United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-07-2019, 09:53 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I'm implying that none of us know if he's a poisonous influence and it'll be for the manager to decide.
I don’t understand where this belief of him being toxic comes from.

Didn’t Mourinho give him the captaincy at one point? Doesn’t Solskjaer talk him up at every opportunity? Isn’t he a central part of Deschamps’ World Champion French side, one which has been built on the very basis of eradicating troublesome elements like Benzema, Ribery and Rabiot?

The fact is, Pogba is a ridiculously ambitious winner, who is currently wasting away at a club in utter disarray, led by a group of parasites that care more about prostituting the United brand to maximise profits, as opposed to building a successful footballing model that leads to the glory of trophies.

This is clearly a very talented footballer, but one who will excel in the right team, with the right players around him. We have a horrible team, so no wonder he’s looking elsewhere. If anything, it’s United that’s toxic currently, not Pogba.

Unread 05-07-2019, 10:02 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Really hope this doesn’t drag on.

Would honestly consider a couple of younger players + cash for him

Cabellos, Valverde, Junior, Regulion. If we can get one or maybe two of those type of players a part of any deal I’d take it and move on. If he does want out that bad then it pointless dragging this out meaning we have less time to sign a replacement.

Obviously would be great if we signed his replacement now and made Madrid pay up for Pogba, but that isn’t going to happen sadly.
Regulion joined Seville today, didn't he?

Unread 05-07-2019, 10:10 PM
Sparky***

he'll end up leaving on deadline day, for about £130 million quid. Which will mean, gosh darn it, the Glazers won't be able to spend it to improve the team

Unread 05-07-2019, 10:12 PM
dunk

Unread 05-07-2019, 10:30 PM
waynes ear's

Take the money and both players

Unread 05-07-2019, 10:48 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Regulion joined Seville today, didn't he?
Not sure pal?

Would have been good competition for Shaw.

They’ve surely got a couple of talented kids to throw into a deal? I’d much prefer that than Isco or Bale tbh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
he'll end up leaving on deadline day, for about £130 million quid. Which will mean, gosh darn it, the Glazers won't be able to spend it to improve the team
Nqat.

Unread 05-07-2019, 10:51 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Not sure pal?

Would have been good competition for Shaw.

They’ve surely got a couple of talented kids to throw into a deal? I’d much prefer that than Isco or Bale tbh.

Nqat.
competition? what a novel idea. Can't remember the last time anyone in our team had any competition for their place.

Unread 05-07-2019, 10:52 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
I don’t understand where this belief of him being toxic comes from.

Didn’t Mourinho give him the captaincy at one point? Doesn’t Solskjaer talk him up at every opportunity? Isn’t he a central part of Deschamps’ World Champion French side, one which has been built on the very basis of eradicating troublesome elements like Benzema, Ribery and Rabiot?

The fact is, Pogba is a ridiculously ambitious winner, who is currently wasting away at a club in utter disarray, led by a group of parasites that care more about prostituting the United brand to maximise profits, as opposed to building a successful footballing model that leads to the glory of trophies.

This is clearly a very talented footballer, but one who will excel in the right team, with the right players around him. We have a horrible team, so no wonder he’s looking elsewhere. If anything, it’s United that’s toxic currently, not Pogba.
I don’t think his personality is 100% spot on, but yeah I think people get a bit hysterical going the other way. It’s a good point that Deschamps is very strict about professionalism and disruptive characters, or at least those he perceived as such. Fact is Pogba wasn’t a poisonous influence at Juve or with France. When he leaves United, should that trend continue I guess it’ll leave such ideas left looking like easy scapegoating.

Your last line is fair too. Every player declines or stalls at United. Maybe we are the problem.

Unread 05-07-2019, 11:15 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I honestly don’t understand how him staying can be anyone’s preference at this point.
Because he's our best outfield player.

Unread 06-07-2019, 02:11 AM
Brucie

Quote:
Absolutely no chance of getting Vinicius pal.

Can see Ole wanting to get a look at Pogba in pre-season to assess how imperative it is we grant his wish.
Delusion beyond any comprehension.

Pogba wants out, doesnt wanna play for us, he contributed to getting a manager out the door and you think him and his agent are gonna listen to Ole?
What's he gonna assess exaclty?
You really think Ole is gonna give the thumbs up to sell him or look at him and go, "yeah top player, let's keep him"

Woodward is the one who has the final say and he's the one looking at potential marketing incomes and profits, not Ole.

What the £#%&! is Ole gonna say to Pogba? "Did you watch the 99 CL final? Well, let me tell you, I was telling Rashy earlier..."

Pogba may be a dick and a mercenary but, can you blame him for wanting to get the £#%&! outta here?

I mean, Ole apparently gave him the ok to skip training yet, its Woodward who told him to stay in NY for Adidas.

£#%&!ed!!

Unread 06-07-2019, 04:07 AM
Cream

Quote:
I don’t think his personality is 100% spot on, but yeah I think people get a bit hysterical going the other way. It’s a good point that Deschamps is very strict about professionalism and disruptive characters, or at least those he perceived as such. Fact is Pogba wasn’t a poisonous influence at Juve or with France. When he leaves United, should that trend continue I guess it’ll leave such ideas left looking like easy scapegoating.

Your last line is fair too. Every player declines or stalls at United. Maybe we are the problem.
Wonder why didn't Ole give him the captaincy? Maybe he offered...

Unread 06-07-2019, 04:51 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Get a look at him in pre season

Save the £#%&!ing hassle......sell him, highest bid or bid plus player.....he's an utter virus personality wise and the most overrated footballer currently in Europe...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
A player who’s done £#%&! all for 3 seasons and wants to leave may finally come good if we keep him against his will.

I can even think about the lad still being a Man United player next season. Absolute virus, a plague upon our great football team. Cut the cancer out, and get paid for the privilege.

Hopefully with Raiola publicly acknowledging that he wants to leave and they're working towards it, it's just a matter of time.

Unread 06-07-2019, 10:10 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Nobody was great for Mourinho tbf. Like I say, Ole will take a view on it. He doesn’t need to read gossip columns about Pogba being a virus etc by people who aren’t at the club. He’ll make his own mind up. So far he’s praised Pogba.
What do you expect him to say about any of his players publicly? Public pronouncements by anyone in football shouldn’t be used as evidence of anything. They’re generally not about telling the truth.

I agree that no-one will know Pogba better than ole. We just know the public perception.

Quote:
It’s a good point that Deschamps is very strict about professionalism and disruptive characters, or at least those he perceived as such.
Deschamps had all kinds of shit with Pogba. He knuckled down and did what he was told for the World Cup, because it was in his interest to do so.

Unread 06-07-2019, 10:18 AM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Yeah, has a great affect in the dressing room. A pissed off Pogba was great for mourinho. The evidence with mourinho and after zidane got the Madrid job says it would be suicide to keep a reluctant Pogba unless we told him to £#%&! off and sit in the stands until someone eventually buys him or his contract runs out.

Buy his replacement and tell his agent pogba’s options are Madrid pay what we want this window or he sits in the stands until someone pays what we want next window. Oh, and he can hand in a written transfer request too. Takes their leverage away and gives it to united, given it’s the European championships next summer and he needs to be playing.
JD for DOF.

Need to get tough with this sulking @#%&!.

Unread 06-07-2019, 10:22 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone
JD for DOF.
I’d back that..

Would be funny to see dunks reaction too

Unread 06-07-2019, 11:07 AM
Brucie

Quote:
I’d back that..

Would be funny to see dunks reaction too
Claimed to have told us all along and that he called it years ago probably

Unread 06-07-2019, 11:40 AM
Paul Smith

Varane or Ascensio

Unread 06-07-2019, 12:05 PM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Smith
Varane or Ascensio
Asensio was a bit shit last season. His name sounds like a Harry Potter spell though so I'm pretty torn.

Unread 06-07-2019, 12:10 PM
waynes ear's

Sign a player because he sounds like a spell from harry potter?

£#%&! off mate

Unread 06-07-2019, 12:16 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
£#%&! off mate
Is that a spell from Harry Potter?
Closed Thread