United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 04-10-2023, 06:30 AM
pedr0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
I don’t dislike him. Just pointing out that he’s a huge issue for ten Hag if he doesn’t turn it around. More so than other signings.
yeah agree. he's going to be under huge pressure andn scrutiny now.

it reminds me of when guardiola came in and replaced Joe Hart with claudio bravo, who made mistakes every week and barely saved a shot. of course, it being city they were able to pretty much immediately £#%&! him off and buy ederson..

Unread 04-10-2023, 07:15 AM
Coracao

He's been garbage, but a bit early to completely write him off.

Unread 04-10-2023, 08:00 AM
Sandman

He's not been great, and I don't think anyone was seriously expecting him to be, but the amount of pressure, and clear chances we're allowing teams to have against us would trouble the best of keepers.

Our missing defenders are the main issue, the drop of in quality is too big,

Unread 04-10-2023, 08:08 AM
Hyman_Roth

‘No one was seriously expecting him to be a good goalkeeper?’

Unread 04-10-2023, 08:19 AM
Zorg

At least he can tap dance, apparently.

Unread 04-10-2023, 08:21 AM
magic_cantona

So how do we explain his brilliance at Inter and Balon D'or nomination? If he was never any good, I mean.

Unread 04-10-2023, 08:22 AM
dinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
So how do we explain his brilliance at Inter and Balon D'or nomination? If he was never any good, I mean.
Some people just can't handle playing for United, it's happened for years.

Unread 04-10-2023, 08:25 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
How do we explain Pogba’s brilliance for Juventus in 2013/14, and his Ballon D’Or nomination?

We need to stop buying players from Italy, Germany and England. And possibly Ajax too. Let’s just stop buying players. They’re all shit.

Unread 04-10-2023, 08:27 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
How do we explain Pogba’s brilliance for Juventus in 2013/14, and his Ballon D’Or nomination?

We need to stop buying players from Italy, Germany and England. And possibly Ajax too. Let’s just stop buying players. They’re all shit.

Fair enough.

(I would say a keeper is slightly different tbf)

Unread 04-10-2023, 08:49 AM
believe

We should have gone for Aaron Ramsdale.

Unread 04-10-2023, 08:53 AM
thatsfuctit

The much maligned Taibi was gone after 4 games, including iirc MOM away at Liverpool, and a game at Chelsea where we were collectively shite.

How standards have dropped, and the game has changed, we will be stuck with Ohnono for years on top dollar.

Unread 04-10-2023, 09:48 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
‘No one was seriously expecting him to be a good goalkeeper?’
I want expecting him to be this poor. The most frustrating thing though is that he isn’t even good at the one thing we bought him for - that whole sweeper keeper thing.

Unread 04-10-2023, 10:01 AM
Surfers do Charlie

Let's assess him when he's played 10 games behind the first choice defence.

Any keeper would struggle behind the everchanging rota of shit@#%&!s he's had to play behind.

Unread 04-10-2023, 10:16 AM
armchair

He wouldn't look out of place in women's football.

Unread 04-10-2023, 10:26 AM
History

He dives like a dog on a trampoline, just living his best whilst shots bobble past him

Unread 04-10-2023, 10:30 AM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfers do Charlie
Let's assess him when he's played 10 games behind the first choice defence.

Any keeper would struggle behind the everchanging rota of shit@#%&!s he's had to play behind.
Seen as how Martinez is out until Christmas it's gonna be a long and painful wait.

Unread 04-10-2023, 10:34 AM
Neo

Exclamation

Dunk...

Unread 04-10-2023, 10:47 AM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
He dives like a dog on a trampoline, just living his best whilst shots bobble past him

I’m more concerned with the howler at Munich than last nights. There will always be a pass that goes awol, we knew that. Allison against Madrid last year, Madrids keeper same game, Eidersons had them.

We are still better now at playing out from the back than with dithering Dave.

We’re now better on crosses and he’s pulled some good straight at him saves. Proper defence and he’ll be ok.

Unread 04-10-2023, 11:17 AM
dunk

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...

I’m more concerned with the howler at Munich than last nights. There will always be a pass that goes awol, we knew that. Allison against Madrid last year, Madrids keeper same game, Eidersons had them.

We are still better now at playing out from the back than with dithering Dave.

We’re now better on crosses and he’s pulled some good straight at him saves. Proper defence and he’ll be ok.
Could deffo do with shifting a stone or 2. No wonder he got busted for fat burners

Unread 04-10-2023, 11:29 AM
Sparky***

I don’t think he’ll get back into the team after the afcon.