United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-05-2012, 10:46 PM
Crumps

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP
It matters a lot when people acting like we're complete dog turd and City are lightyears ahead of us. The league table says otherwise.

The fact is, if Vidic hadn't suffered that injury we'd have beaten City to the league title by a number of points, nevermind goal difference. If the roles were reversed and they'd lost Kompany for the season, we'd probably have had it wrapped up by April.
A £#%&!ing Men.

MVP by name, MVP by nature.

Unread 09-05-2012, 11:03 PM
NinoyAquino

We'll win the league next season and another trophy on top of that. Maybe even number 4.

I'm normally firmly in the doom camp but this will reinvigorate Fergie and the players who to a man have got complacent this season.

City winning the league the way they have done smarts so much I'd imagine it's akin to your wife and kid moving in with your best mate. However, number 20 this season would have been papering over the cracks and now I've written it off (the league) can't help but feel this capitulation will be the kick up the arse the club has needed. Regardless of the debts those parasites aren't stupid enough not to sanction 50 million on players. We'll sign a decent midfielder and a left back and that will be enough IMO.

Unread 10-05-2012, 12:40 AM
Agent Dale Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinoyAquino
We'll win the league next season and another trophy on top of that. Maybe even number 4.

I'm normally firmly in the doom camp but this will reinvigorate Fergie and the players who to a man have got complacent this season.

City winning the league the way they have done smarts so much I'd imagine it's akin to your wife and kid moving in with your best mate. However, number 20 this season would have been papering over the cracks and now I've written it off (the league) can't help but feel this capitulation will be the kick up the arse the club has needed. Regardless of the debts those parasites aren't stupid enough not to sanction 50 million on players. We'll sign a decent midfielder and a left back and that will be enough IMO.
But they did that last summer and Fergie failed to address the midfield despite one player retiring, one being released and another having a serious illness. It wouldn't shock me if he signed nobody if Pogba stays on. It's frustrating because if we had signed a good central midfielder this season I think we'd have been champions.

Unread 10-05-2012, 12:50 AM
Ethers

Proper cringe to see United fans coming out with the points total and "If we'd had ..... fit" excuses. Rawk here we come.

Unread 10-05-2012, 12:56 AM
Agent Dale Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Blazini
Proper cringe to see United fans coming out with the points total and "If we'd had ..... fit" excuses. Rawk here we come.
Just firing up Excel to start a Par League...

Unread 10-05-2012, 01:10 AM
Sparky***

"they aren't that far ahead of us"
"our owners will spend x amount on players"
"next year we'll win the league"

That all sounds very, very familiar. :shakehead:

Unread 10-05-2012, 01:14 AM
Stickman

Thumbs down

If we dont sign a midfielder this time, we will slip into 3rd imo.

Unread 10-05-2012, 03:00 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP
It matters a lot when people acting like we're complete dog turd and City are lightyears ahead of us. The league table says otherwise.

The fact is, if Vidic hadn't suffered that injury we'd have beaten City to the league title by a number of points, nevermind goal difference. If the roles were reversed and they'd lost Kompany for the season, we'd probably have had it wrapped up by April.

What if Toure never went to African Nations? What is Tevez never acted the goat? What if Kompany didn't get banned and the injured? What if we never signed Young and instead got a real player?

Ifs and buts pal. Mean nothing.

Unread 10-05-2012, 07:49 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP

All probably true, and all irrelevant. You don't get trophies for 'if this had happened'.

I agree city aren't that far ahead of United, as someone pointed out (can't remember who sorry), it's taken United being bled dry by the Glazers and themselves winning the lottery to squeeze ahead on goal difference. Pretty pathetic really.

It's just that ifs and buts mean nothing. You either win it, or you don't.

Unread 11-05-2012, 01:02 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
"they aren't that far ahead of us"
"our owners will spend x amount on players"
"next year we'll win the league"

That all sounds very, very familiar. :shakehead:

That's a little dramatic.

First of all they aren't that far ahead of us, which is demonstrable. In fact one could argue that barring 5 minutes of madness against Everton we would likely be wrapping up number 20 on Sunday.

Secondly, we don't know what Fergie and Gill will do over the Summer, so to judge something that hasn't happened yet is meaningless. Just wait, then judge.

Lastly, we have won the league four times in the last five years and will likely finish with 89 points this season, this is generally a title winning total. You're implying a negative trend when the numbers suggest the opposite.

I understand that you are generally more bearish on United's prospects than your average forumista, but are you really trying to suggest that any optimism about winning the title next year is comparable to the delerious ravings of the morons on Rawk, who haven't seen their team win the league for twenty years, are 34 points off the pace this time around, yet are the perennial winners of next years title?

It is possible to make a point without resorting to sensationalism and insulting peoples intelligence you know.

Unread 11-05-2012, 01:12 AM
utd99

Don't get me wrong, I'm far from happy about the developments of the past three weeks and the performance of our players and management in this run-in, but some moderation is called for here.

We have been shit on occasion, we have been great at other times, but you cannot rubber stamp us as either in absolute terms. I don't understand why people feel compelled to try.

Unread 11-05-2012, 01:34 AM
red in cumbria

The fact that we have probably handed the "noisy neighbours" their first title for 44 years doesn't help, tbh.

Unread 11-05-2012, 01:44 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Secondly, we don't know what Fergie and Gill will do over the Summer

I think most of us have got a pretty accurate idea what that pair of Transfer toss-£#%&!s have up their sleeves tbf

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
we have been great at other times

I love your optimism & of course you make some good points...but we played some good stuff in August/Sept & probably half a dozen times in patches ever since.
We've had a shocking Season let's be honest - form wise & otherwise wise.

Unread 11-05-2012, 02:50 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone

I think most of us have got a pretty accurate idea what that pair of Transfer toss-£#%&!s have up their sleeves tbf

ffs

Unread 11-05-2012, 04:23 AM
rafabio

even if we add a couple of players, the style of football will be depressing it feels 2006-2007 season was ages ago

Unread 11-05-2012, 04:28 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
even if we add a couple of players, the style of football will be depressing it feels 2006-2007 season was ages ago
Gary Neville was fully fit most of that season, it was.

Unread 11-05-2012, 01:58 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
it feels 2006-2007 season was ages ago
It was nearly 6 years ago tbf

Unread 11-05-2012, 02:00 PM
Sloppy

Quote:

Sort the centre of midfield out and we will have a good team.

Unread 12-05-2012, 12:12 AM
garak

3rd, CL r16, carling cup semi, fa cup qf
Closed Thread