United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 22-05-2024, 10:07 PM
Fat Al

On a personal note, the absolute worse thing about this entire season is that I gave up all forms of alcohol a few days before the start of the season.

I have had to endure the 9 month utter @#%&!fest that has been our season entirely 100% stone cold sober.

Never mind not knowing how I managed to avoid boozing while having to watch United, I still don't know how I managed to stop myself shoving Class A's in every orifice or vein in my body.

Unread 22-05-2024, 11:10 PM
Neo

A tricky second album, but lets not allow the ABU hyperbole and clickbait-driven modern media agenda to cloud the reality.

Injuries to key players have hampered progress, and the spine of the team has been unstable throughout the season. Martinez, Varane and Shaw all injured for long parts of the campaign, Mount likewise in midfield, and Casemiro hasn't looked the same since a December World Cup flogged him. In attack, both Hojlund and Martial have been missing for significant chunks, and the Greenwood fiasco hamstrung the manager from the off.

However, there are clearly green shoots. Onana seems to have had a better second half of the season, and it's been a joy at times to see some of the youth developing into the first team. Garnacho scored not only the Goal of the Season, but one of the greatest goals in the club's modern history, and Kobbie Mainoo has emerged as one of the brightest talents we've produced in a generation. Hojlund, too, is another bright spot, who has chiseled 16 goals largely off his own back, given the limited service he's received from a team disjointed by injuries; he's clearly going to become one of Europe's top number 9s, and it was a stellar bit of business getting him signed last summer.

And above all else, unlike every other Premier League club bar one, our season still isn't over. A scintillating FA Cup campaign, including a truly unforgettable tie against Liverpool, has culminated in yet another trip to Wembley, with silverware for a second successive season a strong possibility.

A new era dawns with INEOS at the helm, and I feel 2023/24 could well end up being a significant transitional season for United. We have some top players coming through, a world class coach in situ, and hopefully an ownership that can get the structure right to foster an environment that can get the best out of the management and playing staff. Shame most of our fans are @#%&!s, but you can't have it all.