United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 07-10-2013, 02:10 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

That £#%&!ing save.

Unread 07-10-2013, 02:15 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
i remember the last time I got stuck to a gif
what is the world coming to when I have to spread rep around before giving more to bloody throb?

Quote:
if United's midfield didn't function these last few seasons then it wouldn't have won what it has.

the issue is less about the midfield and more about keeping the ball in transition and not losing it cheaply once we're committed. I know I've repeated this over and over and over again but it's worth repeating.
it really isn't. it is painfully obvious to all but the most contrary that midfield is a problem. the lack of dynamic covering has been held in check by the best defence in the league and carrick's intelligence. and moments of individual brilliance have given us wins. but generally we look a disorganised rabble with a hole in the middle and no clue what to do when we have the ball other than hit hopeful crosses into the nearest defender.

Unread 07-10-2013, 02:29 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

it really isn't. it is painfully obvious to all but the most contrary that midfield is a problem. the lack of dynamic covering has been held in check by the best defence in the league and carrick's intelligence. and moments of individual brilliance have given us wins.
i don't disagree with this bit but what I'm saying is that despite not being the best, it has still functioned well enough to be repeat champions.

United needs a top class midfielder no doubt, but above all it has to retain possession far better. If you commit to attack like United does then constantly getting turned round is a nightmare, especially for ageing players.

Unread 07-10-2013, 02:31 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
i don't disagree with this bit but what I'm saying is that despite not being the best, it has still functioned well enough to be repeat champions.

United needs a top class midfielder no doubt, but above all it has to retain possession far better. If you commit to attack like United does then constantly getting turned round is a nightmare, especially for ageing players.
That hasn't happened for a good while.

Unread 07-10-2013, 02:31 PM
Aman27deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!

That £#%&!ing save.

Still not gayers' best save tbh. He'll be Spain #1 after the WC.

Unread 07-10-2013, 03:10 PM
David Moist

I don't understand how De Gea still doesn't have a cap for Spain. Reina is ahead of him in the squad, for £#%&!'s sake.

Has De Gea even made the squad?

Unread 07-10-2013, 03:12 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Moist
I don't understand how De Gea still doesn't have a cap for Spain. Reina is ahead of him in the squad, for £#%&!'s sake.

Reina is there just for the bants.

Unread 07-10-2013, 03:13 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Moist

He has, was first sub (ahead of Reina) to Valdez in the qualifiers back in March when Casillas was out.

Unread 07-10-2013, 04:25 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrush
There seems to be an increasing mood of people shitting themselves at the prospect of playing Southampton at Old Trafford :
They are 4th in the table, we are 9th

Unread 07-10-2013, 04:53 PM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

Need to get some de gea for England chants going

Unread 07-10-2013, 04:54 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
They are 4th in the table, we are 9th
We don't even go above them IF we win.

Unread 07-10-2013, 05:00 PM
dragflick