Vidic
Evra

Carrick
Anderson

Ronaldo
Tevez
Rooney

Berbatov

An an exponent of the let's go mad and try and batter everyone 6-3 tactic. Me like.

Unread 05-09-2008, 02:17 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
VDS

Hargreaves
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Carrick
Anderson

Ronaldo
Tevez
Rooney

Berbatov
£#%&!ing hell, it's ossie ardiles.

Unread 05-09-2008, 02:18 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
just a hunch, but maybe they're highlighting the part they disagree with?
but it's a sentence, Jack. come on ffs

Unread 05-09-2008, 02:20 PM
borsuk

Quote:
just a hunch they're highlighting
why would anyone want to highlight a hunch?

thick @#%&!

Unread 05-09-2008, 02:22 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Attack attack attack

Tottingham

Unread 05-09-2008, 02:24 PM
nick henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
VDS

Hargreaves
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Carrick
Anderson

Ronaldo
Tevez
Rooney

Berbatov
Hello KK. quite a stir you have caused up in Geordieland eh?

Unread 05-09-2008, 02:27 PM
rebelcountyred

Thumbs up

i'd line them up in a xmas tree formation lile this
john o shea
john o sheajohn o sheajohn o sheajohn o shea
john o sheajohn o sheajohn o shea
john o sheajohn o shea
john o shea

alternatively i'd go for antonins first selection

Unread 05-09-2008, 02:43 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Or it's page 1 Antonin Jablonsky.

Unread 05-09-2008, 02:45 PM
MUFC One Love

It's a stupid debate tbh, comparing them and saying who's more important. People may think I'm talking %@#$&!s, but for me, Carrick is one of, if not our most important player at the moment. If he's playing I'm always assured. He plays a huge part in how we play. Absolutely fantastic passer of the ball, and as I think it was S/Side said, he's the best in our squad at screening the back 4. Just because he doesn't really dive in or run about chasing people think that he doesn't really have it in his game, but it's 'cos he is so clever that he doesn't have to lunge in/chase around. He reads the game superbly.

Unread 05-09-2008, 02:48 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
Was just previewing my almost identical response and noticed that you'd posted this. Bastard

Can't watch a video of the first Arsenal goal at the moment, and couldn't remember exactly how it played out, so did a search for my original post on the subject.If you make a fundamental mistake like this in a match, I'm not sure it can really be categorised as a good performance. That's just my take though.
Your description sounds about right. My main memory of that goal was that they just went straight through the middle of the pitch. I just feel that without Carrick we're far more vulnerable to this. Hargreaves has his uses, as does Anderson, but I've seen little to suggest that either can do this role. I don't think it would have hurt to pick up another player of that type to cover ourselves when Carrick is injured or needs resting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Hargreaves hadn't come to grips with United's scrambling defence by that time is my theory now

At the time, his reaction to the goal is telling - he knows he £#%&!ed up
What was interesting, I thought, was that after that brief period, Fergie very rarely - if at all - played Hargreaves in that role again. As far as I can remember it was at right-back or on the right side of midfield for much of the second half of the season. It'll be interesting to see if he gives him another try as the deepest midfielder, but I really don't think it's where he should be playing.

Unread 05-09-2008, 02:48 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
It's a stupid debate tbh, comparing them and saying who's more important. People may think I'm talking %@#$&!s, but for me, Carrick is one of, if not our most important player at the moment. If he's playing I'm always assured. He plays a huge part in how we play. Absolutely fantastic passer of the ball, and as I think it was S/Side said, he's the best in our squad at screening the back 4. Just because he doesn't really dive in or run about chasing people think that he doesn't really have it in his game, but it's 'cos he is so clever that he doesn't have to lunge in/chase around. He reads the game superbly.
Agree with that, he's a top player.

Unread 05-09-2008, 03:04 PM
SilverSurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by keano's love
in my opinion, rooney has degressed
You've done this several times before so it's not a mis-type but you're winding me up with it.

Degressed isn't a word. You mean regressed.

Unread 05-09-2008, 03:15 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer
You've done this several times before so it's not a mis-type but you're winding me up with it.

Degressed isn't a word. You mean regressed.
Sharath is of the opinion that Rooney has digressed from the path that he should be taking, and as a result of this has regressed as a player. In order to express this view both clearly and succinctly, he has invented the brilliant and highly original portmanteau 'degressed'. I, for one, feel that he should be congratulated for his lexical originality.

Unread 05-09-2008, 03:23 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Sharath is of the opinion that Rooney has digressed from the path that he should be taking, and as a result of this has regressed as a player. In order to express this view both clearly and succinctly, he has invented the brilliant and highly original portmanteau 'degressed'. I, for one, feel that he should be congratulated for his lexical originality.
I bet he's a big fan of ligers and tigons.

Unread 05-09-2008, 03:24 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
What was interesting, I thought, was that after that brief period, Fergie very rarely - if at all - played Hargreaves in that role again. As far as I can remember it was at right-back or on the right side of midfield for much of the second half of the season. It'll be interesting to see if he gives him another try as the deepest midfielder, but I really don't think it's where he should be playing.
That's a great point. And Hargreaves best performances have come when playing on the right of midfield - Arsenal at home and the European Cup final for example.

After two seasons, you'd think people would finally come to appreciate just what Carrick brings to the side!

Unread 05-09-2008, 03:28 PM
Don Stuarte

Unread 05-09-2008, 03:42 PM
Serenity Now

After a brief Google investigation, it appears that I have misoverestimated the originality of Sharath's construction. 'Degressed' is apparently in long standing usage amongst people of advanced intelligence the world over, as evidenced by the following sentence:
Quote:
It may be a little disrespectful to say that the the Twins won't compete this year, but you have to admit, they have degressed while the rest of the division have improve emencely, either by aquisition or experience.

Unread 05-09-2008, 03:50 PM
S/Side.Red

Unread 05-09-2008, 03:52 PM
SilverSurfer

Quote:
Well it's a perspective I hadn't considered before - Sharath, the Bob Dylan of FT posters.
Closed Thread