United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 27-07-2023, 11:18 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
The danish lad?
That one.

Unread 27-07-2023, 11:21 AM
armchair

Unread 27-07-2023, 11:33 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
The striker issue is huge £#%&!ing and throwing all the eggs in one basket on a relatively young up and coming striker is equally a huge gamble. Pray we have chance with Kane cos he’s what’s needed .. enjoyed the game kobie ffs one minute injured and that was cos Casemiro fouled the player who then fell on the back of kobie 🤦🤦🤦
It’s a huge ask on his shoulders. Some fans write off players before they’ve played. As nice as it would be to see him come in and score 20-25 goals in the league in his first season there’s a chance he takes a while to settle. There’s no guarantee , it’s not like signing a Harry Kane or mbappe etc.

Either we manage to sign or loan another decent back up, or hope the likes of Antony, Mount etc chip in with goals. I hope Amad isn’t badly injured, I feel there are goals in him coming off the right wing (if ETH chooses to keep him)

Ultimately we need to sign Hojlund first. Then go after that CM. If we can manage that and it’s a big if, we should go after another striker. Even if it’s a striker on loan as back up (weghourst to really boil piss)

I just hope after 5 games Hojlund isn’t written off.

Unread 27-07-2023, 11:37 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
At times Onana was playing centre back when we were in possession, and I’m here for it
It's Onanas world....

Unread 27-07-2023, 11:37 AM
atticusgrinch

Hojlund's a big fast £#%&!er who pins defenders for fun, and he seems to have an instinct for being in the right place at the right time.

Strikers need to have that 'i'd happily trample my grandmother for a goal' mindset.

It's more what he can become over what he is now. I approve. But i cannot approve of his skincare routine.

Unread 27-07-2023, 11:46 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
I just hope after 5 games Hojlund isn’t written off.
seems unlikely.

Unread 27-07-2023, 11:50 AM
marlo

ok imagine this is a new forumistas asking this question

I’ve seen that few have said we need a midfielder. Don’t be pedantic but basically a player to play more DMF more than anything. To slot in with casimero right?
Ok so if we signed that player this summer early on and played him and casimero with Bruno on the 10 position just infront of them

Would anyone be saying we need Mason mount as well?
Because if we need another midfielder and that midfielder starts….
It would be new midfielder , casimero and Bruno.

So what about mount?

Just asking

Unread 27-07-2023, 11:54 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo

I’ve seen that few have said we need a midfielder. Don’t be pedantic but basically a player to play more DMF more than anything. To slot in with casimero right?
Ok so if we signed that player this summer early on and played him and casimero with Bruno on the 10 position just infront of them

So what about mount?

Just asking
Slots into Antonys position.

Unread 27-07-2023, 11:58 AM
dunk

We needed a forward thinking midfielder to replace Fred and offer an alternative to Eriksen.

We also need a replacement for The Scottish Player and alternative to Casemiro.

Could do with one more too, imo.

Ftr, I’d say we need 2 strikers, but only if we can shift Martial.

Regardless of what has been spent so far, we couldn’t afford Osimhen, Kane is looking like £100m and probably a premium on top of that for us, and we’d have to sell to achieve that. Sad fact is the budget has had to be spread thinly and if we get Hojlund they’ll have done what they can imo.

Unread 27-07-2023, 12:00 PM
Ethers

Quote:

So what about mount?

Just asking
Do you think we’re going to play the same 11 for every game?

You’re fond of comparing us to City, so let’s use them as an example. They did pretty well last year. Did they have a set starting XI that they rigidly stuck to when everyone was available, or did they in fact have a pool of players all capable of starting, depending on the particular needs of any specific fixture?

Unread 27-07-2023, 12:00 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
We needed a forward thinking midfielder to replace Fred and offer an alternative to Eriksen.

We also need a replacement for The Scottish Player and alternative to Casemiro.

Could do with one more too, imo.
we’ll surely have to cut our coat according to our size

we spend our reported 100m + players sales wisely

It seems we have spent half our budget on a midfielder that doesn’t really improve our midfield exponentially and if anything ruins our dynamic.
also a player that had a year left that no one was really in for…

But I’m obviously wrong

Unread 27-07-2023, 12:03 PM
dunk

According to you..

You are making statements as if they’re facts, they’re not, they’re your opinion.

By all accounts everyone in the Country wanted Mount..

Unread 27-07-2023, 12:04 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Do you think we’re going to play the same 11 for every game?

You’re fond of comparing us to City, so let’s use them as an example. They did pretty well last year. Did they have a set starting XI that they rigidly stuck to when everyone was available, or did they in fact have a pool of players all capable of starting, depending on the particular needs of any specific fixture?
Yes but we have other area in dire need of players.

Rashford for example blows hot and cold and we are £#%&!ed if he is our one or even one of two genuine goal threats in our whole squad.

City have a squad yes you are no doubt right about that but why improve our squad when we need actually forwards.

Ok in midfield , we have vdb coming back, eriksen.
Why buy competition for that place when we have not even one competitor striker.

Furthermore why buy a player that’s able to speak to other clubs in 4 and a half months? Given we have to be prudent

Quote:
According to you..

You are making statements as if they’re facts, they’re not, they’re your opinion.
The nerve on me expressing my opinion on an internet forum that i subscribe to. Mad ting!

Unread 27-07-2023, 12:06 PM
dunk

vdB will be going out one way or another and Eriksen has got 60 minutes in his locker at best, Fred is leaving and The Scottish Player might: we were desperate for a couple of midfielders, minimum..

marlo

Quote:

By all accounts everyone in the Country wanted Mount..
Can quantify that please

Just a few links etc

Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Yes but we have other area in dire need of players.

Rashford for example blows hot and cold and we are £#%&!ed if he is our one or even one of two genuine goal threats in our whole squad.

City have a squad yes you are no doubt right about that but why improve our squad when we need actually forwards.

Ok in midfield , we have vdb coming back, eriksen.
Why buy competition for that place when we have not even one competitor striker.

Furthermore why buy a player that’s able to speak to other clubs in 4 and a half months? Given we have to be prudent

The nerve on me expressing my opinion on an internet forum that i subscribe to. Mad ting!
He’s able to speak to foreign clubs in January not domestic. There’s a risk to wait for him at the end of the season. But If the manager wants him now then the manager wants him now. Of course you would like a striker to be signed by now but this is uniteds recruitment . They should be signing Hojlund and Amrabat so we should still be fine by the first game of the season

Unread 27-07-2023, 12:07 PM
dunk

Quote:
Express your opinion all you like pal, just don’t present it as a fact and then get upset when people point out and often prove you wrong

marlo

Quote:
vdB will be going out one way or another and Eriksen has got 60 minutes in his locker at best, Fred is leaving and The Scottish Player might: we were desperate for a couple of midfielders, minimum..
Okkkk it seems your being mature enough she have a footballing debate

May 2023.

Let’s say we sign 5 players

In order of importance list them please.
For mount just put his name in there please next to the number

dunk

Quote:
Can quantify that please

Just a few links etc
Do it yourself, saw one today referencing an offer from Liverpool.

Unread 27-07-2023, 12:09 PM
RedNick80

Quote:
we’ll surely have to cut our coat according to our size

we spend our reported 100m + players sales wisely

It seems we have spent half our budget on a midfielder that doesn’t really improve our midfield exponentially and if anything ruins our dynamic.
also a player that had a year left that no one was really in for…

But I’m obviously wrong
Ultimately only time will tell and you are entitled to your opinion. I suspect you are wrong as well, try not to get too upset about it x

If the board/ETH didn't think they will get Kane/Osimen and likely other striking options will be sub £60M and Mount would add to the squad I can perfectly see the logic in that.

Also - Liverpool were in for Mount.