United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-10-2021, 09:22 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
It was one of the directors who over saw the transfers that he had a major problem with apparently.
Luckily that could never happen here

Unread 29-10-2021, 10:11 AM
Hank Scorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
I don't understand why it's so hard for people to understand that it's just not that easy.

When people say "Long term manager", I don't think they have visions of another Alex Ferguson 25 year dynasty, more something that looks a bit like what the two most competitive teams for the past 4 years in the Premier League have done. Hired a good manager and built a side for them which took 1-2 years to come together, but then has delivered consistent results for the last 4 years and counting.

If we want to do it the other way and just turn over what are effectively head coaches rather than traditional managers, then we need someone at the club above the manager in charge and capable enough to build a team which a head coach can just come in and manage. In no way do have anything close that resembles that.

It doesn't matter which route we choose, it just needs to be done right, and that's where we're going to run into issues.

And the season where Mourinho won the Europa League and the League Cup, we finished 6th in the League. I don't know about anyone else, but I've never had any desire to go back and watch any sort of season review of that season.
All of this.

Unread 29-10-2021, 10:15 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Phew, no chance of anything similar happening here then...
Wins the league with what we’ve got (and a dm obvs) and then £#%&!s off after calling Woodward a chinless £#%&!er

Not sure what’s not to like tbh.

Unread 29-10-2021, 10:32 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Look at Bayern Munich - arguably the best run club in europe, had 8 managers in 10 years. But the hierarchy at the club is what keeps the ship heading in the right direction, coaches and managers come and go - but they have people upstairs who know what they're doing.

That's the difference. It's the same with Chelsea. Manager change every 2 seasons but they're the most successful english team of the last decade.

City as well, Mancini, pellegrini, out of after a couple of years. Then Guardiola who will probably be gone in the next 18 months. And you can bet the board know exactly who they'll target after he's run his contract out. Because they plan for change and they're planning 3-4 moves ahead.

Our lot just do everything on the £#%&!ing fly. Employ a caretaker and then give him a long term contract because he's had a good 3 month spell. Then decide on a whim "ah yes this is what we're doing now, a cultural reboot, that's it" Get in a load of familiar faces and then just hope for the best. That's not a way to run a successful football club ffs.
Yep,

And it won’t change until the owners go. We really are £#%&!ed.

Unread 29-10-2021, 10:49 AM
dunk

It helps that Munich have no discernible competition tbf. Stick a couple of oligarchs at Moenchengladbach and 1860 and see how they like it.

Unread 29-10-2021, 12:22 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Look at Bayern Munich - arguably the best run club in europe, had 8 managers in 10 years. But the hierarchy at the club is what keeps the ship heading in the right direction, coaches and managers come and go - but they have people upstairs who know what they're doing.

That's the difference. It's the same with Chelsea. Manager change every 2 seasons but they're the most successful english team of the last decade.

City as well, Mancini, pellegrini, out of after a couple of years. Then Guardiola who will probably be gone in the next 18 months. And you can bet the board know exactly who they'll target after he's run his contract out. Because they plan for change and they're planning 3-4 moves ahead.

Our lot just do everything on the f***ing fly. Employ a caretaker and then give him a long term contract because he's had a good 3 month spell. Then decide on a whim "ah yes this is what we're doing now, a cultural reboot, that's it" Get in a load of familiar faces and then just hope for the best. That's not a way to run a successful football club ffs.

We have people running the club who know what they’re doing

They’re just not interested in football

Unread 29-10-2021, 03:51 PM
Bunker Buster

This, this is the team....

(I'd drop AWB as well)

Unread 29-10-2021, 04:08 PM
Neo

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

(I'd drop AWB as well)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVnbJFEI...dium=copy_link
That central midfield.

Unread 29-10-2021, 04:11 PM
Halloween

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

(I'd drop AWB as well)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVnbJFEI...dium=copy_link
Spot on this team, likewise dubious on AWB. But yes we need to try something completely different in centre midfield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
That central midfield.

What would you suggest? Persevere with Mcfred?

Unread 29-10-2021, 04:14 PM
dunk

Fred was our best player Sunday, not his fault he’s doing the job of 3-4 players.

Should be Fred, McT or Matic and DvdB.

Unread 29-10-2021, 04:21 PM
jem

greenwood has taken a pasting, but he has been our best player this season.

Unread 29-10-2021, 04:27 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
greenwood has taken a pasting, but he has been our best player this season.
He might actually be our best player tbf. Needs to stop hugging the RW and get more involved.

Unread 29-10-2021, 04:27 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
That central midfield.

Lads....

Unread 29-10-2021, 05:10 PM
otbarney

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Is there anybody here that actually remembers 1958? Only a couple who were even born then I think.
I was born, but only a month old when it happened.

Unread 29-10-2021, 07:39 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Wtf. Peak ric
I mean, what so strange about it? You've been as vocal and eloquent as anyone about what a profoundly traumatic experience it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
It helps that Munich have no discernible competition tbf. Stick a couple of oligarchs at Moenchengladbach and 1860 and see how they like it.
Well there's already Hoffenheim isn't there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by otbarney
I was born, but only a month old when it happened.
Ged doesn't post much these days, but he might be older I think? Nobody else springs to mind really.

Unread 29-10-2021, 09:25 PM
Dr Stranger

If we haven’t picked VDB so far, I don’t see how he’s now suddenly gonna get a ticket to Ole’s Leaving Do.

Unread 29-10-2021, 09:49 PM
jem

de gea

wan b - lindelof - varane - maguire - shaw

The Scottish Player - matic

bruno

greenwood - rashford

no excuse for wan b or shaw to drift inside. wan b not allowed in the opposition half. front three run themselves into the ground before we bring on ronaldo and cavani to deliver the coup de grace.

Unread 29-10-2021, 10:08 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
de gea

wan b - lindelof - varane - maguire - shaw

The Scottish Player - matic

bruno

greenwood - rashford

no excuse for wan b or shaw to drift inside. wan b not allowed in the opposition half. front three run themselves into the ground before we bring on ronaldo and cavani to deliver the coup de grace.
Ole's P45?

That line-up will certainly expedite proceedings.

Unread 29-10-2021, 10:35 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Ole's P45?

That line-up will certainly expedite proceedings.
it's strange, but you seem to have taken a pop at a couple of others without posting your own suggestion. that can't be right, surely?

Unread 29-10-2021, 10:46 PM
Neo

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
it's strange, but you seem to have taken a pop at a couple of others without posting your own suggestion. that can't be right, surely?

I refer you to an earlier post of mine in this thread:

https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showp...7&postcount=30

I refuse to partake in any normalised pre-match discussions until the club removes itself from this purgatorial state of madness that we currently find ourselves in, by putting forward an action-plan post-Ole.

Until that point, I'll happily comment on other posts wherever I see fit though, thank you very much.

A line-up without Ronaldo isn't fit for purpose, btw.
Closed Thread