Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotaFredsBigShoe
Agreed, in general.
Has this dick head not died yet?

Unread 26-01-2014, 12:51 AM
Luffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel
am i the only one who thinks gundogan isn't the answer? of course we need a mobile cm but i'm not convinced, there are better options.
Like who?

He is my first choice of available targets but given Sahin and kagawa looked like two of the worlds best and bombed massively there's probably a high chance gundogan would do similar.

Unread 26-01-2014, 12:54 AM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
Kurt Zouma?
French lad. Plays for St Etienne. Think he's 20 or 21, physically dominant centre back from the little I've seen of him. Been linked to us, City and Chelsea for the past couple of years.

Unread 26-01-2014, 12:57 AM
rogieop

can we remover the "realistic" from the thread title?

We've just signed mata ffs. who cares about whats realistic!

Unread 26-01-2014, 01:21 AM
razzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley
If we get Mata and Kroos we would comfortable be able to finally have players that make sense when "Tom" is put in front of their surnames, unlike Cleverley

Think there's a good gag in there but pants off and watching Elementary so cba finding it.

Pearls before swine there. £#%&!ing lolz but I have had a few pints of rose tbfslagjuice

Unread 26-01-2014, 01:36 AM
Camel

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
Like who?

He is my first choice of available targets but given Sahin and kagawa looked like two of the worlds best and bombed massively there's probably a high chance gundogan would do similar.
ryan giggs

Unread 26-01-2014, 01:44 AM
Sparky***

So do we have any definitive targets because at the moment there's about half a dozen names flying about

Unread 26-01-2014, 01:50 AM
bobbledinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
So do we have any definitive targets because at the moment there's about half a dozen names flying about
Moyes being at the Munich/Mönchengladbach match last night with Kroos agent has seen him linked by a lot of papers. But the same agent represents Patrick Hermann who we've linked with the last week or so. Plays for Mönchengladbach. Would seem a more probable deal this week.

Owen spouting off like an ITK is interesting. Reckon he knows something about Cabaye.

Unread 26-01-2014, 01:51 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Jian

Kroos would be awesome, but Bayern are a bitch to negotiate with even if he has only got a year left on his contract.
Aren't they just. They have spent an absolute shed load recently though so they may be a bit more willing to take the cash than in previous years

Unread 26-01-2014, 02:12 AM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbledinho
Moyes being at the Munich/Mönchengladbach match last night with Kroos agent has seen him linked by a lot of papers. But the same agent represents Patrick Hermann who we've linked with the last week or so. Plays for Mönchengladbach. Would seem a more probable deal this week.

Owen spouting off like an ITK is interesting. Reckon he knows something about Cabaye.
Hermann is a winger isn't he? Surely we're not signing another wide man before Young/Nani leave...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Aren't they just. They have spent an absolute shed load recently though so they may be a bit more willing to take the cash than in previous years
Would love it if they did. I think its more likely to happen in the Summer if it does with Goetze taking the AM position permanently, and Lewandowski being their no.9. But overall surely they'd rather have the squad depth. And Pep loves a midfielder doesn't he?

I think Cabaye is more likely. Vidal/Gundogan would require something massive although Juve are out of the Champions League....

Unread 26-01-2014, 02:15 AM
Sparky***

Anyway here's a euro-dance youtube vid of das kroos

Unread 26-01-2014, 02:18 AM
Whip Hubley

Please stop with the Kroos talk. I've got a constant chubby. And it's singing Deutschland Uber Alles at me.

Unread 26-01-2014, 02:23 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnome Chomsky
If so Moyes is showing suspiciously well placed interest.

It feels odd, shouldn't we be complaining that he's lining ip a £18m bid for Shane Long or something? These players are all too good to be modern United signings.
Amazing what happens when the glazers' income streams are threatened.

The debt is manageable now. The club's making 130 million profit this year, so they have 100 million spare every season to do with whatever they want, and that's before any player sales. So they have the ability and financial flexibility to invest in top players, and we will now start to win our fair share of transfer battles with the top rich clubs for the top talent. For a short while. The problem is they will invest the minimum they can get away with, like always, so as soon as top four looks guaranteed again for the foreseeable future, the no value line will make a return and we'll go back to just pretending to chase top players whilst somehow constantly missing out again. And that 100 million that's free for them to do what they want each season will find its way elsewhere. Until the next time the income streams are threatened.

Unread 26-01-2014, 02:29 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogieop
can we remover the "realistic" from the thread title?

We've just signed mata ffs. who cares about whats realistic!
Anyone's realistic when the club is allowed to spend the money it earns on players. Such is the club's desperation to not be outside the top four for long, looks like the glazers are going to allow the club to punch its size for a while.

Unread 26-01-2014, 06:51 AM
janners

Looks like the media is being well briefed. Most journos/papers saying most likely there will be 2 more signings, 1 left back and central midfielder.

Central Midfielder...

Delaney

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...-united-to-be-
greeted-by-a-smiling-david-moyes-ahead-of-chelsea-exit-9085147.html

Duncan Castles

http://sulia.com/channel/soccer/f/e6..._factor=mobile

Jamie Jackson

"would not be surprised if more additions this window for #mufc club means business. summer will show that too..."

Unread 26-01-2014, 12:28 PM
Vedder

Kroos and Reus in the summer according to the telegraph.

Unread 26-01-2014, 12:33 PM
Switching Off

Duncan Castles also says this:

The situation of Glen Johnson, told he can only extend his Liverpool contract if he accepts a drop in his £130,000 pw wages, also interests.

Unread 26-01-2014, 12:37 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Kroos and Reus in the summer according to the telegraph.
Would be unreal...

But what the hell would we do with Reus? Swap him Kagawa and fit him in where..?

Kroos has a year left on his contract, but he would still cost a fortune. £35m at least I reckon.

Unread 26-01-2014, 12:42 PM
Vedder

Duncan Castles thinks we're after 6 players and are looking at Reus, Kroos, Fernando, Shaw, Pogba, Guarin and Dante.

Unread 26-01-2014, 12:44 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Jian
Would be unreal...

But what the hell would we do with Reus? Swap him Kagawa and fit him in where..?

Kroos has a year left on his contract, but he would still cost a fortune. £35m at least I reckon.
Reus right, Andan left, Mata middle and one of RvP or Rooney up top Kroos & Carrick sitting...

Ddg

Rafael Jones Subotic* Shaw

Carrick Kroos

Reus Mata Januzaj

RvP

*Or somebody else suitable.
Closed Thread