United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 15-08-2023, 01:39 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Every year the August games are a shit show, or up and down at best, we never get going until after the International break. Usually as a result of a shit pre-season filled with too much travelling and not enough football.

Feel free to point out a season we’ve won the first 3 or 4 games straight.

Not saying it’s right btw, just saying it’s always the same.
Not even sure what your argument here is.

I just know top sides don't say the season starts after the international break in September after over 10% of league games are played. We aren't in the 1990s anymore.

Unread 15-08-2023, 01:39 PM
dunk

Well, given none of those you mentioned have ever posted attacking stats for goals and assists to rival anything Mount has produced I think you may be incorrect.

The manager clearly feels he can play a role with more defensive responsibility, writing him off before he’s kicked a ball and asking the manager to entirely change what he does with his team is probably going to be unfulfilling for you.

Unread 15-08-2023, 01:40 PM
Bunker Buster

That video clip

Unread 15-08-2023, 01:41 PM
marlo

Quote:
If you go off xG, which I’m assuming is why you’re saying we should’ve been beaten by Wolves, Arsenal should’ve lost to Forest.
no I’m going if the eye test.

The fact a team with a no manager came to OT with a bunch of average joes and outplayed us.

23 shots they had. 23. At OT. At our fortress.

Unread 15-08-2023, 01:41 PM
Coracao

Dunk accusing others of having agendas btw

Not sure there is anyone worse on here for they outside big Marls

Unread 15-08-2023, 01:42 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Not even sure what your argument here is.

I just know top sides don't say the season starts after the international break in September after over 10% of league games are played. We aren't in the 1990s anymore.
I’m saying every season United are the same. Slow starters, undercooked, dropping points, they don’t get going until after the transfer window closes and the international break is over.

Unread 15-08-2023, 01:42 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
if you watch the very end, mount then raises his arms in response to casemiro as if to say "what else could i do but pass it back?" - really embarrassing for mount here being exposed as someone with literally no testicles. seems like a tiny thing but we're meant to be splitting teams open playing from the back, accept the ball in any position, under pressure etc. if ever a clip highlighted why someone is not utd caliber this may be it
Think you’re going ever so slightly over the top. It’s 15 minutes into his United debut, he calls for the ball in what he thinks is space, but then realised he’s getting pressed. Decides to play it safe rather than trying something riskier on the edge of his own box. Completely understandable, nobody wants their debut to be remembered for a £#%&!-up.

Unread 15-08-2023, 01:43 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
no I’m going if the eye test.

The fact a team with a no manager came to OT with a bunch of average joes and outplayed us.

23 shots they had. 23. At OT. At our fortress.
3 on target wasn’t it? Just shooting from anywhere, it means £#%&! all.

They’ve got a manager. They’ve got plenty of decent players, they were clearly fit and up for it. They got beat.

Unread 15-08-2023, 01:43 PM
marlo

Quote:
wanted the ball is a stretch, the man is a coward

look at this clip where he asks for the ball then is so petrified, he gives it straight back

https://imgur.com/4gzjnq7

and note casemiro's reaction, he can't believe what he's seeing, you know he's thinking to himself "why present for the ball if you dont have the balls to play, who is this £#%&!ing coward we have signed"

The man that is gonna transform our midfield and help us score more goals.

That’s him!

Unread 15-08-2023, 01:45 PM
silv

Quote:
wanted the ball is a stretch, the man is a coward

look at this clip where he asks for the ball then is so petrified, he gives it straight back

https://imgur.com/4gzjnq7

and note casemiro's reaction, he can't believe what he's seeing, you know he's thinking to himself "why present for the ball if you dont have the balls to play, who is this £#%&!ing coward we have signed"
£#%&! sake is that it??

Unread 15-08-2023, 01:45 PM
jem

Quote:
Well, given none of those you mentioned have ever posted attacking stats for goals and assists to rival anything Mount has produced I think you may be incorrect.

The manager clearly feels he can play a role with more defensive responsibility, writing him off before he’s kicked a ball and asking the manager to entirely change what he does with his team is probably going to be unfulfilling for you.
I'm not writing him off. also, having an opinion is not the same as expecting everything to change. we need a stronger midfield. 10h will either realise this or he will be unfulfilled, as will we all.

Unread 15-08-2023, 01:46 PM
ScarFace

Thumbs down

English. Shit. Stop signing them ffs.

Unread 15-08-2023, 02:00 PM
Patty_b

Never understood why fans want players to fail so badly.

So much so that they'll clip and upload a short video that shows him running deep to collect the ball, and then play it back to his keeper when no-one else in the team can be arsed moving to make themselves available, 20 minutes into his debut in a new team.

Proper odd-ball behaviour.

Of all the players that could get shit over their performance yesterday, in a game that we £#%&!ing won I hasten to add, Mount's not one of them. Dunk hit the nail on the head earlier where he mentioned Garnacho getting a free pass for what was an abysmal performance, but people want to pile in on Mount because they set their stall out before they'd seen him kick a competitive ball for us. Not that I think Garnacho should be getting any shit mind...

Unread 15-08-2023, 02:06 PM
BigJim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Uncontrollable ego. They'd rather us be shit than them be wrong.

Unread 15-08-2023, 02:16 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Garnacho isn’t ready to be starting regularly yet imo. All his best performances have come from the bench pretty much
He shouldn't be starting every week, but he should be getting his fair share of starts over the course of the season. His main objective this season needs to be impacting games where he is given the nod (10HAG noted this last season). Maybe he'd be better starting away from home to begin with where we are likely to utilise his strengths more (counter).

Given his performance the previous week, I always thought he would start yesterday. He just had an absolute stinker. Wasn't alone though tbf, tho he probably was the standout.

Unread 15-08-2023, 02:18 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:

So much so that they'll clip and upload a short video that shows him running deep to collect the ball, and then play it back to his keeper when no-one else in the team can be arsed moving to make themselves available, 20 minutes into his debut in a new team.

Of all the players that could get shit over their performance yesterday, in a game that we £#%&!ing won I hasten to add, Mount's not one of them. Dunk hit the nail on the head earlier where he mentioned Garnacho getting a free pass for what was an abysmal performance, but people want to pile in on Mount because they set their stall out before they'd seen him kick a competitive ball for us. Not that I think Garnacho should be getting any shit mind...
But Garnacho didn’t get a free pass. The match thread last night repeatedly mentioned that the lad was possibly having the worst game of his career and probably shouldn’t have started.

Mount’s getting all the attention here because it’s his thread, he’s our star signing, it was his debut and he’s the only new player to play last night.

Unread 15-08-2023, 02:24 PM
marlo

Quote:

imagine us talking about a players performance in his OWN thread where we are meant to discuss his performance

just because we signed him doesnt make him good all of a sudden. he was average at Chelsea and average now. the fact we spent half our budget on a player we don't need and won't even be in the team if we sign another midfield says it all.

imagine if we sign amrabat, we play him with cas and bruno
then late on in a game where we need to be bit more cute and clever who do you bring on to unlock the defence? eriksen right.

we also help our rival improve their midfield by buying off them a player that they didnt want and would pay the money he wanted.

Unread 15-08-2023, 02:24 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
But Garnacho didn’t get a free pass. The match thread last night repeatedly mentioned that the lad was possibly having the worst game of his career and probably shouldn’t have started.
Not many mentions from this morning onwards in the match thread, which can't be said about Mount. And there is a Garnacho thread somewhere but that hasn't been bumped.

Quote:
Mount’s getting all the attention here because it’s his thread, he’s our star signing, it was his debut and he’s the only new player to play last night.
Star signing? Who's considered him a 'star signing' ffs? Other than the clubs PR department that celebrated partnering with a tractor company like it was a new signing a few years back.

And the point is that Mount was nowhere near the worst player on the pitch in red last night, not that you'd know that reading the slew of over the top schadenfreude on here so far today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
imagine us talking about a players performance in his OWN thread where we are meant to discuss his performance

just because we signed him doesnt make him good all of a sudden. he was average at Chelsea and average now. the fact we spent half our budget on a player we don't need and won't even be in the team if we sign another midfield says it all.

imagine if we sign amrabat, we play him with cas and bruno
then late on in a game where we need to be bit more cute and clever who do you bring on to unlock the defence? eriksen right.

we also help our rival improve their midfield by buying off them a player that they didnt want and would pay the money he wanted.
I could be serving life in solitary confinement and it would still be an utter waste of time to take anything you post seriously.

Unread 15-08-2023, 02:27 PM
jem

Quote:
never understood why someone would totally make this up.

Quote:
damn you and your searchable facts.

Unread 15-08-2023, 02:30 PM
Coracao

Tbf, people probably aren't bumping the Garnacho thread as he is 19 and it is only about his 6th start in the PL.