United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-05-2017, 02:41 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Not trying to prove anything.
my pre-appointment position has been the same since Fergie first called it a day - Get Mourinho in at all costs.
I think he's the best man for the job.. but 6th?! SIXTH?!
We've scored less goals than some of the relegation threatened teams ffs
It's not for the want of trying though, in the main, is it?

I know people despise the statsbombs, but we're high in every measure of attempts & if anyone's used that grey matter to observe us through the season, it's not been diminished by us trying to find a new style is it?

Zlatan has been the embodiment of Jose, magnificently pompous & statistically near the money. But not quite there. League cup. It's a far better process than either of the last two though & this is my acknowledgment. It'll be successful but at a penance. That's Mourinho. Who comes next will have a legitimate platform though... think a couple of seasons ahead.

Sarri? Poch? Sampaoli?

Unread 11-05-2017, 08:07 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
It's not for the want of trying though, in the main, is it?

I know people despise the statsbombs, but we're high in every measure of attempts & if anyone's used that grey matter to observe us through the season, it's not been diminished by us trying to find a new style is it?

Zlatan has been the embodiment of Jose, magnificently pompous & statistically near the money. But not quite there. League cup. It's a far better process than either of the last two though & this is my acknowledgment. It'll be successful but at a penance. That's Mourinho. Who comes next will have a legitimate platform though... think a couple of seasons ahead.

Sarri? Poch? Sampaoli?
A complete tear down and rebuild with a totally different manager post-Mou? Yep, sound like us tbf

Unread 11-05-2017, 08:25 AM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I don't hate anyone pal. Stuck up for Mou loads down the years.

Don't fancy him for job of United manager obvs, but have also managed to not blame him for everything wrong with the club.

United being 6th is the club, and specifically those at board level, getting what they deserve. Sadly I don't see them wising up either.

Deffo a nice moment for the Benzema is overrated section of society.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGCLvpNaSnk
I admit to being part of the Benzema is overrated club.

Good player but I've seen far too many games where he's missed chances that truly world class strikers would've scored with their eyes shut.

Unread 11-05-2017, 08:29 AM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
haha £#%&! off Torres you complete no mark.

Does such a section really exist?

Benzema has been an unbelievable player for Madrid. Definitely "one that got away" for us. Ferie loved him. Averages 1 in 2 for Madrid. Class act. Has led the line for Madrid for 8 years now. Overrated players don't do that...
Most people who call players overrated haven't actually seen the player play that much imo

Unread 11-05-2017, 08:53 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
Most people who call players overrated haven't actually seen the player play that much imo
Similar to the sages that tell you players from other leagues are amazing.

Unread 11-05-2017, 09:04 AM
andyroo

Think the boss had a go at him once at Madrid when Higuaín was out injured, implying that Florentino was too mean to buy him anyone better than big Benzers.

Unread 11-05-2017, 10:02 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Think the boss had a go at him once at Madrid when Higuaín was out injured, implying that Florentino was too mean to buy him anyone better than big Benzers.
So Mourinho doesn't rate one of the best strikers in the world over the last 10 years.

Great He probably scores too many goals for Jose and tries to win too many games ffs...

Unread 11-05-2017, 10:14 AM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
So Mourinho doesn't rate one of the best strikers in the world over the most 10 years.

Great He probably scores too many goals for Jose and tries to win too many games ffs...
Mate jose loves great strikers. Which is why he'll end up forking out about 80m for lukaku to stink up the europa league next season apparently.

Sorry Marcus, you'll have to sit this one out again.

Unread 11-05-2017, 10:19 AM
20 times

Quote:
So Mourinho doesn't rate one of the best strikers in the world over the most 10 years.

Yeah Big Mou didn't like his team to score many goals when he was at Real Madrid.

Oh right, they scored 121 league goals in 2011/2012

Unread 11-05-2017, 11:09 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Yeah Big Mou didn't like his team to score many goals when he was at Real Madrid.

Broke the record iirc..

Unread 11-05-2017, 11:31 AM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Broke the record iirc..
Tbf, Mourinho has won 2 CL's, a UEFA cup and shitloads of domestic leagues and cups.

Parters has won the heart of Siders and Jem.

Big difference

Unread 11-05-2017, 11:41 AM
dunk

Quote:

When he had 3 or 4 of the best attackers in the World, in a league designed to enable the top 2 or 3 to run in goals at will? What was he supposed to do, tell them to stop attacking when the game is over after 20 mins and the opposition dare nott cross the halfway line?

Unread 11-05-2017, 11:51 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
When he had 3 or 4 of the best attackers in the World, in a league designed to enable the top 2 or 3 to run in goals at will? What was he supposed to do, tell them to stop attacking when the game is over after 20 mins and the opposition dare nott cross the halfway line?
Sounds familiar

Unread 11-05-2017, 11:53 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Sounds familiar
Does it andy?

Unread 11-05-2017, 11:54 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
And that is different to the last 7 or 8 years in La Liga how?

Nothing stopping Barca or Madrid sides since 2012 matching or bettering that goal total but they haven't

G Nev showed this stat on MNF to explain that the goal scoring issues this season have been in stark contrast to every full season Jose has had in management since he came to England

Unread 11-05-2017, 11:56 AM
dunk

Again, 3 or 4 of the top attacking talents in the World, and a Ronaldo in his absolute pomp; not just the goal poacher he has been for the last 2 seasons, but probably one of the top 3 or 4 players of all time...

Having that sort of fire power probably forced him to ease up on his defensive bias..

Unread 11-05-2017, 12:57 PM
Switching Off

Dont try to banter United

Unread 11-05-2017, 01:05 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
exactly. I'd have walked the league with that side...

Unread 11-05-2017, 01:09 PM
dragflick

Quote:

Unread 11-05-2017, 01:12 PM
20 times

Quote:
Yes that Barcelona team at the time were miles behind Real Madrid.
Closed Thread