United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 05-07-2023, 12:44 PM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
I personally think Fred is the better player.

Unread 05-07-2023, 12:47 PM
MUFC One Love

I like Fred, he does a job in big games with his legs and sometimes impacts games off the bench but to say he's better than Mount...

Also united really need more than just players who "do a job". Hence him getting sold if they can.

Unread 05-07-2023, 01:16 PM
NedKelly

Thread bookmarked.

Unread 05-07-2023, 01:17 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Thread bookmarked.

Unread 05-07-2023, 01:22 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I like Fred, he does a job in big games with his legs and sometimes impacts games off the bench but to say he's better than Mount...

Also united really need more than just players who "do a job". Hence him getting sold if they can.
have you even seen mount play? do you even know why he was in and out the team last season at Chelsea.

I’ve seen some of you say you turn off match of the day after United are shown.
You just assuming he is good because he is clean cut and English.
he is as wasteful as Bruno, runs around lot without doing much like The Scottish Player and is greedy.
not a good fit as we still need a midfielder (yes if we bought a defensive midfield we wouldn’t be needing mount)

Underwhelming signing.

The number 7 ffs!

Unread 05-07-2023, 05:15 PM
Dr Stranger

I £#%&!ing love Ten Hag

Unread 05-07-2023, 06:28 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
have you even seen mount play? do you even know why he was in and out the team last season at Chelsea.

I’ve seen some of you say you turn off match of the day after United are shown.
You just assuming he is good because he is clean cut and English.
he is as wasteful as Bruno, runs around lot without doing much like The Scottish Player and is greedy.
not a good fit as we still need a midfielder (yes if we bought a defensive midfield we wouldn’t be needing mount)

Underwhelming signing.

The number 7 ffs!

Oh noes! As wasteful as one of the most creative players in Europe! How will we cope

You're an absolute crank.

Unread 05-07-2023, 06:52 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
I personally think Fred is the better player.
Now you're just being silly

Unread 05-07-2023, 06:58 PM
History

Erik looks chuffed to bits

I've come round to fully mount on the mount train.

Unread 05-07-2023, 09:27 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
"I want you to be a very important player eh? EH? EH?"

Mad Dutch bastard

Unread 05-07-2023, 09:43 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Oh noes! As wasteful as one of the most creative players in Europe! How will we cope

You're an absolute crank.
thats because you don't get.

bruno is wasteful because he is daring. always trying to make things happen and while I dont like the way he plays its working for now and we benefit.
what we cant do is realise our midfield don't hold onto the ball, can never take the sting out of a game or exert control when our opponents start gaining momentum and then add another player who is quite wasteful on the ball.

we want a midfield that is balanced. similar to the best Barcelona model of busquets , Xavi and iniesta.
casimero is obviously busquets, bruno is iniesta. we need a Xavi type player. like anchor.
instead we have another heroball but abit more greedy and not as productive. brilliant.

Unread 05-07-2023, 09:44 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
thats because you don't get.

bruno is wasteful because he is daring. always trying to make things happen and while I dont like the way he plays its working for now and we benefit.
what we cant do is realise our midfield don't hold onto the ball, can never take the sting out of a game or exert control when our opponents start gaining momentum and then add another player who is quite wasteful on the ball.

we want a midfield that is balanced. similar to the best Barcelona model of busquets , Xavi and iniesta.
casimero is obviously busquets, bruno is iniesta. we need a Xavi type player. like anchor.
instead we have another heroball but abit more greedy and not as productive. brilliant.
Such as?

Unread 05-07-2023, 09:59 PM
The Judge

Unread 05-07-2023, 10:00 PM
browser

Quote:
His final season at Chelsea was affected by injury and not having a stable position. But in 2021-22 he scored 11 times and made 10 assists in the Premier League — one of only three players to do so that season. It is this output United feel they can tap into further.

His versatility is also part of what appeals to United. He has played predominantly as a No 10, which is the role mainly occupied by Bruno Fernandes, but also at times last season by Wout Weghorst. Mount offers a much better fit when Ten Hag opts to shift Fernandes to the wing or rest him.

“Mount is a front-foot player, with a good goal record, who can protect the ball in high-field positions, I think he’s a little less rash than Fernandes,” says a source — speaking anonymously to protect relationships — who has worked with United.

nrat etc

Seems like a good egg though. Deffo our best Mason.

Unread 05-07-2023, 10:00 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Such as?
if its as up to me.....

id be signing a top marksman. Kane or oshimen or some one of that ilk.
my 2nd forward would be that Broja at Chelsea (coming back from injury but should be back in training pre season)

and a keeper obviously.

funnily enough the player we need to play that perfect anchor role in midfield is at the club but £#%&! knows why our dutch manager can get the best out of our dutch midfielder.
between eriksen and a playing quite well vdb we can get by next season and take our time and cherry pick the midfielder we will but next season.

Unread 05-07-2023, 10:02 PM
Ethers

Who’s our Messi exactly?

Unread 05-07-2023, 10:02 PM
Bunker Buster

Donny has never played the anchor role before...hth..

Unread 05-07-2023, 10:04 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
if its as up to me.....

my 2nd forward would be that Broja at Chelsea (coming back from injury but should be back in training pre season)

and a keeper obviously.

funnily enough the player we need to play that perfect anchor role in midfield is at the club but £#%&! knows why our dutch manager can get the best out of our dutch midfielder.
between eriksen and a playing quite well vdb we can get by next season and take our time and cherry pick the midfielder we will but next season.
I don't think it's any secret that we need a Kane or an Oshimen, mate. Small problem with that is - we simply don't have the money for them.

If i were a betting man I'd say we're going to get Mount, Onana and possibly Hojlund. That'll be our lot.

Unread 05-07-2023, 10:05 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Who’s our Messi exactly?
I love that you said this.

We have a right footed forward who comes off the left like Henry. His name is rashford.

We obviously need that striker to be up top

On the right we have a South American funnily enough. You know who it is.
You lot tell me he is good right?

Unread 05-07-2023, 10:06 PM
The Judge

Quote:
if its as up to me.....

and a keeper obviously.
Kane?

Well I can pick a hole in your better-than-everyonelse- argument right there