Unread 13-09-2008, 02:45 PM
razzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
in a word, sloppy
yes, been saying that all game

Unread 13-09-2008, 02:50 PM
rebelcountyred

hard to find any positives in that display, ferdinand was probably our best player, berbatov did ok on his debut but we didn't really utilise his talents with the way we set the team out. The good thing is that this loss is so early in the season, plenty of time and matches left.

Unread 13-09-2008, 02:54 PM
Tiberian

Far too many long balls chucked towards Berbatov hoping he could bring them down. Midfield wads shocking, totally dysfunctional, and now our best option in that area is injured again.

Unread 13-09-2008, 02:55 PM
MUFC One Love

I feel so sorry for Rooney, wasting him. The tactics were so inept. Will be interesting to see how Fergie does without Quieroz.

Unread 13-09-2008, 02:55 PM
dunk

The loss of Carrick killed us.

Anderson was Woeful and Scholes overran. We couldn't get the ball into Berbatov to utilise his abilities, and Wayne Rooney was utterly wasted on the right.

We had a striker who was coming in on the back of a scoring and all round top performance, so we stuck him on the RW and a RW coming i o the back of a scorig, impressive performance on the bench. £#%&!ing Stupid.

The loss of Querioz may well be a massive deciding factor this year, lets hope Portugal sack him, and quick.

Unread 13-09-2008, 03:00 PM
Sparky***

Our passing was awful, the defending in midfield non-existant and apart from the goal we scored we struggled to make an impact in their half of the pitch.new formation, players that haven't kicked a ball this season - is it any wonder we looked so sloppy?

we haven't even got out of neutral yet this season. Liverpool played us at the right time. They were beyond up for this today, as if this one result would validate their entire season. 3 poxy games into it. I expect more of the same against chelsea next week especially as we are now missing vidic.

Our season will not 'start' until we play bolton at home. We haven't even begun to find our feet yet and the fixture list hasn't been kind to us at all.

And andy gray. :shakehead: Jesus Christ. Could he have wanted that result any more? He could hardly contain his glee.

"Well everyone was saying that getting berbatov would make manchester united untouchable" No -YOU and your idiot friends at sky were saying that andy, nobody else. As you obviously attempt to overplay the significance of this result.

I'm sure the media will play up Liverpool as title favourites now. It was Man City last week, but after this result the trophy is a good as theirs now obviously.

It's going to be a tough month lads, that Bolton game will be a must win game now.

Oh, and the small matter of the best player in the world coming back as well. Let's hope he doesn't take too long to get back into his stride eh? God knows we £#%&!ing need him.

Unread 13-09-2008, 03:01 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Will be interesting to see how Fergie does without Quieroz.
Intresting? i think 'terrifying' is more the word.

Unread 13-09-2008, 03:02 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Our passing was awful, the defending in midfield non-existant and apart from the goal we scored we struggled to make an impact in their half of the pitch.new formation, players that haven't kicked a ball this season - is it any wonder we looked so sloppy?

we haven't even got out of neutral yet this season. Liverpool played us at the right time. They were beyond up for this today, as if this one result would validate their entire season. 3 poxy games into it. I expect more of the same against chelsea next week especially as we are now missing vidic.

Our season will not 'start' until we play bolton at home. We haven't even begun to find our feet yet and the fixture list hasn't been kind to us at all.

And andy gray. :shakehead: Jesus Christ. Could he have wanted that result any more? He could hardly contain his glee.

"Well everyone was saying that getting berbatov would make manchester united untouchable" No -YOU and your idiot friends at sky were saying that andy, nobody else. As you obviously attempt to overplay the significance of this result.

I'm sure the media will play up Liverpool as title favourites now. It was Man City last week, but after this result the trophy is a good as theirs now obviously.

It's going to be a tough month lads, that Bolton game will be a must win game now.

Oh, and the small matter of the best player in the world coming back as well. Let's hope he doesn't take too long to get back into his stride eh? God knows we £#%&!ing need him.
A decent performance on Tuesday could make all the difference before next week, I'm glad it's at home.

Unread 13-09-2008, 03:04 PM
MUFC One Love

Main thing is let's not get carried away. Whoever gets the last laugh will laugh the longest. It was our 3rd game. Fergie has learned that you can't cater for people to fit them into the team and now it's upto them to earn their place.

Unread 13-09-2008, 03:04 PM
wonky no

it wasn't the fact we played 3 strikers for me, it was our selection in the centre of midfield. anderson, carrick and scholes. that formation would work with hargreaves on instead of any one of those three.

to be honest, if it wasn't for us getting their first and setting up their second, they wouldn't have scored. i'm not making excuses though, the rats had enough posession to deserve the result but we only need to fine tune the selection. carricks knock may be a blessing in disguise as hargreaves will have to start.

going forward we looked ok but as the game went on we lacked composure and for most of the game our midfielders were playing too deep. we didn't have any genuine defensive midfielders protecting the back four. which resulted in vidic pushing out to win more tackles. liverpool were busy in our third but didn't create many chances.

at the end of the day we fielded a team that had never played that way before, away from home against them. it was shit or bust and bust it was.

Unread 13-09-2008, 03:06 PM
Darth Vidic

How can people say we deserved that?

We didn't deserve Van der Sar to £#%&! things up in that inexplicable manner of his, we were fine till then.

Did we deserve Carrick's injury as well?

Unread 13-09-2008, 03:09 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
it wasn't the fact we played 3 strikers for me, it was our selection in the centre of midfield. anderson, carrick and scholes. that formation would work with hargreaves on instead of any one of those three.

to be honest, if it wasn't for us getting their first and setting up their second, they wouldn't have scored. i'm not making excuses though, the rats had enough posession to deserve the result but we only need to fine tune the selection. carricks knock may be a blessing in disguise as hargreaves will have to start.

going forward we looked ok but as the game went on we lacked composure and for most of the game our midfielders were playing too deep. we didn't have any genuine defensive midfielders protecting the back four. which resulted in vidic pushing out to win more tackles. liverpool were busy in our third but didn't create many chances.

at the end of the day we fielded a team that had never played that way before, away from home against them. it was shit or bust and bust it was.

I said from minute one the formation would either be amazing or a disaster.

Unread 13-09-2008, 03:10 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vidic
How can people say we deserved that?

We didn't deserve Van der Sar to £#%&! things up in that inexplicable manner of his, we were fine till then.

Did we deserve Carrick's injury as well?
the result. we deserved the result. we played shit, made stupid mistakes - got what we deserved = £#%&! all.

Unread 13-09-2008, 04:04 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Far too many long balls chucked towards Berbatov hoping he could bring them down. Midfield wads shocking, totally dysfunctional, and now our best option in that area is injured again.
Good summary.

Our midfield was terrible. I don't think we won a tackle.
The ridiculous decision to play Rooney as an out & out right winger with no freedom or licence to swap with Tevez was unbelieveable.
Rooney would have been so high with confidence after Wednesday but yet again his willingness to play out of position for the team was a cop-out from Fergie.
Tevez took his goal very well, but he looked tired to me. He wasn't buzzing around like he normally is.
Berbatov was annonymous & encouraged long ball football (I'm only calling todays performance & not judging Berbatov before anyone starts)
Anderson & Scholes were very poor.
Hargreaves did alright when he came on...Nani didn't (including a criminally bad corner in stoppage time that didn't get past the first defender)
Vidic was stupid & is now missing for Chelsea.

Shocking performance all over the pitch really.

It'll be a selection headache & a half when Ronaldo comes back.
We looked very disjointed & I think it'll take a while to find a settled team.

Unread 13-09-2008, 04:06 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
We looked very disjointed & I think it'll take a while to find a settled team.
don't worry, i'm sure the collective tactical nous of fergie and phelan will come up with something workable by, say, March?

Unread 13-09-2008, 05:40 PM
Rhodzy

Glad I missed the game now, i'm gutted.
Looks like we scored to early, anyway we lost our 3rd game last year against one of our rivals and look what happened. Hopefully Fergie trusts Evans next week against Chelsea, he deserves a shot.
Also how did Berbatov play?

Unread 13-09-2008, 05:53 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I feel so sorry for Rooney, wasting him. The tactics were so inept. Will be interesting to see how Fergie does without Quieroz.
What you call interesting, I'd call worrying. SAFnever was the great tactition. Diabolic performance.

Unread 13-09-2008, 05:56 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Glad I missed the game now, i'm gutted.
Looks like we scored to early, anyway we lost our 3rd game last year against one of our rivals and look what happened. Hopefully Fergie trusts Evans next week against Chelsea, he deserves a shot.
Also how did Berbatov play?
I thought he was shite apart from the first ten minutes. Probably something to do with the fact he was only getting long balls punted upfield to work with though.

Wasting Rooney on the right was £#%&!ing criminal. He's not Dirk Kuyt ffs. Had his best game for ages midweek, then gets told to patrol the £#%&!ing touchline and have a chat with the linesman. Utter £#%&!ing madness.

Most annoying thing for me was that even though we had 3 forwards on the pitch, the few times we put something together after the first 20 mins we often didn't actually have anyone up front.
Closed Thread