Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Oh.

Unread 07-01-2024, 05:46 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Oh.
Unless he’s a pair or blue denim trousers, then he’s dyslexic.

Unread 07-01-2024, 05:47 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Well yeah, but he's gone full Lawrence Fox about it now. He's doing his absolute best to attract the dregs of society to his cause. He's gone in on immigration, gender etc and you can tell he's a racist, xenophobic, scouse mouth piece. He's not making structured arguments anymore (was he ever?), it's just OTT "LOOK AT ME!" rubbish.

If he'd have just said "Look, there's some women in the job that just don't deserve to be there. It's positive discrimination." then he wouldn't have come across as the attention seeking, hate filled moron that he is.
If Michael Owen and Daniel Sturridge can get regular appearances as pundits, then I dread to think who the lovely ladies are keeping out of a job.

Unread 07-01-2024, 05:47 PM
Olebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
He's not disabled.
It's hard to tell whether someone has an invisible disability. What makes you so convinced?

Unread 07-01-2024, 05:52 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olebean
It's hard to tell whether someone has an invisible disability. What makes you so convinced?
I'm not convinced now.

Unread 07-01-2024, 06:29 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
If Michael Owen and Daniel Sturridge can get regular appearances as pundits, then I dread to think who the lovely ladies are keeping out of a job.
You know what I mean.

Eni Aluko isn't there for her footballing knowledge - she can't even call some players by their name because she doesn't know them. She's made some baffling statements during games too.

But yeah, there's absolutely £#%&! male pundits too, I'm not saying there isn't.

Unread 07-01-2024, 06:53 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
You know what I mean.

Eni Aluko isn't there for her footballing knowledge - she can't even call some players by their name because she doesn't know them. She's made some baffling statements during games too.

But yeah, there's absolutely £#%&! male pundits too, I'm not saying there isn't.
Wasn't having a go pal, just making a little joke.

Don't get why some people get so wound up by it though tbh. Why does anyone care if the person that's getting paid to give their meaningless opinion on the game is male or female?

Unread 07-01-2024, 06:58 PM
Finport Red

Quote:

Don't get why some people get so wound up by it though tbh. Why does anyone care if the person that's getting paid to give their meaningless opinion on the game is male or female?
My only thought on the matter, other than to turn the tv volume down when any of them come on is that if some woman footballer, no matter how bland or ignorant of the game is sitting there, it’s one less ex-Liverpool player than before.

Unread 07-01-2024, 07:07 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
My only thought on the matter, other than to turn the tv volume down when any of them come on is that if some woman footballer, no matter how bland or ignorant of the game is sitting there, it’s one less ex-Liverpool player than before.

Unread 07-01-2024, 07:15 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
Pretty much this. Patty’s bang on too. Hardly any of them actually add anything meaningful - it’s just cliche after cliche with the vast majority.

Unread 07-01-2024, 07:24 PM
thatsfuctit

The should have options on the red button when pundits are on.

Press Red for Banal male pundit cha.

Press Green for female pundits

Press yellow for birdsong

Press Blue for belming competition.

Unread 07-01-2024, 07:26 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit

At last, a job for Joey Barton

Unread 07-01-2024, 07:46 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit

Great idea.

Or have 4 potential pundits pre match who everyone votes for in the pre game. Winner gets the gig loser gets evacuated down a chute into slime and the a tunnel of doom from local kids. RATINGS.

Unread 07-01-2024, 07:49 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:

I know

I personally dislike the clamour to have women inserted into the men's game just for the sake of it. I find it weird that I've never heard anyone say "There's not enough men commenting or commentating on the women's game." but (these past few years), I've heard trillions of people carping about the men's game being too "male dominated" and asking why there aren't more women involved. I just find it weird.

I want to say it doesn't really bother me but it does sound like bullshit at this stage

Unread 08-01-2024, 12:25 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Oh.

Unread 08-01-2024, 10:39 AM
AK14

Quote:
Oh.

Unread 08-01-2024, 11:21 PM
red in cumbria

Odds on him turning up as a Reform candidate in the GE this year?

Unread 09-01-2024, 03:49 AM
Sheik JaBooty

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Odds on him turning up as a Reform candidate in the GE this year?
About the same as you posting something interesting.

Unread 09-01-2024, 10:00 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheik JaBooty
About the same as you posting something interesting.

There is truly no topic riccers can't turn into a boring political post

Unread 09-01-2024, 10:01 AM
magic_cantona

He's not Tweeted anything mental for at least 12 hours. Hope he's OK (I dont).