United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-06-2009, 12:08 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
We're just waiting for the Ronnie transfer to go through imo. Then United will come through and crush the buildings with a couple of huge signings announced nearly right away.

Unread 20-06-2009, 12:09 PM
Smeggs

biggest mistake tevez will ever make.

oh well, the media expects united supporters to be crying but to be honest i'm not that arsed. have enjoyed watching him but the circus took over in the second half of last season and when he put that ball out of play in rome i knew he was off. these people txting sky are a massive embarrassment to the club.

really no idea who we'll sign other than Valencia but looking forward to some new blood.

Unread 20-06-2009, 12:11 PM
koppas

£#%&!ing hell, the way sky are going on, we are finished, all our players want out and Man City have won the league next season.

Unread 20-06-2009, 12:11 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
We're just waiting for the Ronnie transfer to go through imo. Then United will come through and crush the buildings with a couple of huge signings announced nearly right away.
yep we are talking world records here

Unread 20-06-2009, 12:12 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
not upset at all.

Now then, about buying us some new strikers......
Agreed.

£#%&!ing priority is to get the proverbial ball rolling.

Bye Carlos, you 5 league goal scoring, moaning, me me me @#%&!!

Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
yep we are talking world records here
Kris Akabusi?? I've heard the whispers too......

Unread 20-06-2009, 12:13 PM
Sloppy

Quote:

Unread 20-06-2009, 12:14 PM
koppas

Quote:
Kris Akabusi?? I've heard the whispers too......

magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Tevez' new club photo at City?

Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Could do a job imo.

Barracuda

Great news IMO - despite the club having a great season I think the defensive strength masked certain problems, - one of them being that our mix of strikers wasn't quite right, struggling to come up with the goals, particularly away from home.

Therefore I couldn't quite understand why the Club would pay so much money to land itself with the same problem again - worse still with Ronnie leaving.

Exciting times ahead I think, an opportunity to totally re-vamp the forward line - and hopefully players who have the attributes that we need. With 2 or 3 good additions we could very easily have a much better all round team than we already had.

Just depends on who we buy ...

Unread 20-06-2009, 12:16 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeggs
really no idea who we'll sign other than Valencia but looking forward to some new blood.
Yep. Strangely, as the seasoin drew to an end and SAF said he didn't see us buying anyone in the summer, the prospect of starting the season as we were was a bit disappointing. A shake is probably exactly what was required, a few new faces eager to prove, improve and achieve will reignite the hunger in some of the players who have enjoyed so much success and will freshen our play.

It's why I'm of the opinion that big signings aren't what we need, we need players who are eager to get to the top and have the ability to do so, not players who have been or are already there.

Unread 20-06-2009, 12:17 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Tevez' new club photo at City?
His Sky lineup picture for next season.

Unread 20-06-2009, 12:18 PM
Smeggs

Quote:
Yep. Strangely, as the seasoin drew to an end and SAF said he didn't see us buying anyone in the summer, the prospect of starting the season as we were was a bit disappointing. A shake is probably exactly what was required, a few new faces eager to prove, improve and achieve will reignite the hunger in some of the players who have enjoyed so much success and will freshen our play.

It's why I'm of the opinion that big signings aren't what we need, we need players who are eager to get to the top and have the ability to do so, not players who have been or are already there.
couldn't agree more and i've said so on here since rome. something tells me we may ust bid for benzema though just to test em.

Unread 20-06-2009, 12:20 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:

any signing united make is a big signing tbh

Unread 20-06-2009, 12:20 PM
koppas

We will definitely bid for Benzema. Probably already have.

Unread 20-06-2009, 12:21 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
We will definitely bid for Benzema. Probably already have.
agreed.

Fergie has lauded him on record 2 or 3 times in the press. It is rare for him to do that.

The interest is clearly there.

Unread 20-06-2009, 12:21 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeggs
couldn't agree more and i've said so on here since rome. something tells me we may ust bid for benzema though just to test em.
£#%&!ing hope so.Nowt ventured, nowt gained.

And there's a £#%&!ing lot to be gained in Benzema.He'd be a legend at OT.Just depends on whether he was mis-quoted or not in saying he didn't want to come over here or Madrid was 'his dream' etc.

The only thing that is bothering me at the minute is that there's been no bid from us, for anyone As soon as we start making moves and that, I'll feel much better.

Unread 20-06-2009, 12:23 PM
koppas

Trust Fergie. He knows what he is doing.
Closed Thread