United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-02-2021, 11:41 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
So what's posted on twitter doesn't matter?
No, twitter is just b#@&%! with utter loony c***s of all sorts.

Pointing out that there are loony comments on a twitter post is like jumping into the ocean and pointing out that you've got wet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco
you are making shit up now just to suit your own agenda.
No, I'm really not.

Players are not continuing to take the knee in support of the BLM movement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
It's like people doing the sign of the cross then one day, without saying anything, claiming it now has nothing to do with religion.
Colin Kaepernick was taking a knee before the BLM movement. So like I said, if you are going to confuse any anti-racism stance with BLM, you're going to have a bad time.

Quote:
Absolutely ridiculous stance you are taking. Literal nonsense.

I won't be reading your reply.
My stance that I have no problem with players taking a knee against racism and discrimination, nor a problem with players who want to stop taking a knee?

Unread 19-02-2021, 11:43 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
To be fair, Twitter is rife with hollow virtue signalling that achieves nothing. I remember this one time last year when there was loads of videos of people taking the knee in support of BLM.

Unread 19-02-2021, 11:48 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
To be fair, Twitter is rife with hollow virtue signalling that achieves nothing. I remember this one time last year when there was loads of videos of people taking the knee in support of BLM.
I think players should do a strike on twitter/insta. All players, all clubs until they accepted black players being spammed monkey emojis is racist. Would be far more effective.

Unread 19-02-2021, 11:51 PM
tatty

Quote:
I think players should do a strike on twitter/insta. All players, all clubs until they accepted black players being spammed monkey emojis is racist. Would be far more effective.
I've said it before but i'm baffled by the need celebrities have for seeking attention.

If I was famous and wealthy the last place i'd be seeking attention is twitter.

Unread 20-02-2021, 12:03 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco
you are making shit up now just to suit your own agenda.

BT sport and Sky both have the BLM flyer in Ad breaks still.

I was gonna post that earlier but Patty gaslighted me into not believing my own eyes.

He's a good guy. Absolutely everyone disagrees with him. Including the black player in the OP.

Unread 20-02-2021, 12:07 AM
Fat Al

Didn't F1 move to a position whereby if you wanted to 'take the knee', drivers did. And those that didn't, didn't?

Let the footballers do the same. It's 5 secs pre-game.

Do it, don't do it..

Unread 20-02-2021, 12:09 AM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Didn't F1 move to a position whereby if you wanted to 'take the knee', drivers did. And those that didn't, didn't?

Do it, don't do it..
This is very much British Legion position on celebrities wearing/not wearing the poppy.

Doesn't stop celebrities being terrorised in to wearing one for fear of the backlash if they don't.

Unread 20-02-2021, 12:13 AM
Cream

Quote:

Do it, don't do it..
5 seconds (ellipses).

I'd be happy if they just stopped the referees doing it. Really highlights the fact that they're mostly middle aged men in little black shorts.

Unread 20-02-2021, 12:16 AM
Fat Al

Quote:
This is very much British Legion position on celebrities wearing/not wearing the poppy.

Doesn't stop celebrities being terrorised in to wearing one for fear of the backlash if they don't.
That's an easier argument to counter.

"What were they fighting for?"
"Freedom"
"Then surely that freedom is also the freedom to choose whether or not to wear a poppy. And just because they don't wear one, doesn't mean they don't support or donate to the RBL"
"But, but .... poppy ...... freedom, poppy..... " *head explodes*

Unread 20-02-2021, 12:19 AM
tatty

Quote:
That's an easier argument to counter.

"What were they fighting for?"
"Freedom"
"Then surely that freedom is also the freedom to choose whether or not to wear a poppy. And just because they don't wear one, doesn't mean they don't support or donate to the RBL"
"But, but .... poppy ...... freedom, poppy..... " *head explodes*
That is an argument that you or I might use.

For those in the public eye it is an invitation for a twitter pile-on and negative publicity...so they are forced to do something they may well rather not do.

Unread 20-02-2021, 12:26 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Not as much as many like to think, no.

Unread 20-02-2021, 05:43 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b

You really are the oddest of odd-balls.

The decision to kneel is made by the players, it is not forced upon them by political groups or even the Premier League.
Quote:
No, twitter is just b#@&%! with utter loony c***s of all sorts.

Pointing out that there are loony comments on a twitter post is like jumping into the ocean and pointing out that you've got wet.

No, I'm really not.

Players are not continuing to take the knee in support of the BLM movement.

Colin Kaepernick was taking a knee before the BLM movement. So like I said, if you are going to confuse any anti-racism stance with BLM, you're going to have a bad time.

My stance that I have no problem with players taking a knee against racism and discrimination, nor a problem with players who want to stop taking a knee?
Will you stop saying 'taking the knee'...

You want it to carry on. Others think it's actually degrading and has lost its message. Hence why I said it'ss divisive. You don't have a problem with players not doing it but you have a problem with people saying not to do it? At least be consistent....

Also, stop insinuating I'm racist because I don't agree with you. #@&%!.

Unread 20-02-2021, 06:13 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Will you stop saying 'taking the knee'...

You want it to carry on. Others think it's actually degrading and has lost its message. Hence why I said it'ss divisive. You don't have a problem with players not doing it but you have a problem with people saying not to do it? At least be consistent....

Also, stop insinuating I'm racist because I don't agree with you. #@&%!.
f***ing hell

1: No, it's the topic of the thread. It's literally in the thread title.

2: I said players should decide between themselves what they want to do, not that 'I want to' carry it on. That's been consistently clear in all my posts. Although to be fair to you you're not the only one that's struggled with this very simple stance on the issue.

3: I didn't insinuate you were racist, I outright said that you're a f***ing idiot and a moron. If I though you were a racist I'd outright call you a racist.

Unread 20-02-2021, 08:31 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
£#%&!ing hell

1: No, it's the topic of the thread. It's literally in the thread title.

2: I said players should decide between themselves what they want to do, not that 'I want to' carry it on. That's been consistently clear in all my posts. Although to be fair to you you're not the only one that's struggled with this very simple stance on the issue.

3: I didn't insinuate you were racist, I outright said that you're a £#%&!ing idiot and a moron. If I though you were a racist I'd outright call you a racist.
Apology accepted.

Unread 20-02-2021, 10:15 AM
est.1878

5am pixel war

Unread 20-02-2021, 10:46 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
5am pixel war
I was up feeding my nipper at that time. No idea what he was doing up so early.

Unread 20-02-2021, 10:47 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
I was up feeding my nipper at that time. No idea what he was doing up so early.

Unread 20-02-2021, 10:52 AM
NedKelly

Why does patty love BLM so much anyway?

Unread 20-02-2021, 11:11 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury

Unread 20-02-2021, 11:16 AM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Why does patty love BLM so much anyway?