United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-09-2022, 01:00 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Most sports aside from football appear to be going ahead this weekend.

For that reason alone, ridiculous decision.
This, everything else is available to enjoy (they'll be some try hard coffee shops shutting etc)

But 1000's of kids can't start their league campaign....

They've always hated football, honestly believe they do it out of spite...

Unread 09-09-2022, 01:13 PM
shenwen

Decision made by Premier league - no government/official mandate.

Even more moronic

Unread 09-09-2022, 01:15 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
What is there to respect silv?
I don't know... 70 years of impeccable service?

Working up to the day you die? You in your early 60's and you're working 2 days a week. She was 96 and still working full time.

Unread 09-09-2022, 01:18 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv

Working up to the day you die? You in your early 60's and you're working 2 days a week. She was 96 and still working full time.
Plenty of folk do that without the safety net of knowing they never have to worry about paying the bills.

In fact, plenty of people do that precisely because they have to worry about paying the bills.

But yeah let's show respect for.... wait, what again?

Unread 09-09-2022, 01:20 PM
Fat Al

Quote:

'working'?

Unread 09-09-2022, 01:23 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Plenty of folk do that without the safety net of knowing they never have to worry about paying the bills.

In fact, plenty of people do that precisely because they have to worry about paying the bills.

But yeah let's show respect for.... wait, what again?
exactly... people work because they have to pay their bills

She could easily have abdicated or given up the pressures of being Queen but she chose service. A bit like Rishi Sunak. £#%&! me its like shooting fish in a barrel

Unread 09-09-2022, 01:25 PM
Zorg

Quote:
£#%&! me its like shooting fish in a barrel

Unread 09-09-2022, 01:30 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
This, everything else is available to enjoy (they'll be some try hard coffee shops shutting etc)

But 1000's of kids can't start their league campaign....

They've always hated football, honestly believe they do it out of spite...
Nah, they used to hate football, when it was the people's game, but since they bought it, its control mechanism No 1 and they use it to the ultimate degree.

Remember a year back when, Manc council spent more on Keep off the grass signs and mowing lawns than they did on playing fields or subsidising sports clubs for kids, a Labour £#%&!ing council

Unread 09-09-2022, 01:47 PM
AK14

All football at every level off in wales

Senior rugby off but junior and mini rugby on as long as a 2 minute silence is held.

Unread 09-09-2022, 01:53 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
All football at every level off in wales

Senior rugby off but junior and mini rugby on as long as a 2 minute silence is held.
Bloody hell. Do they not know about Aberfan?

Unread 09-09-2022, 01:57 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
ffs

Unread 09-09-2022, 01:57 PM
Patty_b

Apparently Liverpool have suspended ticket sales for their Ajax game next week.

Probably more out of hope than anything.

Unread 09-09-2022, 01:59 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Pretty sure it’s in wales so you’d think so

I’ll check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Apparently Liverpool have suspended ticket sales for their Ajax game next week.

Probably more out of hope than anything.
Don’t scousers hate the royals etc?

Unread 09-09-2022, 03:23 PM
no fun

Quote:

please define service and work

Actually, don’t bother

Unread 09-09-2022, 03:23 PM
Curtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Yougov? Really? ffs.

Unread 09-09-2022, 03:42 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Don’t scousers hate the royals etc?
They love grieving more than they hate the royals

Unread 09-09-2022, 03:46 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis
You either believe in a monarchy, or you believe we are all born equal. You can't have both.
you can believe that the mere existence of a monarchy doesn't mean we're not born equal. if you think we need a head of state, at least this version has some tradition (and value - racist and rapist offspring aside, everyone respected her more than a random tea lady or liz truss). it depends how seriously we take it.

Unread 09-09-2022, 03:52 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
you can believe that the mere existence of a monarchy doesn't mean we're not born equal. if you think we need a head of state, at least this version has some tradition (and value - racist and r*pist offspring aside, everyone respected her more than a random tea lady or liz truss). it depends how seriously we take it.
Incorrect

I have far more respect for a random tea lady

Unread 09-09-2022, 03:53 PM
Curtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
you can believe that the mere existence of a monarchy doesn't mean we're not born equal. if you think we need a head of state, at least this version has some tradition (and value - racist and r*pist offspring aside, everyone respected her more than a random tea lady or liz truss). it depends how seriously we take it.
A head of state, as a political entity, yes. A monarchy, as in those chosen by god to rule over us, no.

Unread 09-09-2022, 03:57 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Incorrect

I have far more respect for a random tea lady
No disrespect meant, but I don't think your opinion matters a whole lot to the movers and shakers in the world

Another demonstration of the fact that we are NOT all born equal of course.
Closed Thread