United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-09-2023, 01:19 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
Just like ETH the standards aren’t consistent.

What have you seen from £80m Antony to suggest he will be a good premiership player?
one paced, one footed, lacks footballing intelligent. Just aggressive runs around. Like DMF playing out wide who can do pointless skills.
If Antony can get consistent games at United so can pellistri.
In fairness Antony has all the attributes to be a very good premiership footballer: he just needs to use them better.

Unread 23-09-2023, 01:20 PM
armchair

Pellistri is an actual winger - bit of a throwback. I'd say he's the only real winger we have. The rest of them think they are some new modern thing. Wide forward or something.

Unread 23-09-2023, 01:21 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Pellistri is an actual winger - bit of a throwback. I'd say he's the only real winger we have. The rest of them think they are some new modern thing. Wide forward or something.
Rashford thinks he’s Ronaldo

Unread 23-09-2023, 01:23 PM
Finport Red

Always a concern, someone who lacks footballIng intelligent.

I really hope Pellistri becomes a great player for United. Antony too. I think it’s pretty obvious why the latter starts more games than the former currently. I’d suggest even an imbecile could see why, but there is some evidence to the contrary.

Unread 23-09-2023, 01:24 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
Always a concern, someone who lacks footballIng intelligent.

I really hope Pellistri becomes a great player for United. Antony too. I think it’s pretty obvious why the latter starts more games than the former currently. I’d suggest even an imbecile could see why, but there is some evidence to the contrary.
*Intelligence

Unread 23-09-2023, 01:26 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Just like ETH the standards aren’t consistent.

What have you seen from £80m Antony to suggest he will be a good premiership player?
one paced, one footed, lacks footballing intelligent. Just aggressive runs around. Like DMF playing out wide who can do pointless skills.
If Antony can get consistent games at United so can pellistri.
Well he's already better than about 90% of our current players then.

Unread 23-09-2023, 01:27 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
*Intelligence
Sharp and cutting observations aren’t for everyone.

Unread 23-09-2023, 01:28 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
*Intelligence
Hate seeing bellers get whooshed like this.

Unread 23-09-2023, 01:28 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
Sharp and cutting observations aren’t for everyone.
Bloody jumped in two foooted didn’t I

Unread 23-09-2023, 01:29 PM
Finport Red

Thumbs up

Quote:

Unread 23-09-2023, 01:37 PM
Ethers

Quote:
What are you doing at 8pm?

Unread 23-09-2023, 01:42 PM
redhegemony

Dearie me some of the nonsense on here.

We are in a shitty place at the moment largely due to external factors, not moving out the poor players and buys coming in injured alongside Greenwood and Antony's self inflicted wounds + all the injuries . And the club being hawked around by the gimps.

A perfect shitstorm.

I'd like to see any manager cope with that.

Get rid of the last half a dozen who aren't good enough and bring in 4 new faces and get the players all fit and we will be in a very different place

If you can't see the progress ETH has made to the playing staff and the style you really should give up watching Utd.

Unread 23-09-2023, 01:49 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony

If you can't see the progress ETH has made to the playing staff and the style you really should give up watching Utd.
What i can see is…

A manager who has now got half the squad more or less his signings yet what stopping us from even looking like a competent purposeful premiership football team is the last 6 players who despite not playing are the reason we can’t play good football.

This is totally normal.

A manager of a team that was there or there about the 6th best team in the league, can’t improve the team enough with 400m investment.

I’d like to be able to quantify these improvements , like going away from home and holding our own against a decent side?
Or is it The Scottish Player and Maguire on the bench the reason we stink up the place.

Maybe I’m being harsh and you guys just don’t understand the purpose of this thread. It’s to discuss the manager and the progress the team is making under his management.

And once again no one is forcing you important people to read the nonsense being written in here.

PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THE THREAD. Thanks!

Unread 23-09-2023, 02:01 PM
jem

indeed. how good is pellistri? decent.

if the transfer window were open and we had cash, is he "no need, we have pellistri" good? no one thinks that.

however, if we hadn't bought mount and onana, say, we might be going to burnley with kane and h jlund up front. or we might have pavard and a midfielder/winger to play before pellistri. maybe palhinha.

if we'd bought amrabat at the beginning of the window, we might be unbeaten. imagine if we had amrabat and palhinha.

looking at what we have, is pellistri an option? seems that way.

Unread 23-09-2023, 02:04 PM
dunk

Progress is measured at the end of the seasons. Last season we finished 3rd, won a trophy and got to another final. Definite, tangible progress.

Let’s see where we are at the end of this season.

‘get out of my thread if you won’t agree with what I post’

Unread 23-09-2023, 02:06 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Progress is measured at the end of the seasons. Last season we finished 3rd, won a trophy and got to another final. Definite, tangible progress.

Let’s see where we are at the end of this season.

‘get out of my thread if you won’t agree with what I post’
Nope sparky discussed my points with me.

You pop up to tell me I’m talking nonsense. I think that thread abour how “we aren’t that bad” is nonsense so guess what you won’t find me in there telling people in there they are talking nonsense.

If it’s all nonsense save your “valuable” time and ignore the thread no?

Unread 23-09-2023, 02:08 PM
dunk

Quote:
Nope sparky discussed my points with me.

You pop up to tell me I’m talking nonsense. I think that thread abour how “we aren’t that bad” is nonsense so guess what you won’t find me in there telling people in there they are talking nonsense.

If it’s all nonsense save your “valuable” time and ignore the thread no?
No mate. Say something that requires rebuttal, it gets rebutted. All of your points have been argued to the nth degree. You are hellbent on hating the manager and don’t want to hear anything else. Simples.

Unread 23-09-2023, 02:09 PM
larry

has marlo seen fergie's second season record yet

Unread 23-09-2023, 04:33 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
has marlo seen fergie's second season record yet

Should have been sacked the hopeless scotch git

Unread 23-09-2023, 04:51 PM
pedr0

can't respect Marlo whilst he keeps calling it "the premiership"