United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-01-2010, 06:28 PM
Part 36 Offer

Thumbs up Re: Andy Gray's team of the decade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
The 02/03 season we played some superb football with RVN as the focus. The second half of the season chasing Arsenal down was along with 06/07 the Utd aesthetic high point of the decade.

Ruud up top with Giggs, Scholes and Solskjaer/Beckham supporting him and 2 deeper midfielders directing the play. Lots of movement and both full backs bombing on. The 6-2 at Newcastle was one of the best performances of the decade. We did not kick on from that season, sold Beckham and Veron and replaced them with mediocrities and Ronaldo who was always going to take time.

For 2 1/2 seasons RVN was a superb CF for Utd, he was mobile, strong and his goalscoring record is astonishing. After injuries he lost a bit of pace and he started to really slow down our attack. he was not helped by the situation in the rest of the team but at his bets he was exceptional.
all very accurate. That 6-2 is one of my favourite ever United performances tbh.

Unread 01-01-2010, 06:29 PM
Switching Off

Default Re: Andy Gray's team of the decade

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
I didn't say it was all down to him. But he was partly responsible ( or fergie for pinning faith in him and changing united's attacking philosophy ). As I said it can't be a mere co-incidence that all problems started with ruud's time here and end with his departure. Another factor is during ruud's time only arsenal were the contenders for title. Now we have 4 and along with that some pretty good sides like villa, spurs, everton and city.

another point, if we had kept the @#%&! ( ruud ) a bit longer, we did never see ronaldo becoming the best player in the world. thank £#%&! for that.

Is he £#%&!. Why are all so goal obsessed. Cole brought so much £#%&!ing more to the team. Do you know that he is only behind bergkamp and giggs in assists in premier league history. He is second highest scorer in premier league history behind another massive headed @#%&! shearer ( remove the penalties and its neck to neck ). And then we had at times breath taking movement, those superb goals, the juventus game, the barcelona game ffs, what did he have with ruud? tap ins and tap in galore. nothing else.

ungrateful @#%&!s the lot. Like hoddle. Its a very sad thing that even united fans don't appreciate the greatness of cole. Because he was not fashionable, he missed some glaring chances and he didn't hang around near the 6 yard box so that he could take all the glory. £#%&! me. We were very lucky to have cole.

I thank god that we didn't get that @#%&! shearer or else we would never have seen cole in full flight, in fact we may have not seen united in full flight. 99 was stuff of fantasies. Cole was an integral part of that.

Ruud was an integral part of united's decline before fergie, ronaldo and rooney got together to bring back the glory. He was a £#%&!ing horse faced @#%&!. He was a @#%&! who questioned ronaldo whether queiroz is his father, since queiroz used to protect ronaldo.

Can't wait for the @#%&! to sign for liverpool. He will then reach his level.
2 points and im not a Cole hater, love the guy.

1. He played in the premiership for almost 15 years, probably top 10 in the PL appearances list.

2. A lot of his shots were going wide until somebody got a touch

Unread 01-01-2010, 06:31 PM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
2 points and im not a Cole hater, love the guy.

1. He played in the premiership for almost 15 years, probably top 10 in the PL appearances list.

2. A lot of his shots were going wide until somebody got a touch
you are getting confused between cole and frank lampard

you only have to see the season DVD's between 96-00 and then 01-05 to understand how much difference cole had on our attacks and general team play.

Unread 01-01-2010, 06:51 PM
Coracao

If you didn't rate Ruud, you're a bit of an idiot.

But, that goes without saying where 'Rafabio' is concerned.

Unread 01-01-2010, 07:07 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Ruud was an integral part of united's decline before fergie, ronaldo and rooney got together to bring back the glory.

i think i'll just let this stand. it really doesn't need comment.

Unread 01-01-2010, 07:59 PM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk

i think i'll just let this stand. it really doesn't need comment.
yup clear as it is.

during ruud's time, 1 premier league, 1 fa cup and 1 carling cup ( latter 2 achieved with ronaldo showing his talent before setting the league alight )

without ruud? doubles, trebles, highest goals in the league... you name it.

Unread 01-01-2010, 08:27 PM
borsuk

Quote:
yup clear as it is.

during ruud's time, 1 premier league, 1 fa cup and 1 carling cup ( latter 2 achieved with ronaldo showing his talent before setting the league alight )

without ruud? doubles, trebles, highest goals in the league... you name it.
all dogs have four legs. my cat has four legs. therefore my cat is a dog.

Unread 01-01-2010, 08:45 PM
Wez

Quote:

Unread 01-01-2010, 09:22 PM
irk

Quote:
really? this must be the first recorded instance of a catdog. have you contacted "that's life"?

oh, and link (for scientific not mastubatory reasons)

Unread 01-01-2010, 09:31 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
really? this must be the first recorded instance of a catdog. have you contacted "that's life"?

oh, and link (for scientific not mastubatory reasons)
Closed Thread