Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-09-2012, 06:43 PM
Father Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
YNWA, straight in at number............

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/singles
That'll be United fans mass buying all the other 11.

Unread 16-09-2012, 06:50 PM
Switching Off

Liverpool fans are distraught to learn that stolen copies of YNWA do not count towards chart placing.

Unread 16-09-2012, 06:52 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
You'll Never Walk Alone reached No.12 in the UK charts today as supporters sent a tribute to the 96 who died at Hillsborough and those who have fought to reveal the truth about the tragedy.
Hillsborough

In a week when the Hillsborough Independent Panel released its report, supporters joined forces on Twitter, Facebook and fan forums to spread the word and send the record back into the charts.

It even spent much of Sunday at No.1 in the iTunes chart ahead of artists like The Script and Ne-Yo before dropping down a place.

The Gerry and the Pacemakers' hit, taken from the Rogers and Hammerstein musical Carousel, was No.1 in 1963 and was subsequently adopted by the fans at Anfield.

On Sunday, just under 50 years after the last time it topped the chart, You'll Never Walk Alone was back at No.12 in memory of the 96.
From the LFC site. Seriously, doesnt it take like 5,000 copies to top the chart nowadays?

Unread 16-09-2012, 07:13 PM
Pop

Angry

Corruption! Obviously brown envelopes were exchanged between Mr Ferguson and the OCC to prevent us making it to no.1

Absolutely seething, £#%&! my life, I'm finished with music, etc, etc....

Unread 16-09-2012, 07:34 PM
Switching Off

A vermin fan talking about next week. YCNMIU :shakehead:

5timesinIstanbul

16 September 2012 7:23PM

Fans seem to think that when they enter a football ground, normal codes of behaviour don't apply. This has to change. Healthy rivalry and competition is great, but vicious taunting about death is beyond the pale

Unread 16-09-2012, 07:34 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
onlyanorthernsong

16 September 2012 4:23PM

it is about Hillsborough, if you can't see that it is part of the ongoing vilificaton of Liverpool started by Mackenzie and the South Yorkshire Police in the aftermath, and cheerfully taken up by Manchester United fans, then you are either seriously deluded or just plain biased.

By the way, if the FA had shown half as much enthusiasm for pursuing the truth about Hillsborough
and their own part in the disaster (playing a semi final at a ground that had no safety certificate), than they did in pursuing Suarez, then I would have some repect for them.

They didn't. And I don't.

If you check the reocord of fan arrests and public order offences overall since Hillsborough you will find that Liverpool actually have one of the better behaved fan bases.

Still don't let the facts get in the way of a smear.

all here, loons: http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog...rt-of-comments
I'm on it.

Already getting a hail of insults.

Unread 16-09-2012, 07:35 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Quote:
A vermin fan talking about next week. YCNMIU :shakehead:

5timesinIstanbul

16 September 2012 7:23PM

Fans seem to think that when they enter a football ground, normal codes of behaviour don't apply. This has to change. Healthy rivalry and competition is great, but vicious taunting about death is beyond the pale
Altogether now, "Whose that.............".

Been said a million times but they have £#%&! all self awareness whatsoever

Unread 16-09-2012, 07:36 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
I'm on it.

You're also getting a flurry of recommends

Unread 16-09-2012, 07:36 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
You're also getting a flurry of recommends

How do you do that?

Unread 16-09-2012, 07:37 PM
Switching Off

Quote:

How do you do that?
Posting from my phone, reading online logged out, so it lets you multi rec quickly

Unread 16-09-2012, 07:38 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Posting from my phone, reading online logged out, so it lets you multi rec quickly
I thought i was getting a groundswell of support.

Unread 16-09-2012, 07:39 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
I thought i was getting a groundswell of support.
you might be, I lost count, but it hopefully pisses them off

Unread 16-09-2012, 07:40 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
you might be, I lost count, but it hopefully pisses them off
ffs

Unread 16-09-2012, 08:33 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
I'm on it.

Posted on a Hillsborough thread today (not that one) - nothing particularly controversial or offensive.......

Still got zapped almost straight away. Will stick to posting on politics on CiF, tbh - the mods aren't *quite* as trigger happy there :shakehead:

Unread 16-09-2012, 09:01 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
i forgot there's a song about hillsborough on there
I love the manics, or used to at least, but SYMM was possibly one of the worst songs (lyrically) I've ever heard.

Shame, as the music was decent, oddly reverberated drums and the like. But here's a sample of some lyrics:

"The ending for this song
Well I haven't really thought of one"

go back to hoovering nicky ffs.

Unread 16-09-2012, 11:12 PM
atticusgrinch

Is anyone watching this shit on MoTD2.

How the £#%&! are we being singled out as hillsborough offenders?

Unread 16-09-2012, 11:18 PM
pc6090

Quote:
Is anyone watching this shit on MoTD2.

Tbf the little scouse @#%&! did mention Munich songs. Quite a simple but effective tribute at the end though

Unread 16-09-2012, 11:25 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
:

Didnt see it, but not surprised. Complete rewriting of history

Unread 16-09-2012, 11:34 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc6090
Tbf the little scouse @#%&! did mention Munich songs. Quite a simple but effective tribute at the end though
Yeah as an afterthought.

Unread 17-09-2012, 12:02 AM
Sparky***

tbf Liverpool have always been the media darlings - hillsborough never changed that. If anything it's made them excluded from all the shit other supporters get tarred with. Aside from United, Everton and recently Chelsea - I think pretty much everyone else kisses their arses.

As far as i'm concerned their fans have always been treated with kid gloves, they've always had every facet of the media massaging their collective egos, talking in overly-romantic %@#$&!s about them and their £#%&!ing KOP as if it transcends a mere football stand full of supporters. Any time they play at home in Europe it's 90 mins full of whimsical shite and fawning over another tannoy assisted rendition of that £#%&!ing Carousel dirge.

This crusade they are now on to "clear their name" as it were, who are they trying to prove it to? The media in this country relentlessly kiss their arse, even The Sun has been cringe worthily trying to curry favour with them for ages ever since that story in '89. It's over, Liverpool. And guess what? Nobody actually believed the £#%&!ing Sun anyway because it's always full of shit you morons.

What they really want though is absolution - which they can't have, because that word 'Justice' that they like to throw around a lot doesn't work like that. Just because you aren't guilty of one thing, doesn't mean you're innocent of everything else. You can't simply wash away the decades of munich chants, sick banners, stanley knife slashes, Dart chucking, shit throwing, lying, self righteous, ambulance attacking and CS gas lobbing because you feel like it. You can't wash away the last year and the appalling way Liverpool Football Club handled the whole Suarez/Evra affair. From the boardroom to the terraces it was an unmitigated disgrace and a stain on the name of Liverpool FC that cannot and will not be swept away by this current £#%&!ing tidal wave of self-righteous indignation and self pitying.

We know you Liverpool because we're the ones you save your real face for. Man Utd bring out the worst in Liverpool FC and we've seen just how low you lot like to sink when it suits you.
Closed Thread