United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-03-2023, 11:11 PM
avocado

He’s clearly loving being in the big time. Just look at those pictures at Wembley of him staring into the crowd after the game. Bet he can’t belive what has happened to him, so we shouldn’t be surprised if he gets carried away/doesn’t act like a top red.

Unread 07-03-2023, 11:53 PM
marlo

how does he explain actually following Liverpool football club on Instagram then,

Go and check he still does.

Unread 07-03-2023, 11:56 PM
armchair

Any good videos of him holding the ball up?

What I seem to recall is the ball coming to him and he kicks it up in the air then contests the header which sometimes he wins, sometimes not.

Unread 08-03-2023, 12:00 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Any good videos of him holding the ball up?

What I seem to recall is the ball coming to him and he kicks it up in the air then contests the header which sometimes he wins, sometimes not.
he has no obvious strengths. he isn’t even good in the air or good at making himself a target.

fellaini was about the same stature and you just knew he there or there abouts then cross came into the box, also he receive the ball o his chest and be a target to hit.
He seems to just seconds slower than everyone on the pitch.

I’d say he is possibly our worst ever signing. loan signing or not he is just bad.
and to think he was signed as a striker.

to make things worse he is lying about the winding up VVD thing as he is Liverpool fan
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...e-13103928.amp

Unread 08-03-2023, 12:02 AM
Bunker Buster

Get him out.....

Full on lies...

Unread 08-03-2023, 12:05 AM
MUFC One Love

I thought he was doing an OK job with his work rate, but I can't believe we went to Anfield with him playing behind the striker. Madness, really.

We can't afford to be doing that with this squad.

I know this touching of the sign is something of nothing but it is annoying. Stinks of the past few years. The Liverpool game just shown there's still work to do. De Gea and Shaw turning into their old self.

Unread 08-03-2023, 12:06 AM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
how does he explain actually following Liverpool football club on Instagram then,

Go and check he still does.
I’ve no idea if he does or he doesn’t follow Liverpool or any other number of clubs for that matter on Instagram. Don’t really understand people’s obsession with it. You clearly don’t rate him as a footballer, and you are entitled to your opinion. But his footballing abilities have nothing to do with his (alleged) allegiances. There is no evidence that they have impacted on his performances - I think the last thing you can doubt is the effort he puts in. And don’t forget, most allegiances are an accident of birth or upbringing. That goes for football as much as, for example, religion.

Unread 08-03-2023, 12:13 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado
I’ve no idea if he does or he doesn’t follow Liverpool or any other number of clubs for that matter on Instagram. Don’t really understand people’s obsession with it. You clearly don’t rate him as a footballer, and you are entitled to your opinion. But his footballing abilities have nothing to do with his (alleged) allegiances. There is no evidence that they have impacted on his performances - I think the last thing you can doubt is the effort he puts in. And don’t forget, most allegiances are an accident of birth or upbringing. That goes for football as much as, for example, religion.
well I know he followed Liverpool because I just check just like you so that you have 'no idea"

you are right my dislike for him is purely footballing reasons but its now compounded by the fact the shit #@&%! supports and dreams of playing for Liverpool.

but back to the football.

we went to Anfield in a game we needed to win to keep our slim title chances alive as we played our captain out wide so his position could be occupied by a 30 year old goal shy striker who isn't good enough to even play in the premiership.

he is a cult hero to some which is why they are holding back on a real analysis of his ability.
'he is making others play better'
why cant out striker actually play better than get us a goal or something. is am I a no nothing @#%&! for expecting a striker to actually be goal threat.

Unread 08-03-2023, 12:18 AM
armchair

His hold up play is hugely exaggerated too. He's no Mark Hughes. He does run around closing down people. I thought to myself maybe Ten Hag is using him as an example to Martial, like "look at this useless slow, old guys and how many chances he's making, think about how many you'd make if you did half of his work."

I'd prefer The Scottish Player if we're going to play a donkey up front. He's a failed striker too but he's not as old.

Unread 08-03-2023, 12:23 AM
avocado

Quote:
well I know he followed Liverpool because I just check just like you so that you have 'no idea"

you are right my dislike for him is purely footballing reasons but its now compounded by the fact the shit #@&%! supports and dreams of playing for Liverpool.

but back to the football.

we went to Anfield in a game we needed to win to keep our slim title chances alive as we played our captain out wide so his position could be occupied by a 30 year old goal shy striker who isn't good enough to even play in the premiership.

he is a cult hero to some which is why they are holding back on a real analysis of his ability.
'he is making others play better'
why cant out striker actually play better than get us a goal or something. is am I a no nothing @#%&! for expecting a striker to actually be goal threat.
I’m not even going to try to dissect that. And your own opinion of yourself is entirely a matter for you. But I think it is pretty clear he wasn’t recruited (and is not played) as a striker who would bag us a load of goals. Maybe you should continue in the surveillance thread.

Unread 08-03-2023, 08:10 AM
The taste of...

Can anyone remember what Martials hold up play was like? That @#%&! needs showing the door before WW

What don’t people get about late stop gap loan signings because your main striker is a workshy fraud?

Wasn’t Ole a verm fan?

Pathetic and obvious agenda…. and not for the first time from the wum account

Unread 08-03-2023, 12:26 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...
Can anyone remember what Martials hold up play was like? That @#%&! needs showing the door before WW

What don’t people get about late stop gap loan signings because your main striker is a workshy fraud?

Wasn’t Ole a verm fan?

Pathetic and obvious agenda…. and not for the first time from the wum account
That they shouldn't be starting every game while better players are shunted out of position and that they shouldn't be considered as summer signings?

Unread 08-03-2023, 12:29 PM
dunk

Bruno has been shunted because he’s so unreliable and erratic in general play. Wanders all over the show, doesn’t maintain shape and gives the ball away. That’s on Bruno I’m afraid.

You’d have to ask why all United managers are determined not to go with the third genuine midfielder though. ETH hasn’t even got the excuse of not having one that previous managers have had.

Unread 08-03-2023, 01:06 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Bruno has been shunted because he’s so unreliable and erratic in general play. Wanders all over the show, doesn’t maintain shape and gives the ball away. That’s on Bruno I’m afraid.

You’d have to ask why all United managers are determined not to go with the third genuine midfielder though. ETH hasn’t even got the excuse of not having one that previous managers have had.
It's puzzled me for a few years why managers insist on counting Bruno as part of a midfield 3.

Unread 08-03-2023, 01:22 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
It's puzzled me for a few years why managers insist on counting Bruno as part of a midfield 3.
I’ve been saying it for ages too. He has to be one of the front 3 against anyone decent, really, or you need the 2 best midfielders in the World behind him.

Sunday was screaming for Casemiro, Fred and Sabitzer.

Unread 08-03-2023, 02:03 PM
RedNick80

Quote:
I’ve been saying it for ages too. He has to be one of the front 3 against anyone decent, really, or you need the 2 best midfielders in the World behind him.

Sunday was screaming for Casemiro, Fred and Sabitzer.
I've been saging this forever. Back when Fred and The Scottish Player used to get dogs abuse, fair enough, they were (and still are a bit) shit but playing them with Pogba/Bruno was not enough.

https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showt...83#post5687983

Bald is still best though - he's doing wonders with some of the squad he has to work with eg big Weggy.

Unread 08-03-2023, 02:08 PM
dunk

It was most stark when Pogba played next to one or other of McFred with Bruno in front, yes it could be ace, but it could also be utter carnage. This is what I think we need a proper box to box all rounder next to Cas, ideally. Could also do with a more attack minded genuine midfielder to be the third man in big games, Eriksen could do it, Sabitzer maybe.

Unread 08-03-2023, 02:12 PM
dinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
His hold up play is hugely exaggerated too. He's no Mark Hughes. He does run around closing down people. I thought to myself maybe Ten Hag is using him as an example to Martial, like "look at this useless slow, old guys and how many chances he's making, think about how many you'd make if you did half of his work."

I'd prefer The Scottish Player if we're going to play a donkey up front. He's a failed striker too but he's not as old.
For a big lad he's shit in the air too

Unread 08-03-2023, 02:12 PM
marlo

Quote:
had.
The nerve of you to say that…
Oh so now you say this.

After I’ve been screaming the same for the last two years. Bruno does not play football the way it is suppose to be played. He plays it like basketball.

but nevertheless him as a third midfielder just spamming through balls and late lampard style runs into the box is better than him out wide to play a slow and clumsy donkey in the no10.

Unread 08-03-2023, 02:25 PM
Ethers

Quote:
The nerve of you to say that…
Oh so now you say this.

After I’ve been screaming the same for the last two years. Bruno does not play football the way it is suppose to be played. He plays it like basketball.

but nevertheless him as a third midfielder just spamming through balls and late lampard style runs into the box is better than him out wide to play a slow and clumsy donkey in the no10.
For someone who’s apparently playing a different sport he’s done pretty well this season. Weird.
Closed Thread