United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 04-09-2023, 09:19 PM
Sparky***

is anyone actually surprised?

At no point did i expect him to do anything else other than just brush all our complaints aside.

The offiside, yeah sure you can argue all day about it's about as tight a call as you're going to get.

but gabriel wrestling hojlund to the floor by basically just wrapping his arm around his waist is as blatant a foul as you'll see.

Unread 04-09-2023, 09:26 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
You’ll also be STUNNED to hear that former Liverpool defender Steven Warnock doesn’t think this is a penalty.

https://x.com/skysportspl/status/169...aSbh7vgQsN2lEQ
I'd be interested to see all of these shown to a panel of refs from another country. See what decisions they come to.
And not just ours, there are plenty of other teams on the wrong end of some atrocious calls.

Unread 04-09-2023, 09:44 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
I'd be interested to see all of these shown to a panel of refs from another country. See what decisions they come to.
And not just ours, there are plenty of other teams on the wrong end of some atrocious calls.
Maybe we should outsource. Like Indian call centres.

Far better chance of a fair shake if we had some Punjabi red/fs making these calls.

Unread 04-09-2023, 10:06 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Maybe we should outsource. Like Indian call centres.

Far better chance of a fair shake if we had some Punjabi red/fs making these calls.
Would we have to send bobs and vagene pics along with the offside images?

Unread 05-09-2023, 05:56 AM
Weekend Hussler

Need to do what they did with that French Ad for the Women's world cup.

Use a bit of AI to change the shirts so nobody knows the teams and then make a decision

Take any unconcious bias out of it.

Unread 05-09-2023, 08:33 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
You’ll also be STUNNED to hear that former Liverpool defender Steven Warnock doesn’t think this is a penalty.

https://x.com/skysportspl/status/169...aSbh7vgQsN2lEQ
I've never seen a bigger drip of a pundit in my life. If someone told him he was a peanut, he'd agree.

Unread 05-09-2023, 09:09 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
oh what a surprise they've decided to go with this one

Unread 06-09-2023, 05:57 PM
Dr Stranger

Unread 06-09-2023, 06:27 PM
pedr0

why on earth did they think it was a good idea to release the audio. it shows they are literally just making it up as they go along. how does the fact akanji moves out the way of the ball invalidate the fact that he's blocking the keepers line of vision? how can the collective brains of the ref, assistant ref, VAR and assistant VAR all not know what the rules are?
this is actually mental

Unread 06-09-2023, 06:34 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
That sounds absolutely chaotic.

Unread 06-09-2023, 06:46 PM
Dr Stranger

Both the examples shows that they seem to get fixated on one thing and that makes their mind up:

With Onana, it’s the fact that Dawson doesn’t head the ball. Once they’ve seen that, everything else doesn’t seem to matter.

With Ake, they seem to shift once they observe that Leno is at full stretch.

That’s all the evidence they seem to need.

As Norm says. It seems chaotic. And rushed. And ultimately. It’s still human error. Some like to pretend VAR is this seamless tech. It’s either more subjectivity or flawed tech like offside lines.

I never wanted it and I’d abolish it tomorrow.

Unread 06-09-2023, 07:27 PM
lenin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
It would actually be fascinating to watch that

Unread 10-09-2023, 01:03 PM
magic_cantona

My word

Unread 10-09-2023, 01:52 PM
lenin

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
What the £#%&!?

Unread 10-09-2023, 01:57 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenin
What the £#%&!?
It's absolutely bizarre.

The ref should be done forever. What possible reason could he give for sending the guy off?

Unread 20-09-2023, 10:04 PM
magic_cantona

Another absolutely scandalous VAR decision tonight.

Fletcher said "Check over, no penalty" - and then then that was somehow changed to "Oh, they're having another look here..."

Wtf was that about?

Unread 20-09-2023, 10:04 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Another absolutely scandalous VAR decision tonight.

Fletcher said "Check over, no penalty" - and then then that was somehow changed to "Oh, they're having another look here..."

Wtf was that about?
Clearly some £#%&!er pressed the wrong button. Never a pen.

Unread 20-09-2023, 11:16 PM
armchair

no one knows what the handball rule is. i'm fine with that as a handball as long as everytime a ball hits someone's hand it's a handball, but it's not.

I've said for a long time just take the intent out of it but it's still there sometimes. If that was a bayern player it would've been ruled out as he was so close and there wasn't intent.

I have no issue that it's a handball just that it's not ALWAYS a hand ball.

Unread 20-09-2023, 11:42 PM
jem

I'm not fine with that being handball.