United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-02-2009, 01:26 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
You look at that Inter side & not one of them would get anywhere near our first eleven.
A very ordinary team in my opinion.
Maicon would walk in with comparative ease, atm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Full backs bombing forward aren't things that natrually come to mind when I think of Jose's teams
Maicon bombs up and down the wing all day long. Fantastic player, more of a threat than Ibrahimovic, IMO, as they have to get the ball to Zlatan, where as Maicon will just get it for himself and carry it.

Tough night ahead for Paddy.

Unread 24-02-2009, 01:27 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Maicon bombs up and down the wing all day long. Fantastic player, more of a threat than Ibrahimovic, IMO, as they have to get the ball to Zlatan, where as Maicon will just get it for himself and carry it.

The same Evra who will destroy Inter with Park protecting if Maicon leaves space?

Unread 24-02-2009, 01:28 PM
magic_cantona

We're better than Inter and we'll get through the two ties.

Unread 24-02-2009, 01:30 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
We're better than Inter

we'll get through the two ties.
True.

Arguable.

Unread 24-02-2009, 01:31 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
The same Evra who will destroy Inter with Park protecting if Maicon leaves space?
Park will be on the other side. HTH.

Unread 24-02-2009, 01:33 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
We're better than Inter and we'll get through the two ties.
Of this, I have no doubt. We were better than most of the sides we've gone out to in recent seasons too. We were certainly better than Porto and Liverpool were not as good as any of the sides they knocked out in '05. The Champions League is a lottery.

My concern is the defence tonight. Fully fit squad and I'd be full of confidence.

Unread 24-02-2009, 01:35 PM
dodger

Quote:

Fair enough. I haven't seen Inter under Jose. I'm just going on every other team I've seen of his. And I'll be surprised to see it tonight.

Unread 24-02-2009, 01:35 PM
Part 36 Offer

People need to get off Maicon's dick.

I'd be very suprised if Mourinho lets him get past the halfway line more than once per half.

He's more worried about Evra and Ronaldo.

Unread 24-02-2009, 01:36 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Park will be on the other side. HTH.
We'll see, if Brown/Neville were fit, Park would play on the left, he may play on the right to protect our right back, but that young left back of theres doesn't really bomb on.

So what you're saying is, even though Evra has proved he has one of the best left backs in the world, we should just forget him, and worry about Maicon? Don't you think Mourinho is worried about Evra?

It's great isn't it, world champions yet our own fans basically write off our own players against opposition ones.

Evra will give Maicon a hard time just like Maicon will give him a hard time. HTH.

Unread 24-02-2009, 01:36 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick

I'd be very suprised if Mourinho lets him get past the halfway line more than once per half.

Confirmed.

He's better than our whole team.Put together.

Unread 24-02-2009, 01:37 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:

Nah, we should just man mark their key players mate, they'd completely out class our players, we won the European Cup with an average team, clearly.

Unread 24-02-2009, 01:37 PM
dunk

Quote:

Hopefully.

But Maicon is generally given license and the other lad, the LB, stays at home, barely touches the ball from what I've seen. With Cambiasso and Stankovic covering for Maicon as he roves.

The problem Jose has, is that Maicon is one of his best players and most attacking threats, so he can't reign him in, he has to make allowances for him.

Unread 24-02-2009, 01:38 PM
marlo

'big zlat' and 'maic-man' would get in our team.

the rest of the team are very ordinary.

Unread 24-02-2009, 01:38 PM
antonin jablonsky

Personally i think Evra is the best fullback in the world so i think this bomber, maicon might be worried about him?

Unread 24-02-2009, 01:39 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Nah, we should just man mark their key players mate, they'd completely out class our players, we won the European Cup with an average team, clearly.
Actually, it's quite clear that Inter are £#%&!ing £#%&! and we'll do them 4-0 home and away, we shouldn't plan to combat any of their players because they are all shit

Unread 24-02-2009, 01:40 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo

In place of?...

Unread 24-02-2009, 01:41 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo

You'd probably never heard of him until you saw everyone else bigging him up on this thread.

dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Personally i think Evra is the best fullback in the world so i think this bomber, maicon might be worried about him?
Possibly, but Maicon has Cambiasso and Stankovic to help him out, Evra will probably have Ronaldo (), so I Maicon will probably be less worried about stopping Evra and more about getting forward, where as Evra will be the other way round.

Oh, and Inter are at home, that make s a difference.

antonin jablonsky

Well this has degenerated into farce quite nicely hasn't it.

Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Hopefully.

But Maicon is generally given license and the other lad, the LB, stays at home, barely touches the ball from what I've seen. With Cambiasso and Stankovic covering for Maicon as he roves.

The problem Jose has, is that Maicon is one of his best players and most attacking threats, so he can't reign him in, he has to make allowances for him.

They will play a solid bank of four with 2 holding midfielders in front and try and play on the counter.

Maicon and probably Stankovic will double up on Ronaldo
Closed Thread