United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 27-05-2021, 10:10 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
100%

Rashford was shocking. One of the worst performances I’ve ever seen.

Fernandes was gash too. Tbh, I thought mason was alright but he brought him off the thick @#%&!.

They can all get to £#%&! tbh.
Mason was always likely to be the fall guy. He’s as expendable as rashford is untouchable. 19 or not, he was playing better and was more of a threat than Rashford. He should have stayed on.

Unread 27-05-2021, 10:24 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
100%

Rashford was shocking. One of the worst performances I’ve ever seen.

Fernandes was gash too. Tbh, I thought mason was alright but he brought him off the thick @#%&!.

They can all get to £#%&! tbh.
exactly how I feel today.

My biggest fear is that what some of us feared early doors will come to fruition next season. We realistically need three or four players to come in and make themselves first names on the sheet which very rarely works immediately. Add to the fact that there is no way in a million years, Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea etc are playing anywhere as shite as they have done especially post COVID with things back to normal.

Unread 27-05-2021, 10:33 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
exactly how I feel today.

My biggest fear is that what some of us feared early doors will come to fruition next season. We realistically need three or four players to come in and make themselves first names on the sheet which very rarely works immediately. Add to the fact that there is no way in a million years, Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea etc are playing anywhere as shite as they have done especially post COVID with things back to normal.
Is Sylvestre Ole in or Ole out mate?

Unread 27-05-2021, 10:34 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Is Sylvestre Ole in or Ole out mate?
£#%&! knows, I was too drunk to remember

Unread 27-05-2021, 10:38 AM
Sparky***

I think this paragraph from an article by Jonathon Liew sums it up pretty well:

Quote:
Against the seventh-best team in La Liga, the second-best team in the Premier League simply blundered on in the hope that fate would reward them for being Manchester United. Instead, they remain trapped in a sort of suspended reality, a team of big moments who weirdly never seem to win the big moments, a club in eternal transition, convinced that this is the group, these are the players, this is the coach, but that next year is always the year.

Unread 27-05-2021, 10:45 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Describes approx 50% of United fans

The transition thing is a big worry now because I can’t see anything we’ve got to build on. Barring possibly Shaw, Maguire and Bruno I can’t think of one area we’ve improved in. Giving Cavani that year extension is where we are as a club and show what limited ambitions we have.

I’m going all in for England in the Euros because I feel like it’s the only enjoyment we’ll get out of football for a while yet.

It’s 1pm and I’m topping up before the reality (hangover) kicks in properly.

Unread 27-05-2021, 10:45 AM
puressence

Just been for a walk still gutted

Unread 27-05-2021, 10:58 AM
ZiggyStardust

Thumbs down

I’ll leave the Ole thread for my issues with his management last night

He isn’t some tactical genius and never will be
He will always be a coach to rely on his individual attackers to come up with the moments to win the game and sadly none of them got near to their best last night

Greenwood the pick of a bad bunch but even he never really came up with a big moment
Cavani scored and worked hard but everything else was shite from him
Fernandes wasn’t in the game first half and then completely lost his head as the match went on trying to force things
Pogba was meh but he was playing deeper
Rashford utterly appalling, he needs a long look at himself and sort himself out because this isn’t acceptable

The fact The Scottish Player was by far our best player says it all

This group has consistently shown that you can’t trust them in the biggest moments as they will nearly always let you down

Unread 27-05-2021, 11:01 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
The 26th of May, forever in our hearts.
"how am i doing, boss?"

"you've £#%&!ed up my heavenly birthday, you dopey @#%&!"

Unread 27-05-2021, 11:02 AM
jem

Quote:
that's a bit harsh. "convinced that this is the group, these are the players, this is the coach" - no one is convinced of that. everyone knows we need to add 3-4 players, as a minimum. very few people think ole is a top level coach. he's just been a good change from mourinho, demonstrating that pretty much anything would be a good change from mourinho.

Unread 27-05-2021, 11:22 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Just been for a walk still gutted
Same. Same

Unread 27-05-2021, 11:47 AM
dunk

4 finals. Horrifying.

We've deffo got some sort of mental block as a club for some reason

Unread 27-05-2021, 11:51 AM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
I’ll leave the Ole thread for my issues with his management last night

He isn’t some tactical genius and never will be
He will always be a coach to rely on his individual attackers to come up with the moments to win the game and sadly none of them got near to their best last night

Greenwood the pick of a bad bunch but even he never really came up with a big moment
Cavani scored and worked hard but everything else was shite from him
Fernandes wasn’t in the game first half and then completely lost his head as the match went on trying to force things
Pogba was meh but he was playing deeper
Rashford utterly appalling, he needs a long look at himself and sort himself out because this isn’t acceptable

The fact The Scottish Player was by far our best player says it all

This group has consistently shown that you can’t trust them in the biggest moments as they will nearly always let you down
The Scottish Player was excellent. Gutted for him at the end, he bust his nuts for us. Its a shame so many others didn't, especially that lazy @#%&! in CM with him.

Unread 27-05-2021, 11:52 AM
Sparky***

The £#%&!ing super cup

£#%&! off counting that shit

Unread 27-05-2021, 11:52 AM
dunk

Quote:
The £#%&!ing super cup

£#%&! off counting that shit
At least we don't have to lose that to City in August

Unread 27-05-2021, 12:01 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Lindelof. Never a United player. Makes Maguire look like Franco Baresi.
If I had a penny for every time I thought Maguire looked like Franco Baresi

Unread 27-05-2021, 12:48 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
you'd buy a fredo

Unread 27-05-2021, 12:50 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd