United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-01-2017, 08:42 PM
AnthonyMartial

Two goals setup and it was a very nice cross for the Smalling goal.

Two or 3 very good link ups with Shaw as we'll.

Unread 29-01-2017, 08:44 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMartial
Can't wait to see both of these players tomorrow.

Mourinho has said martial will start and Shaw will play.

Hopefully both will start and it will be nice if Martial gets some forward support from the left back position player.

More than anything else I want to see Shaw in good form we can't expect great form after two months not playing and hopefully confident.
Sage

Unread 29-01-2017, 09:00 PM
itisme_panaflex

Martial is one player I really hope stays around. Direct, exciting player.
Should bin his agent if agent is telling him to think about sevilla.

Was superb at times today.

Unread 29-01-2017, 09:02 PM
AnthonyMartial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Sage
I wouldn't say sage any winger will do better with a supporting fullback.

Shaw wasn't galloping forward but certainly contributed more than Darmian does on that side and recently blind.

It's understandable he was a bit conservative after two months out.

Unread 29-01-2017, 09:11 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
I wouldn't say sage any winger will do better with a supporting fullback.

Shaw wasn't galloping forward but certainly contributed more than Darmian does on that side and recently blind.

It's understandable he was a bit conservative after two months out.
He really didn't. that's just your rose coloured Shaw glasses, the passage of play where Rooney was gesturing and screaming at him to make the obvious overlap was mind blowing. He should be a better left back than the two you mention but he was nowhere near Today.

Unread 29-01-2017, 09:34 PM
armchair

Hope he starts during the week.

Unread 29-01-2017, 09:46 PM
Switching Off

Thumbs up

Did well today. Still more to come.

Unread 03-02-2017, 04:32 PM
AnthonyMartial

Has to start against Leicester and hopefully phil jones was available to play also.

He was superb against hull and I don't want to see smalling against them.

I don't understand why Martial is being used as a squad player.

He played a relatively low amount of football in the first half of the season and using him as a squad player doesn't make sense as he will ne very fresh.

Don't think shaw will be picked until st ettiene at home at the earliest.

Unread 03-02-2017, 04:38 PM
Sizlack

Quote:
Has to start against Leicester and hopefully phil jones was available to play also.

He was superb against hull and I don't want to see smalling against them.

I don't understand why Martial is being used as a squad player.

He played a relatively low amount of football in the first half of the season and using him as a squad player doesn't make sense as he will ne very fresh.

Don't think shaw will be picked until st ettiene at home at the earliest.

Jose understands it, and hes with him everyday. We don't know whats going on with him from the outside.

Unread 03-02-2017, 04:50 PM
AnthonyMartial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizlack
Jose understands it, and hes with him everyday. We don't know whats going on with him from the outside.
Whatever is happening from the outside doesn't seem to be affecting him on the pitch at the moment.

He seems to score or setup a goal in every match he's played in the last month so I don't understand why he shouldn't start the next match.

Unread 03-02-2017, 04:53 PM
Sizlack

Quote:
Whatever is happening from the outside doesn't seem to be affecting him on the pitch at the moment.

He seems to score or setup a goal in every match he's played in the last month so I don't understand why he shouldn't start the next match.

It will be his work without the ball I assume? It usually is.

Unread 03-02-2017, 05:03 PM
AnthonyMartial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizlack
It will be his work without the ball I assume? It usually is.
He doesn't defend like park ji sung but he's not lazy.

The making runs argument I don't understand. There is rarely space to run in behind when it's 0-0 because of how defensive the other teams are.

His ability on the ball is vital in these situations and he can play a great cross into a crowded box just look at the ball to set up smalling against Wigan.

Unread 03-02-2017, 09:33 PM
Crumps

Quote:
He doesn't defend like park ji sung but he's not lazy.

The making runs argument I don't understand. There is rarely space to run in behind when it's 0-0 because of how defensive the other teams are.

His ability on the ball is vital in these situations and he can play a great cross into a crowded box just look at the ball to set up smalling against Wigan.
That's the point he should be making runs to make space for others ya £#%&!ing dunce.

Unread 03-02-2017, 10:54 PM
AnthonyMartial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
That's the point he should be making runs to make space for others ya £#%&!ing dunce.
You lack intelligence.

Unread 03-02-2017, 11:22 PM
Alan

Quote:
You lack intelligence.
He's spot on tbf. The only problem I have with Mourinho dropping Martial for not doing what he asks is that Pogba does WTF he likes every game, and quite often it's to the detriment of the team, yet he never gets dropped.

Unread 04-02-2017, 12:11 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
He's spot on tbf. The only problem I have with Mourinho dropping Martial for not doing what he asks is that Pogba does WTF he likes every game, and quite often it's to the detriment of the team, yet he never gets dropped.
His price tag, again

Unread 04-02-2017, 01:27 AM
TheNew

Quote:
Taking out of your arse re Pogba tbf. Pretty sure he's had the most touches, most forward passes, most chances created of anyone in our squad. But you have your agenda, pal.

Martial should still be in the team, mind.

Unread 04-02-2017, 01:35 AM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNew
Taking out of your arse re Pogba tbf. Pretty sure he's had the most touches, most forward passes, most chances created of anyone in our squad. But you have your agenda, pal.

Martial should still be in the team, mind.
My agenda is United playing well and winning matches, pal.

Since he plays every game in attacking midfield with little defensive responsibility, and he cost a world record fee, I'd kind of expect that from him, tbf.

If you can't see that Pogba is an overindulged #@&%! who far too often overcomplicates things because he thinks it's all about him, then it's pretty obvious who has an agenda, and it ain't me.

Unread 04-02-2017, 01:43 AM
TheNew

Quote:
My agenda is United playing well and winning matches, pal.

Since he plays every game in attacking midfield with little defensive responsibility, and he cost a world record fee, I'd kind of expect that from him, tbf.

If you can't see that Pogba is an overindulged #@&%! who far too often overcomplicates things because he thinks it's all about him, then it's pretty obvious who has an agenda, and it ain't me.
He's had far more good games than bad games. The fee is kind of irrelevant. Tbf though, this is a Martial thread.

Unread 04-02-2017, 03:58 AM
Denis Irwell

He does showboat a bit and it stands out, probably more than the good stuff when it doesn't come off. Doing ok but needs to wise up.
Closed Thread