United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-10-2021, 07:52 AM
windy waffles

No other club would put up with this shit.

If the was Chelsea he would be packing his desk up this morning and they'd be getting some else in and probably go on and win the CL ffs.

Unread 25-10-2021, 07:53 AM
Patty_b

He shouldn't walk, he needs to be sacked. I don't think anyone can deny at this point that he's not a United manager, but he is a proper United player. I wouldn't want him to just throw in the towel and give up. He should go down fighting. The board need to acknowledge that their fault in this and pull the trigger themselves, and show that they know what they are doing and their plan for getting us out of the mess they created (won't hold my breath). And if Mourinho can get paid off for poisoning the club and inflicting the likes of Pogba, Lindelof and Bailly on us then Ole definately should get his payday.

It wasn't just a case of it being Ole either, but a hope that it would work because it finally felt as though the club had some sort of roadmap for the future, rather than just thinking "This manager is well known, let's get him in and expect results for the next year or two", with absolutely no plan for would happen if it didn't work, or even if it did work, then what would come after. Acadamy being prioritised, players signed for the future, youth players being given minutes on the pitch and signings that felt as though they were improving the team (although admittedly some felt like they were almost making us worse). Even a 'Technical director' being installed, although I don't think Darren Fletcher would even be Darren Fletchers first choice for that role. Something's gone drastically wrong this season, and it would be ridiculous to just point at something like the Ronaldo signing and saying that that's disrupted the team or something like that. In no scenario should you be introducting Ronaldo to a team and making it worse.

Anyway, it should be done now. The board need to get their £#%&!ing arse in gear and get someone ready to come in before pulling the trigger on Ole as soon as possible.

I still don't think it's going to make a great deal of difference in the long run. Looking at the team that have been consistently the best across Europe over the past 5 years then we're miles off in terms of how we operate as a club. Either we look at team like Liverpool, City or Athletico where they bring in a top class manager with a good set up above them to build a team in their image over a couple of years that is then set up to compete across all competitions for the next 5 years or so. This isn't remotely the same as wanting a 25 year dynasty, just something consistent. Or you look at teams like Bayern, Real, Barca, PSG, where the people above the manager pretty much build the team and they bring in a good coach to try and get them to play.

I'd like to think about bringing someone like ETH, but like I said in that thread, I think the only way we'd get the best out of him is if we have a proper set up above him, and I don't think it would be fair on him to bring him in to this club with the setup we have above him and expecting something special. I don't think Conte is the answer either. I think the style of football he would play is something we need at the moment to get us out of the rut, but he's a tornado of a manager. Comes in, £#%&!s shit up for a year or two, and then leaves a bit of a mess behind. This League now is nowhere near the same league as it was when he managed a Chelsea side that won the league about 18 months before he came in. Seems a long-shot gamble to bring in him to just try and win something next season and then leave us back where we started again.

Maybe try and buy Poch out of his contract at PSG, maybe throw in a couple of boxes of Kleenex as a sweetener.

£#%&! knows. All I know is that whoever comes in I'll back, even if I don't agree with the choice.

Unread 25-10-2021, 08:04 AM
My Name is Heath

What happened to that pre season stuff about playing 5 attackers/midfielders and abandoning the McFred thing?

Either road - with the current set up and current players, we need to go to 4-3-1-2 and tonight.

Ole won’t quit. Glazers won’t sack him.

Unread 25-10-2021, 08:05 AM
Mr_Ed

Guardian going in hard

https://www.theguardian.com/football...e_iOSApp_Other

“I do believe in myself, I am getting close”

Delusional.

Unread 25-10-2021, 08:06 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
What happened to that pre season stuff about playing 5 attackers/midfielders and abandoning the McFred thing?

Either road - with the current set up and current players, we need to go to 4-3-1-2 and tonight.

Ole won’t quit. Glazers won’t sack him.
He did say pre season that Varane would allow him to do things differently. Christ knows what, because there’s no combination of midfielders there that I think we’re missing.

Unread 25-10-2021, 08:07 AM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
It was made up by a random reporter.

Unread 25-10-2021, 08:08 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
He shouldn't walk, he needs to be sacked. I don't think anyone can deny at this point that he's not a United manager, but he is a proper United player. I wouldn't want him to just throw in the towel and give up. He should go down fighting. The board need to acknowledge that their fault in this and pull the trigger themselves, and show that they know what they are doing and their plan for getting us out of the mess they created (won't hold my breath). And if Mourinho can get paid off for poisoning the club and inflicting the likes of Pogba, Lindelof and Bailly on us then Ole definately should get his payday.

It wasn't just a case of it being Ole either, but a hope that it would work because it finally felt as though the club had some sort of roadmap for the future, rather than just thinking "This manager is well known, let's get him in and expect results for the next year or two", with absolutely no plan for would happen if it didn't work, or even if it did work, then what would come after. Acadamy being prioritised, players signed for the future, youth players being given minutes on the pitch and signings that felt as though they were improving the team (although admittedly some felt like they were almost making us worse). Even a 'Technical director' being installed, although I don't think Darren Fletcher would even be Darren Fletchers first choice for that role. Something's gone drastically wrong this season, and it would be ridiculous to just point at something like the Ronaldo signing and saying that that's disrupted the team or something like that. In no scenario should you be introducting Ronaldo to a team and making it worse.

Anyway, it should be done now. The board need to get their £#%&!ing arse in gear and get someone ready to come in before pulling the trigger on Ole as soon as possible.

I still don't think it's going to make a great deal of difference in the long run. Looking at the team that have been consistently the best across Europe over the past 5 years then we're miles off in terms of how we operate as a club. Either we look at team like Liverpool, City or Athletico where they bring in a top class manager with a good set up above them to build a team in their image over a couple of years that is then set up to compete across all competitions for the next 5 years or so. This isn't remotely the same as wanting a 25 year dynasty, just something consistent. Or you look at teams like Bayern, Real, Barca, PSG, where the people above the manager pretty much build the team and they bring in a good coach to try and get them to play.

I'd like to think about bringing someone like ETH, but like I said in that thread, I think the only way we'd get the best out of him is if we have a proper set up above him, and I don't think it would be fair on him to bring him in to this club with the setup we have above him and expecting something special. I don't think Conte is the answer either. I think the style of football he would play is something we need at the moment to get us out of the rut, but he's a tornado of a manager. Comes in, £#%&!s shit up for a year or two, and then leaves a bit of a mess behind. This League now is nowhere near the same league as it was when he managed a Chelsea side that won the league about 18 months before he came in. Seems a long-shot gamble to bring in him to just try and win something next season and then leave us back where we started again.

Maybe try and buy Poch out of his contract at PSG, maybe throw in a couple of boxes of Kleenex as a sweetener.

£#%&! knows. All I know is that whoever comes in I'll back, even if I don't agree with the choice.
Post.

Poch won't be our next manager, though. Why would he want to leave PSG at the moment when our manager's role is, and has been, a psoioned chalice for years now.

Conte is the man we need and is available (not the criteria for a manager as stated before) but our defence and midfield are an absolute shambles. It needs some organisation and proper coaching and a proper midfielder in January. Ole should in no way be given any more money in January if he even lasts that long. That's not to say his signings have been poor but seems a waste of time given the likelihood as he won't be in charge next season (he won't even be here at the end of the season)

If the club genuinely think Ole is the man to take us forward and want to give him and trh jobs for the boys time, they deserve everything we get.

Legend as a player. Nice guy. Poor manager. Sentiment has no place in football given how strong the league is.

Unread 25-10-2021, 08:11 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Guardian going in hard

https://www.theguardian.com/football...e_iOSApp_Other

“I do believe in myself, I am getting close”

Delusional.
The whole world can see it apart from our board and Gary Neville.

Still, we need stability, so stick with it.

Unread 25-10-2021, 08:13 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
The whole world can see it apart from our board and Gary Neville.

Still, we need stability, so stick with it.
Gary Neville is as delusional as Ole. Carragher showed him up for that last night. He was, literally, laughing at him on live TV. It was embarrassing. I think Keano chose to stay away yesterday as he knew what was coming and didn't wanna have to dig out his mate.

Unread 25-10-2021, 08:17 AM
AK14

Quote:
He did say pre season that Varane would allow him to do things differently. Christ knows what, because there’s no combination of midfielders there that I think we’re missing.
Play with a higher line and drop one of the two holding midfielders iirc.

Unread 25-10-2021, 08:22 AM
Stickman

Win v Spurs and a point in Italy and all will be forgotten. FFS it should have happened last night.

Neville is a #@&%!, knows fine the manager is shite but insults our intelligence, #@&%! ends like him are part of the reason so many stay onside and the owners shit out of pulling the trigger.

Unread 25-10-2021, 08:24 AM
Boring Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Never.

There were pockets of optimism, but most of us were leading with our hearts. We wanted it to work, rather than believing that it would.

I think many of us allowed the emotions to cloud our judgement. But on paper, and with hindsight, it was ridiculous to assume Ole would take us back to European and League glory.

I just hope the change can be done as painlessly as possible. The very worse outcome is that we do nothing - it's not going to be beneficial to Ole in the long term
When we hit the top of the league in January it certainly looked like it might be working, even if many of the results to there were grinding wins…I honestly never thought we’d be in that position again under the Glazer regime. It was clearly the pinnacle of his tenure as things have gone downhill very fast afterwards.

Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Gary Neville is as delusional as Ole. Carragher showed him up for that last night. He was, literally, laughing at him on live TV. It was embarrassing. I think Keano chose to stay away yesterday as he knew what was coming and didn't wanna have to dig out his mate.
Yep. Sheer stubbornness. He would have been right there with carragher if it was any other club.

silv

Conte I’m with a 1.5 year contract

Then open for applications for one of the biggest jobs in the world

Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Play with a higher line and drop one of the two holding midfielders iirc.
Suicide.

Don’t buy this idea nobody will want to come
There’s a hell of a lot of talent in this squad and the season is salvageable. I cant believe there isn’t a single manager in the world who isn’t thinking they could do a better job right now.

Unread 25-10-2021, 08:29 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Suicide.

Don’t buy this idea nobody will want to come
There’s a hell of a lot of talent in this squad and the season is salvageable. I cant believe there isn’t a single manager in the world who isn’t thinking they could do a better job right now.
Yep, only if they act soon though.

Unread 25-10-2021, 08:32 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Yep, only if they act soon though.
We should be doing it now while CL prospects are still alive too.

8 points off the top, well placed in an easy group.

Or

15 points off the top, out of every cup.

Hmmm…..

There is no virtue in carrying on with someone that is so clearly wrong.

Unread 25-10-2021, 08:33 AM
Zorg

I can only assume they're happy to watch the same again v city in a couple of weeks. Only they won't stop at 5. And as the 9th goal flies in and Ronaldo gets sent off, Neville will be going 'they need to stick with this'.

Unread 25-10-2021, 08:35 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Win v Spurs and a point in Italy and all will be forgotten. FFS it should have happened last night.
This.

everybody back on board the false hope express to nowhere.

he just needs another summer or 2 to build the midfield.

quick, look at ronaldo. it's ronaldo. he's back.

disneyland of football indeed.

Unread 25-10-2021, 08:42 AM
Dr Stranger

I thought we had Atalanta this week.

That’s probably worse for him. Thought the CL might provide a bit of safety to him.
Closed Thread