of that rippling muscle fibre. Even the upper trapezius and latimus dorsi are stunningly impressive in their form, but that deltoid is something else.

This was a very different player physically to the one that first broke through to the United first team over a decade ago.

As can be seen below, Mainoo has the physical muscular make-up of a younger Pogba, but there is a lot to be done for him to evolve into anything like the version of Paul that emerged out of Turin, and it may not even be possible, given the genetic superiority the latter likely has; a superiority proven in the abnormally high levels of testosterone his body naturally produces. This, of course, has embroiled into an issue in which his current club are nefariously twisting into false, unproven accusations of doping.

Cheers for this mate.

Hopefully Mainoo can give us a half decent performance more than 3 times in 6 years though.

Unread 26-11-2023, 09:57 PM
Bonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Ay up, Purple Aki's logged on.