United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 25-05-2017, 03:35 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
What's the one in our museum then? A snide replica rather than a real replica?!
Unless you were there in 1999 or 2008 when we had the real one, then the ones in the museum are replicas. They have to be a certain amount smaller than the real one.

If you win the european cup 3 times in a row or if you've won it 5 times overall, they give you the european cup to keep and then they make another one.

You also get one of those badges on your sleeves.

Unread 25-05-2017, 03:37 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
i've watched some of this ajax team this season and there's definitely a lot of potential and talent in there, but they're not yet the finished article.

i guess the same can be said about this united side, but what we have that ajax didn't last night is experienced players. i'm sure smalling and valencia have been here longer than half their squad have even been professional footballers.
And also we have a much more experienced manager at this level. Bosz has won no major honours. Someone playing the way he does, with a bunch of kids, is pretty much ideal for Mourinho. We still had to get the job done, of course, but you could tell after ten minutes, with how compact and narrow we defended, that it was a step too far for them. Did they create a single chance?

Unread 25-05-2017, 03:40 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Did they create a single chance?
17 shots, 3 on target.

Unread 25-05-2017, 03:40 PM
UpManutd

Hi everyone! I'm new here.. and I'd like to celebrate yesterday's victory with a video I found that shows the tactics and the way to play of Man Utd
youtube.com/watch?v=vC1Bky4VUFw

Unread 25-05-2017, 03:42 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpManutd
Hi everyone! I'm new here.. and I'd like to celebrate yesterday's victory with a video I found that shows the tactics and the way to play of Man Utd
Learn to do links you £#%&!ing @#%&!, even I can do that

Unread 25-05-2017, 03:42 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Thanks

Unread 25-05-2017, 03:44 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Where you from, chief?

Unread 25-05-2017, 03:47 PM
Jethro

Quote:

Unread 25-05-2017, 03:48 PM
jem

Quote:
I think we can all predict what's going to happen here.

Unread 25-05-2017, 03:58 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
This will not end well on fred.

Unread 25-05-2017, 04:00 PM
puressence

I've just moved of the sofa. Rough as toast

Unread 25-05-2017, 04:02 PM
no fun

Hi Upmanutd

Don't like your user name, united are @#%&!s who cause great strife on this forum

Unless you are female, or have connections that can get me guest list for gigs, get £#%&!ed

Unread 25-05-2017, 04:05 PM
believe

Umu

Unread 25-05-2017, 04:16 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd

Last night was history in the making, while 4 other clubs have won the European set we now join Bayern as the only other club to have European and World collection (Intercontinental, World Club Cup) :riccers:

Bayern also have the Super Cup, I presume?

Unread 25-05-2017, 04:45 PM
Sapien

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Umu
good restaurant

Unread 25-05-2017, 04:48 PM
Billy Redface

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Yeah look it'd have been nice to click our fingers and turn into Brazil 1970 overnight but it doesn't work like that. It wasn't exactly grim pragmatism, we controlled the game, we were the ones out looking for the goal when the onus was on us. After we were 2-0 (with a damn sexy finish too) I might even have smiled a bit. The glory days aren't back yet by a long shot but it's a start. It's a trophy and thank Christ a break from football for a bit. Rejoice!
This

Unread 25-05-2017, 05:00 PM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
This
The break from football bit especially.

Unread 25-05-2017, 05:18 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
And also we have a much more experienced manager at this level. Bosz has won no major honours. Someone playing the way he does, with a bunch of kids, is pretty much ideal for Mourinho. We still had to get the job done, of course, but you could tell after ten minutes, with how compact and narrow we defended, that it was a step too far for them. Did they create a single chance?
yep, last night and the 2010 CL final were ideal opponents for him tbh

Unread 25-05-2017, 05:28 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
yep, last night and the 2010 CL final were ideal opponents for him tbh
2007 FA Cup final too. 2011 Copa del Rey final against Barca.

Has a great record in finals tbf. His nightmare opponent would be an Atleti or Juve.

Unread 25-05-2017, 06:01 PM
92ToBury

Tactical masterclass from Jose last night. No plan B of any use from Ajax either fortunately. As ruthlessly efficient as Fergie was in 12/13 at getting results without really entertaining.