Had Downing on first goal

And Ridgewell in Brum Chelsea on boxing day

Unread 29-12-2009, 11:10 PM
Tumescent Throb

Default Re: Villa v Murderers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
He was woeful until he scored.
On the shoulder of the defender he's as good as there is, but with his back to goal his touch & passing ability is zero. He doesn't get involved in the 'football' side of things at all.
He's also a snidey, whining piece of shit as well.

He's absolutely wasted there though. The sad thing is he seems to have taken a shine to the place
didn't see the game, but pretty much agree with you on Torres

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Yes.
When nobody expected them to.
That's the point.

On one of the SKY programmes this weekend before the Arsenal game 4 out of the 5 'pundits' tipped Villa to win at the Emirates.
Not sure no-one expected them to give the top 4 a game tbh. And I've told you before not to listen to the rent-a-quote #@&%!s in the football media haven't I

Unread 29-12-2009, 11:12 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Had Downing on first goal

And Ridgewell in Brum Chelsea on boxing day
I had £#%&!ing Carew.

Missed an absolute sitter (the header).

Unread 29-12-2009, 11:15 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
its quite acceptable to everyone who likes football to think the rats will drop points. when they drop 3 they'll be £#%&!ed as villa and spurs have no pressure on them. i dont think its clear cut that liverpool will finish above fulham or birmingham in all serioustbh
Well we couldn't disagree more, though of course I hope it turns out that you're right. But imo Liverpool will finish top 4. You can drop plenty of points and still do that, especially this season.

Teams like Fulham and Birmingham are doing it with smoke and mirrors. They don't score enough goals. Over a full season that will cost them. Liverpool will finish at least 10 points clear of both of them.

Unread 29-12-2009, 11:18 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
And I've told you before not to listen to the rent-a-quote #@&%!s in the football media haven't I
Knew you'd say that!
I think the point I was making was that 'expectation' is very high for Aston Villa now, because of TV/Radio pundits pissing their pants over every sodding result.
..as a result the pressure mounts on the Villa players & they can't handle it.
They were just as negative & lacking in ideas when I saw them play Spurs recently too.

If anyone's gonna break into the 'Top 4' (God, I hate that phrase) it'll be City ...or maybe Spurs.

Unread 29-12-2009, 11:21 PM
Smiling Bastard

The BBC say: Fernando Torres tonight became the fourth quickest player to reach 50 Premier League goals, in his 72nd game. Andy Cole has the record with 65 and Alan Shearer and Ruud van Nistelrooy were also faster than the Spaniard.

Unread 29-12-2009, 11:21 PM
Whalefish

City should be breaking into the top 4 with the money they've spent. The £#%&!ing div @#%&!s.

Unread 29-12-2009, 11:28 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Well we couldn't disagree more, though of course I hope it turns out that you're right. But imo Liverpool will finish top 4. You can drop plenty of points and still do that, especially this season.

Teams like Fulham and Birmingham are doing it with smoke and mirrors. They don't score enough goals. Over a full season that will cost them. Liverpool will finish at least 10 points clear of both of them.
i think you're giving the scouse too much credit they are hardly scoring plenty themselves and tonight proves it the other night was the same, they were shite until playing against 10 men. i'm not saying that the rest are any better but their circumstances are different.

the scouse have to finish 4th. the finance of the club depends on it.

fulham, brum, villa, spurs and alike don't 'need' to finish 4th nor are their managers careers dependent on it. all the afore mentioned will drop points (i would think) but every time the scouse do it has massive implications.

liverpool cant just dust themselves off and carry on, the rest can.

Unread 29-12-2009, 11:38 PM
Grimson

Liverpool have scored 37, compare that to Fulham's 20 or Villa's more palatable 29.

The scouse do have the pressure you mention, but it's the same pressure they have every season. I just think the others will fall away. I'm not ready to jump on City's bandwagon until they beat some good teams.

Unread 29-12-2009, 11:43 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Liverpool have scored 37, compare that to Fulham's 20 or Villa's more palatable 29.

The scouse do have the pressure you mention, but it's the same pressure they have every season. I just think the others will fall away. I'm not ready to jump on City's bandwagon until they beat some good teams.
But they dominated us at OT according to Townsend.

Unread 29-12-2009, 11:57 PM
MIFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
i think you're giving the scouse too much credit they are hardly scoring plenty themselves and tonight proves it the other night was the same, they were shite until playing against 10 men. i'm not saying that the rest are any better but their circumstances are different.

the scouse have to finish 4th. the finance of the club depends on it.

fulham, brum, villa, spurs and alike don't 'need' to finish 4th nor are their managers careers dependent on it. all the afore mentioned will drop points (i would think) but every time the scouse do it has massive implications.

liverpool cant just dust themselves off and carry on, the rest can.
They well may finish 4th, but to be mentioned with the likes is funny as £#%&!, considering this was THE year(again)! Torres will be injured again soon, esp with the world cup coming up, wont risk serious injury for them. Unless they get a few decent players in jan, wont make 4th. Benitez after debrecen away"its clear to see we have turned the corner"
Closed Thread