Top Reds imo.

Unread 27-03-2012, 10:22 PM
Harfynn Teuport

They're a very resourceful people.

Unread 12-04-2012, 08:13 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Unread 12-04-2012, 08:15 AM
JakeB

Certainly having a rough time at points this season. Tactics didn't help at all last night..but yeah, he just doesn't look dangerous most of the time

Needs a summer off.

Unread 12-04-2012, 06:47 PM
red in cumbria

When he doesn't score, he is at present barely of any use to us. We might as well have £#%&!ing Owen on the pitch

Unread 12-04-2012, 07:07 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB
Certainly having a rough time at points this season. Tactics didn't help at all last night..but yeah, he just doesn't look dangerous most of the time

Needs a summer off.
Hasn't had a break in 3 years, no tournament for Mexico this summer as far as I know so will get a much needed rest.

Last night was all about the tactics though. He wasn't the only one who looked shot due to our lack of shape.

It's incredible how many reds 'hate' him now. Debut season, straight from Mexico bags 20 goals, we win the league and reach CL final. He's into double figures again now despite playing less due to injuries, and the goals he has scored have almost all been very important. His touch and movement have suffered this year.

Still think he will score another big goal for us this season, it's just what he does. City away last minute equaliser or some shit.

Unread 12-04-2012, 07:21 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Top Reds imo.
Quote:
All six, who were living in Lewisham, London, will be deported after serving their sentences.
Top blue borough reds.

Unread 12-04-2012, 07:24 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Hasn't had a break in 3 years, no tournament for Mexico this summer as far as I know so will get a much needed rest.

Last night was all about the tactics though. He wasn't the only one who looked shot due to our lack of shape.

It's incredible how many reds 'hate' him now. Debut season, straight from Mexico bags 20 goals, we win the league and reach CL final. He's into double figures again now despite playing less due to injuries, and the goals he has scored have almost all been very important. His touch and movement have suffered this year.

Still think he will score another big goal for us this season, it's just what he does. City away last minute equaliser or some shit.
saffers, we're a brand now and most forumistas are customers.....

good performance - they stand and applaud like they're x-factor audience members... we lose, they boo and start yapping about things not being acceptable.

spoilt @#%&!s.

Unread 12-04-2012, 07:36 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
saffers, we're a brand now and most forumistas are customers.....

good performance - they stand and applaud like they're x-factor audience members... we lose, they boo and start yapping about things not being acceptable.

spoilt @#%&!s.
Doom does seem OTT, it's just football at the end of the day(i know), of course being passionate about something which presumably you've carried through from your Father/Family/place of birth is normal but there seems to be too many manic depressive reds. I'm guessing most are on a wum but having met several football fans of that ilk - some may not be.

Football should be an escape from the daily grind, a chance to switch off and relax. This isn't real life, if you were close to tears whenever Bebe was on the team sheet last season then I fear for you when real life difficulties hit you.

Unread 12-04-2012, 08:50 PM
BarryX

I think next season will be pivotal to the lads future with Utd, and quite possibly the final generation of the Fergie 'teams' - the Fergie Shit@#%&!s.

It's been quoted that he (Fergie) wants to base the team around pace, surely upping the tempo of our attacks. Chicharito is stilll one of the fastest players in the league, and if he's fresh, and we can actually get balls played into him facing goal, inside the box, there's no doubt he can put the ball in the net. Expecting him to beat players willy nilly, or doing something with the ball with his back towards the goal, just isn't working out. Needs to work on his positional awareness alot, this summer, and have a long hard rest, but touch wood he'll be back scoring lots for us next year.

Unread 12-04-2012, 09:21 PM
JakeB

Quote:
Doom does seem OTT, it's just football at the end of the day(i know), of course being passionate about something which presumably you've carried through from your Father/Family/place of birth is normal but there seems to be too many manic depressive reds. I'm guessing most are on a wum but having met several football fans of that ilk - some may not be.

Football should be an escape from the daily grind, a chance to switch off and relax. This isn't real life, if you were close to tears whenever Bebe was on the team sheet last season then I fear for you when real life difficulties hit you.
Good points saffers, but the problem is that the British way of escaping from the daily grind is to moan your £#%&!ing %@#$&!s off.

Unread 12-04-2012, 11:18 PM
Jerry the Berry

Quote:

You're a poet and you didn't even know it lol

Unread 12-04-2012, 11:57 PM
Whalefish

If Fergie wants to build a team around pace he needs to get in Young's ear, remind him how he used to play earlier in his career. The fella's stop/start %@#$&!s and chipped crosses to the far post (or more often the arse of the defender in front of him) £#%&!s me right off.

Berbatov's not playing for whatever reason, and supporters speculate it's because of his lack of pace. I don't see this Utd team as one blessed with loads of pace, with a few exceptions. More often than not if a defender gets in front of a player with the ball that Utd player stops, turns back towards his own goal and passes it backwards. We then have to play through 8/9 men to get anywhere near their goal. He can still have the pace around Berbatov; latter has the ability to play a pass, keep the ball, and can also score the odd goal. How £#%&!ing quaint.

Unread 10-05-2012, 11:10 PM
andyroo

Mexico want him for the Olympics, we, well, don't.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012...andez-olympics

Unread 11-05-2012, 12:27 AM
red in cumbria

They obviously haven't watched him lately, then

Unread 11-05-2012, 12:32 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
They obviously haven't watched him lately, then
Mexico don't stick him up front on his own and smash long balls and crosses at him all game either.

Unread 11-05-2012, 12:36 AM
red in cumbria

Good point well made, pol

Unread 11-05-2012, 05:36 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
If Fergie wants to build a team around pace he needs to get in Young's ear, remind him how he used to play earlier in his career. The fella's stop/start %@#$&!s and chipped crosses to the far post (or more often the arse of the defender in front of him) £#%&!s me right off.

Berbatov's not playing for whatever reason, and supporters speculate it's because of his lack of pace. I don't see this Utd team as one blessed with loads of pace, with a few exceptions. More often than not if a defender gets in front of a player with the ball that Utd player stops, turns back towards his own goal and passes it backwards. We then have to play through 8/9 men to get anywhere near their goal. He can still have the pace around Berbatov; latter has the ability to play a pass, keep the ball, and can also score the odd goal. How £#%&!ing quaint.
true that. rooney's a good example, can't remember the last time i saw him beat a man. maybe it's the effect of the barca thumpings but we seem so keen to not give possession away these days that we forget what possession is for.

oh for the days of the lightning-quick breaks

Unread 11-05-2012, 06:30 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
true that. rooney's a good example, can't remember the last time i saw him beat a man. maybe it's the effect of the barca thumpings but we seem so keen to not give possession away these days that we forget what possession is for.
Its frustrating because in the Community shield match he was getting the ball deep and aggresively running at City and he looked like the 2005 Rooney again, I wish he would go back to that, id even take less goals from him, it just makes us so much more of a threat.

Unread 12-05-2012, 11:48 AM
garak

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk

oh for the days of the lightning-quick breaks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Its frustrating because in the Community shield match he was getting the ball deep and aggresively running at City and he looked like the 2005 Rooney again, I wish he would go back to that, id even take less goals from him, it just makes us so much more of a threat.
even a young rooney just 'bulldozed' and 'bundled' past players...doesn't 'beat' a man like ronnie, iniesta, et al...

keeping possession and 'beating a man' are not mutual things, provided you can actually consistently 'beat a man' and not just power through
Closed Thread