United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 18-08-2014, 11:55 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
The defence itself is so exposed because of the utterly rank midfield.

If anyone can tell me what that abominable fro-headed turd was up to with that second goal I'd be impressed
It amuses me that Blackett is getting the majority of shit for that second goal when Smalling, Young, Fellaini and De Gea all failed to offer even the basics in support of him.

Unread 18-08-2014, 11:55 AM
Bunker Buster

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by vangaalsbigballs
that would have been partially true if there weren't 3 clowns ahead of him in the defence.

Still can't stop laughing at the suggestion of Jones being next duncan edwards after 2 months into his mufc career
some Sexton Red wordsmith (not Carlo) wrote a full blog on him, comparing him to D.E

£#%&!ing storming read...

Sure there was some "well he should know, he hasn't missed a home game since orient 53"

Unread 18-08-2014, 12:07 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Sure there was some "well he should know, he hasn't missed a home game since orient 53"
Sure it wasn't carlo?

Unread 18-08-2014, 12:12 PM
The Watcher

Rooers throwing cheap shots at carlo now? Wow.

The lad's definitely got off his moist mattress this summer. Determined to make a name for himself. Brave direction for andy, nqat.

Unread 18-08-2014, 12:56 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Don't like suggesting it but... is De Gea possibly part of the problem with the defence?

He's great at his own job and I'm his biggest fan but, you know, isn't he supposed to play a part in organising them and conveying assurance and security behind them? Skittish displays in defence don't reflect well on the keeper. Would welcome coherent arguments against this proposition.

ybgr

about as much chance of that happening on here as there is of degea keeping a clean sheet.....you can see some of the dumb£#%&! replies youve had already :shakehead:

Unread 18-08-2014, 01:02 PM
Whip Hubley

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless

ybgr

about as much chance of that happening on here as there is of degea keeping a clean sheet.....you can see some of the dumb£#%&! replies youve had already :shakehead:

Well that was predictable.

Unread 18-08-2014, 01:12 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
Well that was predictable.
as was the reaction when someone made even the slightest, slightest negative comment about goldengloves

wasnt even a negative comment but an invitation to discuss....worse than £#%&!ing russia this place ....

Unread 18-08-2014, 01:14 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
he's part of a failing defensive unit, so questions will understandably be asked. He arguably could have done a little better for the swansea winner. ....but the bigger issue is how exposed he is on a regular basis.

In some ways, the keeper is only as good as the defence in front of him.
...go girl

Unread 18-08-2014, 01:45 PM
Big nose

Decent keeper De Gea, but weak with that 2nd goal for Swansea. Hope Louis gave him a dressing room balls down.

Unread 18-08-2014, 02:39 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big nose
Decent keeper De Gea, but weak with that 2nd goal for Swansea. Hope Louis gave him a dressing room balls down.
Dreadful all round that 2nd goal was. From Blackett's error; Young being caught under a cross to the back post; everyone stood around marking nobody; then De Gea's pathetic attempt at a save; the shot was straight at him.

Really, really poor.

Unread 18-08-2014, 02:56 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Dreadful all round that 2nd goal was. From Blackett's error; Young being caught under a cross to the back post; everyone stood around marking nobody; then De Gea's pathetic attempt at a save; the shot was straight at him.

Really, really poor.
I'm not one to stand up for shit eater Young but what do we expect when he's being played so ridiculously out of positions. To think a club of our standing is playing Ashley Young at full back in the first game of the season is a £#%&!ing disgrace.

Unread 18-08-2014, 03:01 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
I'm not one to stand up for shit eater Young but what do we expect when he's being played so ridiculously out of positions. To think a club of our standing is playing Ashley Young at full back in the first game of the season is a £#%&!ing disgrace.
yes.

Unread 18-08-2014, 03:05 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Completely agree.

Unread 18-08-2014, 03:05 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Really, really poor.
Yep, just an all round £#%&! up.

I still think the first should have been disallowed for blocking off Jones, but the second badly exposed out weaknesses and was the type of goal we were susceptible to conceding all game.

There was a sense of inevitability about it. Ofcourse young got caught under the ball, because he's not a defender. Ofcourse blackett got caught, he's a kid making his debut. Ofcourse fellaini was ball watching, he's a moron. ... etc

Unread 18-08-2014, 04:02 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

I still think the first should have been disallowed for blocking off Jones, but the second badly exposed out weaknesses and was the type of goal we were susceptible to conceding all game.

There was a sense of inevitability about it. Ofcourse young got caught under the ball, because he's not a defender. Ofcourse blackett got caught, he's a kid making his debut. Ofcourse fellaini was ball watching, he's a moron. ... etc
what Blackett actually did was set us up to be counter-attacked with half a pitch head start. doubt he'll ever do that again though, so at least some good will come out of it.

Unread 18-08-2014, 04:09 PM
vangaalsbigballs

Quote:

Blackett's was the biggest mistake of all. A tactical foul that was designed to break up play ended up in a sudden counter attack which no one could expect. That was a mistake that you wouldn't do in local kick abouts ffs. You would always be trying delay the free kick as much as possible.

Doubt we will see him again once evans is fit and a couple of defenders have signed. His long hoof balls :shakehead:

Unread 18-08-2014, 04:33 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
The defence itself is so exposed because of the utterly rank midfield.

If anyone can tell me what that abominable fro-headed turd was up to with that second goal I'd be impressed.
Standing still and staring, it looked like to me

Unread 18-08-2014, 07:05 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Standing still and staring, it looked like to me
id give him a pair of gloves and stick him in goal.....and then put degloves up front...cant be any worse than it is now