United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-12-2015, 12:20 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
they were a well prepared team ...ie last season

for the main this year they have been £#%&!ing gash and Koeman has been found out

good win tonight for the c***s but it's been hit and miss from Klopp so far
hit and miss?

he hasn't spend any money or had a transfer and has beat the champions of last season, thrashed the best team in the league in their own back yard and won comfortable at a ground that most teams find hard to go....

All this with a squad that is as average as they come......

Unread 03-12-2015, 12:22 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
hit and miss?

he hasn't spend any money or had a transfer and has beat the champions of last season, thrashed the best team in the league in their own back yard and won comfortable at a ground that most teams find hard to go....

Every team is beating the Champions of last season.

They were under the kosh 2nd half against City too, if City had scored a second early 2nd half they'd have fallen to pieces.

Some good results, but they're still average players. We'll be fighting it out with City while they'll struggle to get in the top 4 (and fail).

£#%&! em.

Unread 03-12-2015, 12:22 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
hit and miss?

And looked distinctly average in all their homes games...

Unread 03-12-2015, 12:24 AM
Ethers

Quote:
hit and miss?

Alternatively, he's beaten a side 2 places outside the relegation zone, been beaten at home by Crystal Palace, got a convincing 3pts at City, and beaten a struggling Southampton in the milk cup.

Hit and miss is pretty fair tbh.

Unread 03-12-2015, 12:26 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
And looked distinctly average in all their homes games...
And still only lost one of them

What's his actual record?

Is it one defeat? 'Hit and miss' seems more like one defeat, a couple of uninspiring draws and three very impressive away results.

But if city had scored a second then they'd be shit again.
.... they won £#%&!ing 4-1

Unread 03-12-2015, 12:26 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Of course they're not irrelevant, Liverpool will never be irrelevant to us.

Any kind of good start for him was only going to be fuel for the anti LVG mob on here anyway.
He has barely been mentioned by the people who I assume you consider the "anti lvg mob".

If it was any other club he was at, he would be getting mentioned a lot more. Not just by the "anti lvg mob" but by the cardie crew as well.

It doesnt look good when Van Gaal is in the media talking about paying record fees for cristiano ronaldo while klopp says the premier league is too obsessed with buying players and that he prefers to focus on coaching and how to make the players you already have better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface

Is it one defeat? 'Hit and miss' seems more like one defeat, a couple of uninspiring draws and three very impressive away results.

7 wins in their last 8 games. Very hit and miss.
Meanwhile over at United, 4 wins in 11 games.

Unread 03-12-2015, 12:28 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Alternatively, he's beaten a side 2 places outside the relegation zone, been beaten at home by Crystal Palace, got a convincing 3pts at City, and beaten a struggling Southampton in the milk cup.

Hit and miss is pretty fair tbh.
Rodgers also battered a fair few big teams during his time.

They've got a great next two games to build more confidence against Sion and Newcastle, but their matches over Christmas and New Year are much tougher. Plenty of sides who sit deep play on the break. Hopefully they find that a tough period.

Quote:

We don't lose many games either. I thought it was how you play that dictates perception

Unread 03-12-2015, 12:34 AM
Switching Off

God help us when they put 9 past Newcastle at the weekend

saffers

Quote:
Tbf Rodgers only beat one of the traditional top 4 away in his 3 years+ at the club. (3-0 over United in March 2014).

Klopp took only a few weeks to beat that with his wins at chelsea and city. Obviously chelsea in a state, but so were united in that solitary rodgers win.

Billy Redface

Quote:

They've got a great next two games to build more confidence against Sion and Newcastle, but their matches over Christmas and New Year are much tougher. Plenty of sides who sit deep play on the break. Hopefully they find that a tough period.

We don't lose many games either. I thought it was how you play that dictates perception
I've no doubt they'll £#%&! up plenty and Klopp will have a few 'back down to earth' moments, but the irritating thing from my point of view is how quickly he seems to have got his message across.

He doesn't seem complicated but we knew all about what his dortmund side were like and he's got Liverpool playing the same way in just a few short weeks and it's already showing very promising signs with a painfully average squad.

I'm not anti-lvg either. I think he's fantastic and I still trust him long-term, but one can't help but at another insipid display as we're told 'it takes time ' whole Klopp gurns his message right up the Liverpool's players arses within a few weeks.

Unread 03-12-2015, 12:35 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers

7 wins in their last 8 games. Very hit and miss.
I defeat in 11 games for United

Unread 03-12-2015, 12:36 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:

They're two months down the line, we're 18 months. And largely, they've played in pretty exciting games.

That reply was in the context of them being hit and miss. They haven't. For what he inherited, the timescale and some of their fixtures, they've been more hit than miss.

Unread 03-12-2015, 12:37 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
I've no doubt they'll £#%&! up plenty and Klopp will have a few 'back down to earth' moments, but the irritating thing from my point of view is how quickly he seems to have got his message across.

He doesn't seem complicated but we knew all about what his dortmund side were like and he's got Liverpool playing the same way in just a few short weeks and it's already showing very promising signs with a painfully average squad.

I'm not anti-lvg either. I think he's fantastic and I still trust him long-term, but one can't help but at another insipid display as we're told 'it takes time ' whole Klopp gurns his message right up the Liverpool's players arses within a few weeks.
You could easily argue his message won't sustain long term success to the extent Van Gaals will/might.

It's not as if he invented pressing and running really fast, and it's not as if it can't be effective on occasion, but that doesn't mean it's going to make them a threat to the major trophies.

Unread 03-12-2015, 12:37 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
I defeat in 11 games for United
Draws are like defeats for us. Esp that psv game...

Unread 03-12-2015, 12:38 AM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
He lost to Palace and needed a scabby penalty to beat Swansea. Good results against Chelsea and City on paper but they'll be hit and miss all season. They're no threat to us.
They may well be. I don't think anyone is suggesting they're going to win the league, but the point is he's not been there long, hasn't signed a single player and they're already far more attack minded than United are 18 months since tiny balls took over.

Positive, aggressive football works in the premier league, as evidenced by Frogson's various United teams over the years. The painful irony of watching Van Gaal completely ignore that at the same club, and try to scab wins by the odd goal by boring the opposition to death really does take the piss.

Quote:
That will be his big challenge. He's got a pacey energetic frontline which suits him. But last season it all fell apart when he tried to introduce a more patient style to conserve energy. This result may see teams across the board play deep against them. He needs to have the answers for every scenario.
Did he? Or maybe the players were just £#%&!ed from years of aggressive pressing and running.

Certainly not something United players will have to worry about

Unread 03-12-2015, 12:38 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
He has barely been mentioned by the people who I assume you consider the "anti lvg mob".

If it was any other club he was at, he would be getting mentioned a lot more. Not just by the "anti lvg mob" but by the cardie crew as well.

It doesnt look good when Van Gaal is in the media talking about paying record fees for cristiano ronaldo while klopp says the premier league is too obsessed with buying players and that he prefers to focus on coaching and how to make the players you already have better.
The fact is United don't look good at the moment, everyone is frustrated and angry. Any positive results or performances by a bitter rival are going to be magnified.

I can't sit here and say everything's going to be rosy under van gaal because I have no idea how it'll turn out. All we can do is hope for the best.

Of course Klopp has made Liverpool better. A young squad, full of energy with plenty of pace in it, it was ideal for him to transfer his style onto. You'd have to be an idiot to think he wouldn't improve them. Has he done better than expected? Definitely.

But people on here have agendas that must be maintained at all times. When things happen that don't fit in with that, they go quiet or disappear. Any chance to bang their drum or say 'i told you so' and they come out from under their rocks. There is no winning because these people have already lost because part of them, even if they won't admit it, derides a bit of smugness from United struggling because they get to give it the biggun on a £#%&!ing internet forum.

Unread 03-12-2015, 12:39 AM
Ethers

Quote:
10 points from 15 in the league.

Meanwhile over at United, 9 points from 15.

Night and day tbf.

Unread 03-12-2015, 12:40 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
You could easily argue his message won't sustain long term success to the extent Van Gaals will/might.

It's not as if he invented pressing and running really fast, and it's not as if it can't be effective on occasion, but that doesn't mean it's going to make them a threat to the major trophies.
Yes. You could argue all of that and only time will tell. But we're specifically discussing his start and trying to discredit 4-1 wins at city simply because it's Liverpool just seems churlish.

Unread 03-12-2015, 12:41 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

That's fair enough, but it's also the case that we are talking about three matches here. Their home games have been distinctly unimpressive by all accounts. Klopp's style is definitely likely to take advantage if the opposition are making mistakes. But history has shown it can be over reliant on the opposition making mistakes, and when they're compact and organised it's a lot less effective.

They should batter Newcastle on Sunday, but let's see how they get on after that against Sunderland, Leicester and West Ham.

Unread 03-12-2015, 12:42 AM
Switching Off

You'd have to say that Liverpool are playing to somewhere close to their full potential too. We're nowhere near it. What will hold us back is the manager persisting with this style of play that fans and players clearly don't like, but more likely, he'll adapt to the criticism, or something will click (injuries to key players aren't helping) and we'll improve.

Any of the players like Mane and Robben that we're being linked with would see us improve in January. They won't be anywhere close to signing a big player to improve them.
Closed Thread