United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 19-01-2023, 11:14 AM
armchair

I liked the way he took on his fullback for pace once. Won the corner but you could see genuine speed.

Unread 19-01-2023, 11:14 AM
Dasilvatwins

He hasn’t been great but he hasn’t been consistently good either. Everybody can see his biggest weakness of always cutting in which makes him predictable and easy to play against.

Once he gets used to the league I’m sure ETH will develop a training plan to improve other aspects of his game. He’s barely played in a half broken season. You could argue for 80 million we expect ready made player but this is Man Utd and their recruitment . Since when did we ever buy a top player on a high transfer that turned out to be worth the cost

Di Maria 60 mill
Lukaku 70 mill
Pogba 70 mill
Slab 80 mill
Sancho 60/70 mill

The key thing with Antony is however he is 22 and has potential. A bit of patience will go along way (hopefully). Once Sancho comes back maybe a bit of pressure is taken off him and his game can improve slowly but surely.

Right now people seem to think it has to be black or white. You’re either shite or you’re a good player. Criticise him when he plays bad , praise him when he plays good but there’s no need for an agenda against him .

We didn’t draw last night because of him.

Regardless how how well or shit he’s been , as a fan unless he plays poor for a good couple of seasons, just get behind the lad and hope he can do well for us .

Unread 19-01-2023, 11:27 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Have to admit I’m not impressed so far - more so his hair and complexion tbh.

I think it’s fair enough to have an early opinion - the issue is over stating it over and over and over a £#%&!ing gain. Windy does that a lot. Biden is just a tool.

Dunk does it with de Gea. Every post about him - good save but he’s still shit and I’m still right.
Again, De Gea is in his 30’s and has been here 10 years plus, it’s not comparable. Doing so reflects badly on you.

Just 2 weeks ago De Gea made a #@&%! of himself against Everton. He’s not improved in 5 years and has got actively worse. The Darron Gibson of goalkeepers, a screamer of a save from time to time, ordinary to awful the rest of the time.

Antony hasn’t even been here long enough to learn English yet ffs and is 22. New league, new country and is still contributing adequately.

Unread 19-01-2023, 11:30 AM
Seamus

I am surprised by windy, he can usually spot a player. Take another look please.

Unread 19-01-2023, 11:53 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
I am surprised by windy, he can usually spot a player. Take another look please.

Unread 19-01-2023, 12:03 PM
Denis Irwell

Silly to be writing him off. Has his shortcomings but still young, early days in a new country, club and ultra competitive league tbf. Makes the occasional wrong move but never hides. Does the dirty work too. Partly the reason AWB is looking a man transformed is due to him having a supportive partner on his flank.

Unread 19-01-2023, 12:04 PM
redhegemony

Good job some on here didn't see Birtles

Unread 19-01-2023, 12:05 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Silly to be writing him off. Has his shortcomings but still young, early days in a new country, club and ultra competitive league tbf. Makes the occasional wrong move but never hides. Does the dirty work too. Partly the reason AWB is looking a man transformed is due to him having a supportive partner on his flank.
No one has written him off - certainly not me. I made a joke and said "file with Jadon Sancho and Donny" (or similar). I'm not that stupid - I can see some of the good things he does. Just want to see more it...

Unread 19-01-2023, 12:06 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Good job some on here didn't see Birtles
They’ll never know

Biggest flop along with Pogba

Unread 19-01-2023, 12:18 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
They’ll never know

Biggest flop along with Pogba
McDougal?

Unread 19-01-2023, 12:42 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
He hasn't lived up to YOUR expectations.....

Or the stall you set out early doors and can't dial back on now...

Most of us have enjoyed his goals, especially the one on his debut, the skills, work rate and excitement he brings on the ball ...

The role he plays under EtH is to hug the touchline at all times, giving width to the team on the counter, it's a thankless task at times and you're not going to be involved in every play ..

It's half way through his first season at the club and you don't think he's done much ?
Good point, and think this has been missed by one or two.

He generally hasn't been spectacular (outside of the City and Charlton finishes), but he has hugged the touchline and worked hard to help his full-back throughout.

Once he's settled a bit more I think we'll see his full reportoire of skills.

Unread 19-01-2023, 12:57 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
No one has written him off - certainly not me. I made a joke and said "file with Jadon Sancho and Donny" (or similar). I'm not that stupid - I can see some of the good things he does. Just want to see more it...
Not getting at you, mate. Just general negative noise about him.

Quote:
McDougal?
Christ. Forgot about him. Sophisticated tactics to get him in to scuffle Wyn Davies’ knock-downs in. Imagine thinking a Div3? Bournemouth striker is going to compete with Alan Clarke, Lee, Hector and Keegan.

Unread 19-01-2023, 01:02 PM
puressence

Quote:
good job some on here didn't see birtles
most of these have never seen martial

Unread 19-01-2023, 01:15 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus

Unread 19-01-2023, 01:24 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Jenkins
Ethers, bunks and ned have their crew pal - you're not getting in no matter how much you wink at them.

Unread 19-01-2023, 01:25 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
He hasn’t been great but he hasn’t been consistently good either. Everybody can see his biggest weakness of always cutting in which makes him predictable and easy to play against.

Once he gets used to the league I’m sure ETH will develop a training plan to improve other aspects of his game. He’s barely played in a half broken season. You could argue for 80 million we expect ready made player but this is Man Utd and their recruitment . Since when did we ever buy a top player on a high transfer that turned out to be worth the cost

Di Maria 60 mill
Lukaku 70 mill
Pogba 70 mill
Slab 80 mill
Sancho 60/70 mill

The key thing with Antony is however he is 22 and has potential. A bit of patience will go along way (hopefully). Once Sancho comes back maybe a bit of pressure is taken off him and his game can improve slowly but surely.

Right now people seem to think it has to be black or white. You’re either shite or you’re a good player. Criticise him when he plays bad , praise him when he plays good but there’s no need for an agenda against him .

We didn’t draw last night because of him.

Regardless how how well or shit he’s been , as a fan unless he plays poor for a good couple of seasons, just get behind the lad and hope he can do well for us .
Ajax have well and truly had our pants down for the fee we have paid for Anthony.

Unread 19-01-2023, 01:29 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Ethers, bunks and ned have their crew pal - you're not getting in no matter how much you wink at them.
Is Ned in the Reacharound Gang?

I thought Big Quayders was TCOB stateside, to cover the different time zone?

Unread 19-01-2023, 01:33 PM
Ethers

I’ve been in more crews than Steve Redgrave if you believe the gossips on here. News to me.

Unread 19-01-2023, 01:34 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Is Ned in the Reacharound Gang?

I thought Big Quayders was TCOB stateside, to cover the different time zone?
I am not sure if he is 'officially' in it (according to bunks and ethers) but he sure likes to act like he is.

Unread 19-01-2023, 01:40 PM
Bunker Buster

Ned is a full member....