United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 29-07-2010, 10:37 AM
Lok

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* Manchester United Pre-Season Tour of Americaland Thread *Fixtures and ting*

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
i don't agree with this. there's nothing worse than watching united try to walk it into the net when it's 0-0 for 90 minutes. he will develop and mature to eradicate the poor decision making in the final third, but there's no way you should be stopping a lad from shooting from outside the box cos quite frankly we don't do it enough.

look at the number of goals chelsea score from outside the box. it's because they £#%&!ing shoot.

when's the last time wayne had a shot outside the box? that used to be a big part of his game, and although he's vastly improved his in-the-box game he needs to stop ignoring his ability to £#%&!ing bury one from 35 yards
I think we have a good balance when it comes to build up play/taking a long shot. 9 out of 10 times a long shot will do nothing but hand the opposition the ball, so a long range shot should always be a last resort. With Gibson, it's the only thing he ever has in mind. I can't remember him ever picking out a player through on goal with a clever pass.

Unread 29-07-2010, 10:47 AM
Barcabal

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* Manchester United Pre-Season Tour of Americaland Thread *Fixtures and ting*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Quick question: Are you Irish?

I've not met a single non-Irish person who rates Gibson in the slightest.

He doesn't have a good shot on him, he can hit the ball hard. That's pretty much the sum of his football talent. Sometimes (when he's lucky) they fly in the top corner, more often than not they fly over the stand somewhere near the corner flag.

If he continues to get games next season, I'll honestly fear for his life. Rooney will kill him after he takes his 10th pot shot from 30 yards whilst others are in space.

No im from a little village In Chad.
He has sweet shot on him imo and hopefully he can add that 'extra' quality that makes him a Utd player.
Fergie likes him and I trust him before your anti Utd rhetoric tbf mate.

Unread 29-07-2010, 10:50 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcabal
No im from a little village In Chad.
He has sweet shot on him imo and hopefully he can add that 'extra' quality that makes him a Utd player.
Fergie likes him and I trust him before your anti Utd rhetoric tbf mate.
Not anti-United at all. I've just been watching football long enough to know how things work.

Unread 29-07-2010, 10:56 AM
dunk

I've only seen the goals, I'll give the game a peruse this evening.

Thought Macheda took both his goals well, showed sharpness and composure.

Gibbo's free kick was excellent, barely seemed to have a run up either. He does look heavy though.

Cleverly took his goal brilliantly, I like him, have done since he was 15-16 in the youth & reserve teams, has that undefinable something that drives him on. I remember him being written off on here along with Danny Drinkwater because they are #@&%!s and won't ever be good enough something to do with haircuts and choice of clothes

Pea's finish was £#%&!ing brilliant, calm as you like. Can't teach that.

Unread 29-07-2010, 10:56 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
What the £#%&! are you on about? You are so £#%&!ing touchy when it comes to Gibson, it's £#%&!ing weird.

By the way, I'm not playing people off against eachother but one way of assessing players and their likely role in the squad is to compare them to others in the squad. That's just logical?
am i £#%&!

it's just always the same with you - o'shea, fletcher, now gibson. always on someone's £#%&!ing back.

just give it a rest you #@&%!

Unread 29-07-2010, 10:58 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
am i £#%&!

it's just always the same with you - o'shea, fletcher, now gibson. always on someone's £#%&!ing back.

just give it a rest you #@&%!
Oh get a grip, go and slag welbeck or summat.

I have never been on O 'Shea's back by the way, I just blew him once.

Unread 29-07-2010, 11:04 AM
Barcabal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Not ant-United at all. I've just been watching football long enough to know how things work.
when he bangs in some more screamers for Utd ill be sure to remind you .

Unread 29-07-2010, 11:05 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcabal
when he bangs in some more screamers for Utd Reserves ill be sure to remind you .
I look forward to it.

BTW: Where the £#%&! is Chad?!? Africa?

Unread 29-07-2010, 11:06 AM
Harri Jaffa

Link to goals please

Unread 29-07-2010, 11:06 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Link to goals please
http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/6402737/

Unread 29-07-2010, 11:07 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Link to goals please

Unread 29-07-2010, 11:14 AM
toseeunited

Unread 29-07-2010, 11:17 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:

Ben Amos is taller than Wikipedia suggests.

Unread 29-07-2010, 11:19 AM
Part 36 Offer

cleverley will be a top player.

Unread 29-07-2010, 11:19 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
the kids have been performing well and progressing for a few years. all that's changed was one result against the £#%&!ing mls all stars

first game on tour - smalling looks great, diouf might have a future, welbeck is class, obertan looking good, looking forward to the season

second game on tour - smalling is a joke, diouf is dogshit, the kids are collectively £#%&! and can't be relied upon, city are going to be champions

third game on tour

it's £#%&!ing hilarious tbh. it's like sparky's infected the forum as a whole with whatever it is he's been suffering from for the last few years.
That's 2nd time in as many days you've singled me out. Have I done something to upset you?

Unread 29-07-2010, 11:20 AM
Barcabal

Originally Posted by Barcabal View Post
when he bangs in some more screamers for Utd Reserves ill be sure to remind you .
I look forward to it.

You £#%&!er!!

BTW: Where the £#%&! is Chad?!? Africa?

Think so last time i looked. I think a sark mark was needed after that statement.
Just didn't understand the relevance of the "where your from question?"
im sure some Utd Irish fans dont rate Gibbo but still hope the best for him

Unread 29-07-2010, 11:21 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
cleverley will be a top player.
Agreed, was excellent last night, quick, good and inventive passer, makes great runs into the box and scored an absolute peach.

Unread 29-07-2010, 11:22 AM
toseeunited

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Ben Amos is taller than Wikipedia suggests.
he's only 20 as well so still growing...

looks more like smalling's height in that pic - 6ft 4"

Unread 29-07-2010, 11:23 AM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
the kids have been performing well and progressing for a few years. all that's changed was one result against the £#%&!ing mls all stars

first game on tour - smalling looks great, diouf might have a future, welbeck is class, obertan looking good, looking forward to the season

second game on tour - smalling is a joke, diouf is dogshit, the kids are collectively £#%&! and can't be relied upon, city are going to be champions

third game on tour

it's £#%&!ing hilarious tbh. it's like sparky's infected the forum as a whole with whatever it is he's been suffering from for the last few years.
tbf i think most people were just talking in context of the matches, not overall.
most were shit against kansas but great last night.
but dont let that get in the way of your childish point scoring.

Unread 29-07-2010, 11:24 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
he's only 20 as well so still growing...

looks more like smalling's height in that pic - 6ft 4"
Aye, think Wikipedia said more like 6' 1". No chance that's right. Fergie seems pretty positive about his future. From Macc too.