United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-06-2010, 05:53 PM
Baron

Default Re: The World Cup

New England mascot just revealed on Sky news..... No Fun will probably expire if he even claps eyes on this so it's going in here...

Spoiler:
click to showhide
click to showhide

Unread 08-06-2010, 05:53 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson

One thing occurred to me with all the 'bringing the world together' hype....the three most populous countries in the world (China, India, and the US) don't give much of a £#%&! about it.

So there's that.
Mainly cos they are utter shit at it though, tbf. If India and China thought they were any good at it, you'd never hear the end of it

Unread 08-06-2010, 05:54 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Mainly cos they are utter shit at it though, tbf. If India and China thought they were any good at it, you'd never hear the end of it
When they beat spain, americans everywhere across all forums became 'soccer experts'

Unread 08-06-2010, 05:56 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
New England mascot just revealed on Sky news..... No Fun will probably expire if he even claps eyes on this so it's going in here...

Spoiler:
click to showhide
click to showhide

Unread 08-06-2010, 05:58 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
When they beat spain, americans everywhere across all forums became 'soccer experts'
Wait until they beat England on Saturday, they will give a shit then

Unread 08-06-2010, 06:25 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
i'll stick with tactical imagination and flexibility tbh

the biggest failing was possibly the failure to adapt during matches

i admit that most of this basically comes down to the calls Ferguson made over the 4 games with Milan and Bayern. and yes it's true that Park was a key man against Milan. however, that should be seen in its true context, particularly that Milan were 1-0 going on 4-0 before we fluked a leveller over there, and at home they had such bad defensive problems that Ferguson basically dismissed the match afterwards as meaningless.

taking it further you can see that we were outplayed at home by Arsenal and Chelsea, played well on the counter at Arsenal but could quite easily have left with a draw at best, were only as good as we needed to be at home to the vermin (very average) and failed to score at Chelsea (albeit unfortunately). on the flip side of course we used more conventional tactics at Anfield and were completely ineffectual. then again, i would argue (!) that Ferguson should not have used those tactics at Anfield at all.
I know you are playing devil's advocate to an extent, but that really *isn't* true, you know

Unread 08-06-2010, 06:25 PM
Adz

Is there anything knocking about online that gives info on who takes all the pens / free kicks etc for each team?

Unread 08-06-2010, 06:38 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz
Is there anything knocking about online that gives info on who takes all the pens / free kicks etc for each team?
Best i can find and its fairly shit http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...l?action=Popup

Unread 08-06-2010, 06:43 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Best i can find and its fairly shit http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...l?action=Popup
Switchers, you may not know, but I'm intrigued...

Did she squirt in the jar?

Unread 08-06-2010, 06:45 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
I know you are playing devil's advocate to an extent, but that really *isn't* true, you know
it really is true. they had a flurry towards the end for a start off, including Gallas missing an open goal from 6yds

Unread 08-06-2010, 06:46 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Switchers, you may not know, but I'm intrigued...

Did she squirt in the jar?
I dont know mate. Grubes might tell you but I think he was scarred for life, and scared off cam4 too.

Unread 08-06-2010, 06:46 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
I dont know mate. Grubes might tell you but I think he was scarred for life, and scared off cam4 too.

Unread 08-06-2010, 07:04 PM
MrBishi

Quality WC calendar from Marca
http://www.marca.com/deporte/futbol/...o-english.html

Unread 08-06-2010, 07:05 PM
Sparky***

so the yanks are going to be out to 'wind up rooney' are they? Like rooney needs anyone to wind him up. he does it himself.

Unread 08-06-2010, 07:07 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
so the yanks are going to be out to 'wind up rooney' are they? Like rooney needs anyone to wind him up. he does it himself.
He'll get sent off at some point, no doubt. He's like Keano, there's a screw loose up there

Unread 08-06-2010, 07:26 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
it really is true. they had a flurry towards the end for a start off, including Gallas missing an open goal from 6yds
Yes, they missed chances - and so did we. It could just as easily, if not more so, finished 5 or even 6-1 to us

Unread 08-06-2010, 07:32 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
i'd agree with that. this was supposed to be the toughest group but portugal and ivory coast are in such a state that it will probably be one of the easiest for the top team (ie brazil).

the mexico - uruaguay - france - s africa group looks a cracker to me. i could see two of that four going through.

Unread 08-06-2010, 08:37 PM
Sloane

seems like most of the keepers are having a go at the ball

lloris the latest

does fly a bit when you see the behind the goal angle

Unread 09-06-2010, 01:10 AM
Mark Corrigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi
Mega